The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Independent Event GRENADIER OCTOBERFEST MOAB

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:48 PM
Reaction score
Ok, back to some pre trip ideas. I believe I can meet up Sunday 9/6/24 as I have my Father in town for Balloon fiesta and cannot meet Friday now. So 2 ideas, one is Do the Rim Rocker and Kane Springs to Moab, arriving at the end of the day 9th, or Run Imogene, Black Bear and Rim Rocker to Moab....

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:48 PM
Reaction score
Ok, back to some pre trip ideas. I believe I can meet up Sunday 9/6/24 as I have my Father in town for Balloon fiesta and cannot meet Friday now. So 2 ideas, one is Do the Rim Rocker and Kane Springs to Moab, arriving at the end of the day 9th, or Run Imogene, Black Bear and Rim Rocker to Moab....
FWIW Black Bear was confirmed to be closed for the season a few days ago due to a slide, and Imogene is currently closed due to a slide without an expected reopening date yet

Local time
7:48 PM
Reaction score
Southern Utan/Western Slope Colorado are beautiful areas but Moab is very very popular and October is a big season for them.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did not know about the closures, but it has been an INSANELY wet monsoon. I say we gather near Montrose instead and head towards Moab.

j.ironfab

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did not know about the closures, but it has been an INSANELY wet monsoon. I say we gather near Montrose instead and head towards Moab.

I am local to the Montrose area so I am up for meeting there and driving rimrocker over to moab.

Brandtnm

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m unfamiliar with Montrose, so very open to ideas. But south of there and north or Ouray is a big lake that I think has camping. Also, Adrenaline’s back lot looks big on the satellite if they’re game. As for other pass situations I know of: scotch creek is functionally impassable at the mud hole. Most of the alpine loop is still open but not really heading in the right direction and getting heavily rain rutted. Immediately south of black bear, Ophir pass is still open, we did it this weekend. For camping nearer Durango there always lots of space at hermosa creek or on top of Bolsam pass at celebration lake. Unless there are more coming up, my wife and I will be starting near purgatory ski resort at our place probably Friday and headed north Saturday. We have space for several trucks If you’re in the neighborhood. We will probably do Bolsam to the highway and Rico (good restaurant there for lunch). If anyone else comes then maybe Silverton to Ophir pass to the highway to Ridgeway to Montrose is a leisurely day trip with some super views. And if adrenaline will let us overnight in their back lot or point us to someplace else, then maybe the dates will all line up.

Voyager-Outdoors ltd.

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Okay folks, I love the idea of Rim Rocker on your way into Moab. So, I pre-ran it last week 8/20-8/21. Trail is great for the Grenadiers but know this going in. The heavy rains this summer have taken a toll on the trail and it's running pretty rough. Plan no less than two days if you rush and three if you want to stop and take in the sights. The west side of La Sal Pass is all doable, just tight and scratches are probable.

I may run sections again soon. Since my pre-run last week, Moab and Western Colorado had two days of flooding yet again. Who knows what it looks like now? Just plan ahead and don't over commit!

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Okay folks, I love the idea of Rim Rocker on your way into Moab. So, I pre-ran it last week 8/20-8/21. Trail is great for the Grenadiers but know this going in. The heavy rains this summer have taken a toll on the trail and it's running pretty rough. Plan no less than two days if you rush and three if you want to stop and take in the sights. The west side of La Sal Pass is all doable, just tight and scratches are probable.

I may run sections again soon. Since my pre-run last week, Moab and Western Colorado had two days of flooding yet again. Who knows what it looks like now? Just plan ahead and don't over commit!

Looking forward to it

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will look a little closer at meet up spots after the holidays. Here is what happened on my Silverton Overland Estates Project thanks to the rain. Thankfully the EPA takes care of this. But another historic structures succumbs to age.Anglo - front view.jpg

Brandtnm

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Thanks for all the help! Do we need a chain saw or just a machete for some maintenance along the way?

And I’m in the 3 day club with the wife along.

jesmor3

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Done! i have signed up and paid. I just pinged the SF bay area grenadiers if anyone wants to convoy with me.

My brother will join. We may head back to salt lake on saturday afternoon for a bit of birthday bash for him (its a big birthday).

LMK which hotel i should book. i noticed you haven't decided which hotel is hosting GrenadierTown yet, but i want to be there... :)
Just seeing this, I’m in slc. Are you picking him up in Lehi? Also this party sounds fun haha

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:48 PM
Reaction score
Hi jesmor,

I plan to roll into traverse mountain late Sunday eve.
I'm going to take my grenadier to Warner in SLC for some minor things on Monday and Tuesday. Depending on how much time the warner guys needs we may head out Wednesday to Moab, unless warner needs my car on Wednesday as well. Worst case we roll out Thursday morning at the latest. Feel free to join us even if it's just for a beer in the backyard before we head out.

If anyone else wants to join and drive together to Moab let me know, or want to catch up before the trip that's cool too.

Sometime on Monday or Tuesday I'm going to head over to overland gear guy and get some stuff from him. And I'm also going to stop by equipt expedition outfitters, considering buying some kit from them. Any other overlanding or 4x4 store around SLC that is recommended?

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is an Iron Springs Campground at the start of the Rim Rocker near Montrose we can use. It only has 8 sites, but that is probably plenty. I am sure they allow a couple of vehicles per site.

jesmor3

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi jesmor,

I plan to roll into traverse mountain late Sunday eve.
I'm going to take my grenadier to Warner in SLC for some minor things on Monday and Tuesday. Depending on how much time the warner guys needs we may head out Wednesday to Moab, unless warner needs my car on Wednesday as well. Worst case we roll out Thursday morning at the latest. Feel free to join us even if it's just for a beer in the backyard before we head out.

If anyone else wants to join and drive together to Moab let me know, or want to catch up before the trip that's cool too.

Sometime on Monday or Tuesday I'm going to head over to overland gear guy and get some stuff from him. And I'm also going to stop by equipt expedition outfitters, considering buying some kit from them. Any other overlanding or 4x4 store around SLC that is recommended?
Sounds good! Yes I might join Wednesdays's drive down. I'll check work schedule that morning. Expedition Superstore has a retail store. Equipt is legit and Paul there has helped me out with vehicles for years. Highly recommended.

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That campground closes end of September for the season. So I think we just find a place nearby to camp. Whoever will be first will need to throw up a sign or something.

Back
Top Bottom