The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Fuse Boxes

Michael H.

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:19 PM
Reaction score
My love of abbreviations obliged me to make a table for those used on the fuse card I posted about one week ago. I hope I didn't make mistakes, because a few of them were a best guess. Corrections are welcome.

The funny thing is that my car has fuses for the seat heating. A TrialMaster has no seat heating. I should check if they didn't provide it, but I didn't look at the buttons of the Dashboard.

A/CAir Conditioning
ACAir Conditioning
ADASAdvanced Driver-Assistance Systems (no fuse for this! Only the location)
BCMBody Control Module
E-callEmergency Call
ESCElectronic Stability Control
ETGWGateway Module (ET?)
FLFront Left
FRFront Right
HVACHeat Ventilation Air Conditioning
IBSIntelligent Battery Sensor
IGNIgnition
LHSLeft Hand Steering
NVLDNatural Vacuum Leak Detection
PCMPower Train Control Module
RHSRight Hand Steering
RLRear Left
RRRear Right
SCRSilicon Controlled Rectifier
USBUniversal Serial Bus
SCR might be selective catalytic reduction, which is a technology used for reducing nitrogen oxides from the exhaust gas.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
SCR might be selective catalytic reduction, which is a technology used for reducing nitrogen oxides from the exhaust gas.
OK, you could be right.

But the alternator in a car is an Alternative Current (AC) generator and the AC needs to be converted to 12V DC (Direct Current). So somewhere there should be a silicon rectifier, probably build in the alternator itself.

There are two SCR Modules in the car: one SCR module with a 30A fuse and another with a 15A fuse.
Now I read that SCR is used in Diesel cars.
Mine is a Petrol, and I don't have the fuses (neither one!)

Conclusion, you are right.

SCRSelective Catalytic Reduction

Thanks for the correction!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After WW2 the UK and the Americans were the only ones who knew the German enigma machine had been cracked. They kept that secret for years and recommended the enigma machines to all the other allies, including the Australians and Canadians. That way they could keep tabs on all their 'friends'...
Its nice having a security service but you wouldn't trust them!
Hmm… might want to check your sources‘ sources Tom, if that’s not too much trouble.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
LHS = left hand side
RHS = right hand side

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
@Jean Mercier re. fuses for heated seats. The fuse box on multi-option vehicles is often a standard component and caters for all options whether or not they're present. This is very useful for wiring in other stuff when the particular option (e.g. heated seats) is not present.
Thank you for your good work on this! (y)

EDIT: "NVLD" is also the acronym for "Non-Verbal Learning Disorder".... which could be the fuse for those with a tendency to make hand signals to vent their "Road Rage"... :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Saw it on tv I think.
Enigma first broken by the Polish in 1932, known by Germany to be insecure in 1941. Australian Central Bureau embedded and collaborated with both Bletchley and US counterparts to crack Japanese cyphers (eg JN-25, 1942). Allies used TypeX from 1928, a machine based on the interwar Enigma. Post war NATO also used rotary encryption machines, combining features of TypeX and US equivalent, this remained in use until the 1970s. In cyber/SIGINT all cyphers are presumed to be broken - question is how long they stay secure for, and is it long enough to do the thing you’re coordinating. What is and remains unknown is precisely which messages were broken to what extent by when in each bureau including Bletchley - hence the space for conspiracies.

The real story is one of international cooperation and ingenuity, including with postwar Germany… just like the Grenadier.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:19 PM
Reaction score
he fuse box on multi-option vehicles is often a standard component and caters for all options whether or not they're present. This is very useful for wiring in other stuff when the particular option (e.g. heated seats) is not present.
I know, standard box indeed, but no fuses in the unused positions, and I saw on my picture that I had fuses for the heated seats! Would expect them to be empty!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
I know, standard box indeed, but no fuses in the unused positions, and I saw on my picture that I had fuses for the heated seats! Would expect them to be empty!
"Curiouser and curiouser!" :unsure: perhaps it's a metaphor for the "Hot Seat"?... ;) Check that seat label is Recaro and not "Martin-Baker" :cool::ROFLMAO:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:19 PM
Reaction score
"Curiouser and curiouser!" :unsure: perhaps it's a metaphor for the "Hot Seat"?... ;) Check that seat label is Recaro and not "Martin-Baker" :cool::ROFLMAO:
I did. I've heard of 1A/A1 quality but what's 14S:
WP_20230610_13_33_35_Pro.jpg

Back
Top Bottom