The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.
Resource icon

TSB Footwell Water Ingress - cabin filter IATSB002996

No permission to download

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
Neither link works.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
Yeah my dealer gets to deal with the water ingress to my passenger side in s few weeks.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did notice a change to the cabin filter during the first service. The original one had a black carbon side. The replacement one does not, both sides are white pleats. However, I never had issue. Just the water drops from condensation of the aircon pipes.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My car has been at the dealership since the 9th May to fix the Aircon not getting cold and also a small amount of water in the passenger foot well. Apparently they are waiting for parts which hopefully will turn up soon. It's turns out that owning a Grenadier gets you fit as I have been back on my bicycle as I still have to go to work 🤣.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My car has been at the dealership since the 9th May to fix the Aircon not getting cold and also a small amount of water in the passenger foot well. Apparently they are waiting for parts which hopefully will turn up soon. It's turns out that owning a Grenadier gets you fit as I have been back on my bicycle as I still have to go to work 🤣.
Please tell us the outcome with the small amount water in passenger footwell. Mines like this and I’m not sure if it’s the condensation of the air con pipes or if there is a tiny leak.

MarkgreSC

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
Hell mine leaks when it not raining. Wondered how I kept spilling water or something on my right foot when I wasn't even drinking anything. Must be some more of that Ineos magic like the damn speed alert they insist we have. What concerns me is when I look on the dates of these posts and this was known issue / issues a year ago. Long before I took delivery. Guess they did not care to fix pre-delivery. Class act !ago. Long before I took delivery. Guess they did not care to fix pre-delivery
Class Act! lol
. Screen Shot 2024-07-07 at 9.04.19 AM.png

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hell mine leaks when it not raining. Wondered how I kept spilling water or something on my right foot when I wasn't even drinking anything. Must be some more of that Ineos magic like the damn speed alert they insist we have. What concerns me is when I look on the dates of these posts and this was known issue / issues a year ago. Long before I took delivery. Guess they did not care to fix pre-delivery. Class act !ago. Long before I took delivery. Guess they did not care to fix pre-delivery
Class Act! lol
. View attachment 7862660
I have the same, drops appear only on the floor mat. It did not do this until the heat & humidity arrived in June. It’s on my dealer fix it list.

AC works phenomenally! Tested it out the past few days in 98F and what felt like 100% humidity.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just some feedback from recent micro filter change (as per tsb). So far so good, sunny day today, been out, aircon on and so far no drips.

Grey Wolf

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will post the outcome when I get my car back.
Well, my car was in for repair after the Aircon failed to get cool. I took it to a different agent this time and the discovered that two pipes / hoses were cracked and required replacement. Unfortunately this took three weeks for the new parts to arrive but it has been working well for the past month. The replacement parts were under warranty which was good as one hose was about £600.
I do still get a small amount of water in the left side foot well so hopefully this can be corrected when it goes in for it's first service next week.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Well, my car was in for repair after the Aircon failed to get cool. I took it to a different agent this time and the discovered that two pipes / hoses were cracked and required replacement. Unfortunately this took three weeks for the new parts to arrive but it has been working well for the past month. The replacement parts were under warranty which was good as one hose was about £600.
I do still get a small amount of water in the left side foot well so hopefully this can be corrected when it goes in for it's first service next week.
The foot well still drips unfortunately even after the latest TSB which involved changing to an updated micro/cabin filter.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Class Act! lol
I still get water forming and dripping now even in let humidity 24C outside temp...

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The foot well still drips unfortunately even after the latest TSB which involved changing to an updated micro/cabin filter.
This will not fix the issue. I'm of the view it's straight up condensate forming on the AC duct where insulation is not present and dripping straight down the centre console plastics on to my feet. There are a few threads on this and findings I thought suggested this was the issue and the fix requires a removal of dash plastics to give access to AC ducting...

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have a thought that the reason why there are drips is because the HVAC doesn’t know what it’s doing. It’s where cold air from the outside hits the heated warm air inside and produces condensation.

What I’m saying is sometimes the HVAC is freezing cold and sometimes it’s hot. This is the most probable cause. Ineos fitted a thicker micro filter (latest TSB) to restrict the cold air. It kinda works, the drips are less but it’s still there.

As Tom says, having it on recirculate is where the same temperature is recirculating in the cabin. Therefore no temperature change, no condensation.

Ineos really need to fix the actuators/flaps inside the HVAC. I’m convinced sometimes it’s stuck in between footwell and face. It can sometimes blow warm air to your face and cold air to your feet. This may explain the condensation.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos really need to fix the actuators/flaps inside the HVAC. I’m convinced sometimes it’s stuck in between footwell and face. It can sometimes blow warm air to your face and cold air to your feet. This may explain the condensation.
They really do!

Even if I do get get really good heating and cooling, the system still behaves like a feral child. Just today, with the same setting as yesterday, Auto NOT selected, the fan speed would change during the drive - spooling down and then spooling back up a bit later.

What ? 🤖

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can everyone test my theory to see if it drips. So far working for me.

Fan speed 1 or 2 (manual mode). Choose a mode which blows the same temperature out of both vents. (Ie windscreen/feet). Check at the end of the journey if there is any drips. Basically same temperature air (no hot/cold), so no condensation forming on the outside of the pipes equals no drips.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
Class Act! lol

same thing for me.

using the air conditioning I found a few drops of water on the mat as in the photo.

Saturday I was in the mountains all day <20°c and I had no water. upon returning home after several hours >35°c I noticed that humidity was created on a plastic cover. this will surely condense and fall onto the mat.

I think better thermal insulation could solve the problem.

Attachments

• tempImage2bzA3t.jpg
    tempImage2bzA3t.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
Back
Top Bottom