The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

GP Factor Fender Plate Kits Now Available

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
Good Morning All,

We have made a few new Fender plate kits for the Grennys. Standard and a Faux Vented version. Kits are available for preorder today and should ship in about 1.5-2 weeks. Cheers!

We have made these fender plates to be an easy install that does not require drilling holes in your vehicle. Unlike many of the options out there, we have made these out of a thicker 1/8” aluminum, with a matching textured powder coat that matches the bumper and other black parts on your truck. The plates are attached with a very specific 3M VHB 5952 double sided tape that fully ensures your plates will stay in place securely on your vehicle. Plates are manufactured with attention to many details including the welding of the foe vent filler plate, powder coat is only applied to the top and sides to ensure the base layer of VHB has the best adhesion to the raw aluminum of the plate. We have two options available for your Grenadier: Plain plates, and our faux vented plates. These are fully made in the USA.

Couple Notes as I am sure some will ask on the VHB: We worked with 3M to pick the most specific VHB for this purpose. Plates are properly taped prior to powder as this specific VHB is meant for adhesion of raw aluminum/metal to a clear coated paint finish. When installed properly on a clean surface, this is extremely durable.

Attachments

• 4B6A7974.jpg
    4B6A7974.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 115
  • 4B6A7976.jpg
    4B6A7976.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 4B6A7977.jpg
    4B6A7977.jpg
    425.7 KB · Views: 117
  • DSC09555.jpg
    DSC09555.jpg
    895.1 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC09566.jpg
    DSC09566.jpg
    617.8 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
Perfect timing as I was about to purchase somewhere, plus the forum discount code brings the price down too.

Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
These fender plates were on display at overland expo and they are really, really nice in person. It is a simple clean design that looks much “better than OEM” in my opinion. The only tough choice here is what style to pick…..I’m leaning towards the faux vented ones so my beer can will sit in the recess and won’t slide off the fender while parked in off camber situations.

Last edited:

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Hello AJ, I have a question, assuming I put the plates and the ITV made me remove them, do you have experience of what the area would look like when removing the 3M VHB 5952 strips, would it be easy to remove? Would there be marks left on the paint? I wait your answer thank you

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
Hello AJ, I have a question, assuming I put the plates and the ITV made me remove them, do you have experience of what the area would look like when removing the 3M VHB 5952 strips, would it be easy to remove? Would there be marks left on the paint? I wait your answer thank you
Hi Paco,

From previous experiences, I would slightly heat the badge/adhesive until pliable and slowly remove. Any remaining adhesive, I spray with Goo Gone. You may have a similar product in your country.

Cheers!

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Hola paco,

Según experiencias anteriores, calentaría ligeramente la insignia/adhesivo hasta que estuviera flexible y lo retiraría lentamente. Cualquier adhesivo restante lo rocío con Goo Gone. Es posible que tengas un producto similar en tu país.

¡Salud!
Gracias por tu respuesta AJ, estoy pensando si hago las placas con Polietileno PFHD (alta densidad), 4 mm, y luego las pinto en polvo, así creo que será más fácil que se aprueben y gané. No es necesario que se los quiten. Saludos

Gracias por tu respuesta AJ, etoy dandole vueltas a si hago yo las placas con Polietileno PFHD (alta densidad), de 4 mm, y luego las pinto en polvo, de esa forma creo que será más fácil que me las homologuen y no me las hagan quitar. Saludos

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:22 PM
Reaction score
Ineos told me back in 2022 that they first tried the fender plates without being riveted on.
During crash testing the fender bent and the plates came off and went straight through the windscreen.
The only way they could get them approved was riveted as well as double sided tape.
During an accident they have to remain firmly fixed to the vehicle.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
Ineos told me back in 2022 that they first tried the fender plates without being riveted on.
During crash testing the fender bent and the plates came off and went straight through the windscreen.
The only way they could get them approved was riveted as well as double sided tape.
During an accident they have to remain firmly fixed to the vehicle.

That’s a fair point, before I kept thinking, why would they just fly off in an accident. I never thought about the wing bending/deflecting and the things just pinging off.

I think you just put me off tbh Dave !

Back
Top Bottom