The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
Mine arrived Brissy 28/29 June - was told yesterday, estimated that it should be at dealers early next week and then they can start pre-delivery, so looking towards end of this month to pick it up. 😃 👏 Cheers and 🍻
cheers, hoping my dealer is all over it and invoice is received shortly otherwise will follow up to help ensure no delays are experienced with this as some others have. Dealer has been good to speak to. Prefer to see the vehicle first but I'm confident in the product and suspect any warranty issues will be sorted. I don't think me taking a gander before payment would make any difference, unless there's something real obvious.. like a door or two is missing... :LOL:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There have been a few in UK/EU who have reported delays in IA acknowledging receipt of payment. But I see that as a them problem, I have waited this long I can wait a few days more. I have also seen reports of people paying and their vehicle still not at agents and waiting weeks with the money in the IA bank account and not theirs. I would much rather know the car is here at agent and correct but have to wait a few extra days for delivery than the other way around. I am sure it is not in the agents interest to go slow on the PDI whether you have paid or not, they will want to get it out the door and move on as fast as possible.
Hi @AnD3rew .... Although the Ineos contract states that the payment is required to be received and cleared two days prior to handover, it's been hinted that when some customers have left it to the last minute and external finance is involved, there's been hold-ups. This has delayed the release of further cars to the affected dealers.
After some discussion with my dealer, I recently paid on the clear understanding that the vehicle was due at the dealer's premises in a few days pending the fitting of the side indicators.
I then sent the dealer the e-receipt for the funds transfer.
24 hrs after I transferred the funds, the dealer sent me an email confirming the receipt of funds by Ineos Australia (!) and added that he was expecting the vehicle within 2-3 days and, baring "the unforeseen" that it should be handed over to me late next week!.
My decision to transfer the funds was also based on my growing confidence after several personal and email interactions with Ineos Australia staff as a result of the drive days... I'll let you know next weekend;)!

The major benefit we have in Aus. is that we're dealing with the local team and not the sprawling bureaucracy of IA head office ! Justin H runs a proactive team and my observation is that they're on top of their game. The further excitement and commercial opportunities generated by the release of the Quartermaster here should help to keep the local team invested in the business... and good luck to them!(y)

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi @AnD3rew .... Although the Ineos contract states that the payment is required to be received and cleared two days prior to handover, it's been hinted that when some customers have left it to the last minute and external finance is involved, there's been hold-ups. This has delayed the release of further cars to the dealers.
After some discussion with my dealer, I recently paid on the clear understanding that the vehicle was due at the dealer's premises in a few days pending the fitting of the side indicators. I then sent the dealer the e-receipt for the funds transfer. 24 hrs after I transferred the funds, the dealer sent me an email confirming the receipt of funds by Ineos Australia (!) and added that he was expecting the vehicle within 2-3 days and, baring "the unforeseen" that it should be handed over to me late next week!. My decision to transfer the funds was also based on my growing confidence after several personal and email interactions with Ineos Australia staff as a result of the drive days... I'll let you know next weekend;)!
I think if you are getting finance it is probably a different story, there does seem to have been some glitches with that so getting that sorted a bit early makes sense, and yes I have a lot of confidence in the IA Australia team and my agent, I don’t necessarily need to physically see my car, but I want it to be physically at my agent and have him confirm to me that all is as per the order. If it is at the agent’s premises and confirmed, I will pay even if completion of PD is still a week or more away.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Me too.

Though would they seriously go-slow at the docks if waiting until car was at dealers before paying? Really?

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think if you are getting finance it is probably a different story, there does seem to have been some glitches with that so getting that sorted a bit early makes sense, and yes I have a lot of confidence in the IA Australia team and my agent, I don’t necessarily need to physically see my car, but I want it to be physically at my agent and have him confirm to me that all is as per the order. If it is at the agent’s premises and confirmed, I will pay even if completion of PD is still a week or more away.
If you are arranging finance via the dealer they will be getting a commission or kickback on it so I don’t see them being too upset about that.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Me too.

Though would they seriously go-slow at the docks if waiting until car was at dealers before paying? Really?
Doubt it, they will be paying for storage at docks they will be keen to get it to dealers, although dealers may also be stretched for space if a bunch of cars arrive all at once.

Local time
Reaction score
I am using finance (not the ineos one)

I recieved my invoice to pay at least a month ago, apparently it was sent early…..

I was told 11th June was the eta for wheel
Off the boat and onto the dock.

I have since been advised it has finally made it to the holding yard and pre deliver, indicator swaps and any bolt ons still to be fitted.

The dealership has booked in my delivery date purposefully a few weeks out with the exception of rather it be a supprise and ready sooner vs promoised and missed etc.

Once again being financed I will wait to pay and insure the vehicle before I give the go ahead for the transfer to occur, happy to miss 2-3 days. But not 2-3 weeks or months of payment and still nothing.

Its close and I wish it was sooner. But i feel it will all be forgotten once its parked in my garage

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am using finance (not the ineos one)

I recieved my invoice to pay at least a month ago, apparently it was sent early…..

I was told 11th June was the eta for wheel
Off the boat and onto the dock.

I have since been advised it has finally made it to the holding yard and pre deliver, indicator swaps and any bolt ons still to be fitted.

The dealership has booked in my delivery date purposefully a few weeks out with the exception of rather it be a supprise and ready sooner vs promoised and missed etc.

Once again being financed I will wait to pay and insure the vehicle before I give the go ahead for the transfer to occur, happy to miss 2-3 days. But not 2-3 weeks or months of payment and still nothing.

Its close and I wish it was sooner. But i feel it will all be forgotten once its parked in my garage
The exquisite pleasure of a little pain for an expected large gain! 😜

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
For NSW registered cars there are some issues with registration, courtesy of the RMS. INEOS is trying to work through those issues. You would think ADR approval means registration, apparently not. INEOS then needs to do "battle" in each state. They got two cars through registration, then the RMS pulled the pin.

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
For NSW registered cars there are some issues with registration, courtesy of the RMS. INEOS is trying to work through those issues. You would think ADR approval means registration, apparently not. INEOS then needs to do "battle" in each state. They got two cars through registration, then the RMS pulled the pin.
DON'T PANIC. 🙂 The difficulty appears to have been overcome. Mine was registered today in Sydney. 🎉

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd be interested to hear where that came from.
An INEOS marketing rep (not a dealer rep) told me the same today at the Sydney 4x4 Show - a cab chasis is not far off. It will basically a Quartermaster without the tray. It will be a dual cab.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:35 AM
Reaction score
An INEOS marketing rep (not a dealer rep) told me the same today at the Sydney 4x4 Show - a cab chasis is not far off. It will basically a Quartermaster without the tray. It will be a dual cab.
If they launched a single chassis cab model I would trade my utility wagon in for that 👍🏼

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At the moment the Tortugas, Thermopylae & Titania are all outside Port Philip Bay waiting to dock in Melbourne, all with plenty of Grenadiers on board

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At the moment the Tortugas, Thermopylae & Titania are all outside Port Philip Bay waiting to dock in Melbourne, all with plenty of Grenadiers on board
Tortugas, Thermopylae And Figaro but Titania is outside Auckland

Back
Top Bottom