The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Firmware update

Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
Apologies TerryS. I have some good friends from the States from the time I worked in Savannah.

You haven't got your vehicle yet and you're talking about LAW SUITS. You Americans are just plain crazy!
I dunnknow. It Reads less like British humor, and more like, "I'm not prejudiced, I have a black friend!".

It's alright though. It really is water off a ducks back. The British do more good than harm. Us horrible Americans with our awful society will still show up to save the day, the next time you get run over. Hell, if you're lucky, we may even buy enough Grenadiers to keep the company afloat!

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
So in summary, the new infotainment update is in the 2024 models, but not retrospectively applied or advertised for prior models... and there isn't much info about it at this stage.

And most of us love our trucks, and some don't. Much like everything in the world then. Situation normal!. ;o)

Attachments

• IMG_2063.jpeg
    IMG_2063.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So in summary, the new infotainment update is in the 2024 models, but not retrospectively applied or advertised for prior models... and there isn't much info about it at this stage.
The infotainment "update" isn't what the OP was referencing. From what I've been told the entire infotainment unit is different for MY24 vs. MY23

AwestinTX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:32 PM
Reaction score
FWIW my service guy said, "software patch should be available towards the end of the year." This week I just got a countdown clock that alerts me that service is needed in XX days, which I haven't noticed on this forum before.

Also, I don't have any leaks. Water can get trapped on the sills if you're parked -just so- when it rains, but there's nothing that makes it into my cabin. I didn't get the safari windows because I expected water problems and also Texas has a scorching sun.

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW my service guy said, "software patch should be available towards the end of the year." This week I just got a countdown clock that alerts me that service is needed in XX days, which I haven't noticed on this forum before.

Also, I don't have any leaks. Water can get trapped on the sills if you're parked -just so- when it rains, but there's nothing that makes it into my cabin. I didn't get the safari windows because I expected water problems and also Texas has a scorching sun.
46 days until my service.

Local time
Reaction score
Help me understand - and I'm reacting to your post and others. Right now you do not own the car - so legally you have zero agency to claim harm. Moreover, why would you walk into a transaction and be worried about a leak you do not yet have, in a car you do not yet have, and threaten a class action against a company you are not yet a customer of?

What if you miss something on the inspection? Are you going to pull a "Popeye' Doyle from the French Connection and tear the vehicle down to the rockers with your salesman? Do yourself a favor and avoid the angst - cancel your order.

Do you worry too if the light in your refrigerator is really turning off when you close the door?

I have read every article I could find. Google is set to find them for me. I've watched well over 150 videos on youtube, I always search you-tube first thing every morning for anything new in the last 24 hours. I definitely not pleased with complaints, like water in the cabin and on my celing. Why are these cars still making it out of the factory in this condition? For 100K USD I'n not looking for excuses. While my car is ordered, I want to see what owners say their issues and most importantly have they been fixed. I see very few. These cars have been out in the EU for several years still some with headaches.
On this Forum are many discussions this is from one post.

1. Squealing PS pump. Apparently some are off the charts.
2. Leaky doors/loose/incorrect door seals
3. Water intrusion from the skylights.
4. Stickie door latches
5. HVAC cycles thru its functions correctly.
6. excessive wind noise
7. Mystery rattling/noise caused apparently by loose wiring/cables in A pillar or underneath.
8. centered wheel.
9. Steering column. With the grenadier shut down turn the steering back and forth a few degrees. It should be silent, with no play. If there’s any knocking sound then it’s a new column for you.
10. Alignment and tire pressure.
11. The upper windshield trim, in the center, pops out a bit on some.
12. Confirm the pin in the t-case shifter isn't falling out already
13. Foot well water TSB https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/footwell-water-ingress-cabin-filter.12415588/#post-1333286773
-and that is my 2 cents.

MickyWadds

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have read every article I could find. Google is set to find them for me. I've watched well over 150 videos on youtube, I always search you-tube first thing every morning for anything new in the last 24 hours. I definitely not pleased with complaints, like water in the cabin and on my celing. Why are these cars still making it out of the factory in this condition? For 100K USD I'n not looking for excuses. While my car is ordered, I want to see what owners say their issues and most importantly have they been fixed. I see very few. These cars have been out in the EU for several years still some with headaches.

4. Stickie door latches
6. excessive wind noise
7. Mystery rattling/noise caused apparently by loose wiring/cables in A pillar or underneath.
8. centered wheel.
9. Steering column. With the grenadier shut down turn the steering back and forth a few degrees. It should be silent, with no play. If there’s any knocking sound then it’s a new column for you.
13. Foot well water TSB https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/footwell-water-ingress-cabin-filter.12415588/#post-1333286773
-and that is my 2 cents.
I you haven't taken delivery yet, I would suggest you pass your written concerns to the dealer prior to delivery.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score

4. Stickie door latches
6. excessive wind noise
8. centered wheel.
-and that is my 2 cents.
You forgot #14. Electrical gremlins and bugs. (Which IMO is the worst). Electrical gremlins rarely go away, and cost thousands to troubleshoot and fix throwing modules at the problem or chasing wiring.

Ineos jumped the gun announcing the software update, got everyone excited, and then realized they are still not ready for release. I was told end of June, than first week of August, and now ??? Who knows honestly.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos jumped the gun announcing the software update, got everyone excited, and then realized they are still not ready for release. I was told end of June, than first week of August, and now ??? Who knows honestly.
Ineos never announced the software update. A select few dealers did, the majority did not

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I feel like Ineos is not listening to anyone. This forum has so many issues like water penetration. You would think this was immediately resolved by upgrading the glue, the supplying company is cutting the product to make a larger profit. Every issue talked about has a cause and effect. When my Grenadier arrives I intend to go over it fully. I'll give them a change to make it right and if not I'm going to walk away. I have boxes in my garage with upgraded items for my 4X4. ~$6K, I am wondering if the only way to get Ineos to get things fixed will be a class action law suite? It will bring very damming attention to Ineos ability to build a problem free 4X4? I don't have the patience like so many of you with Grenadier issues. I am worrying because things like lane change alarms and speed alarms are not fixed. These are all broken promises. Ineos must take ownership.
You are joking right???
Before a manufacturer makes a change or "repair" to a problem they need to
  • Identify the cause of the problem, there may be more than one.
  • find a solution/alternative
  • Test that solution/alternative extensively in all weather/climates
  • If satisfied ensure it meets the required laws and standards for all countries the vehicle is sold in
  • negotiate supply agreement with a supplier
  • Order the product and get delivery, this could take months to fit into suppliers manufacturing cycle
  • Make changes on the production line, train the staff
  • Decide if they are going to upgrade vehicles already in the field,
  • Come up with a campaign or recall and create required documentation and tracking
  • Train the dealers staff on what needs to be done and how to do it.
I used to be National Product Manager for a major global manufacturer of instrumentation and we discovered that we couldn't use a new wireless device in Australia, despite it being used all over the world, because it interfered with a frequency that had long been used for remote control garage doors in Australia.

We had another problem with a lithium battery powered device because we airfreighted the majority of our products into and around Australia.
At the time you were not allowed to put lithium batteries in the cargo hold of an aircraft.

Products manufactured in our US factory often used glues in the packaging that included formaldehyde as an ingredient.
This was legal in US but banned in most other major countries.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
See, this is the problem with extrapolating from anecdotal evidence. You hang out on a forum where some of the loudest voices are the ones with defective vehicles, and pretty soon it looks like every vehicle that leaves the factory is riddled with defects. If you’re gonna do it, do it right.
There’s what….about 50 threads on here about various problems of various severity? The vast majority of these seem to be for fixable things like door seals or trim pieces not fitting well. Let’s say that each thread attracts on average 5 members with the same problem and we have about 250 reports of defects. Some of these actually overlap so in reality it’s probably fewer. With ~7k members (I know that not every member actually has a grenadier, though some have more than one) that’s a roughly 3.6% defect rate. Again, due to overlap probably a little less. Not exactly stellar, but better than other manufacturers. What does this tell us? Absolutely nothing! It’s all extrapolated from unreliable data. Here’s another piece of anecdotal evidence: My vehicle (October ‘23 build) has the dreaded parking brake handle trim issue. Other than that…nothing. Picked the thing up on a Saturday, drove it home 400 miles and took it on a 1500 mile roadtrip the next day. Other than changing the tire pressure and putting gas in it, I haven’t had to do anything.
What is the handbrake issue? My only cosmetic. issue on the vehicle is a break in the plastic on the handbrake. Makes me sad every time I get in it. But then I am happy again as soon as I grab the steering wheel. I am up to 17.5k miles now. 6500 in the last 3 weeks. Fantastic vehicle. Is it perfect, nope. I have a small plastic ring on the end of the handbrake that has a chip in it. Maybe I can get a lawyer and sue. I am an American after all.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
have a small plastic ring on the end of the handbrake that has a chip in it. Maybe I can get a lawyer and sue. I am an American after all.
Easy fix! You just need some tactical aircraft spec duct tape.
To silence the grumblers.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Which particular "firmware upgrade" are you referring to?
A few US dealers said there would be an ADAS "fix" and put a timeline to it. It was wrong

Sillius Soddus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
What is the handbrake issue? My only cosmetic. issue on the vehicle is a break in the plastic on the handbrake. Makes me sad every time I get in it. But then I am happy again as soon as I grab the steering wheel. I am up to 17.5k miles now. 6500 in the last 3 weeks. Fantastic vehicle. Is it perfect, nope. I have a small plastic ring on the end of the handbrake that has a chip in it. Maybe I can get a lawyer and sue. I am an American after all.
That’s my issue as well. The little plastic ferrule on the handbrake lever cracked and a few small pieces came off.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
That’s my issue as well. The little plastic ferrule on the handbrake lever cracked and a few small pieces came off.
Sounds like class action to me. You in? Or have you found a little aluminum or stainless ring to cover?

outono

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:32 AM
Reaction score

4. Stickie door latches
6. excessive wind noise
8. centered wheel.
-and that is my 2 cents.
I can only imagine the anguish you put yourself through with everything you buy. Sheesh!

1. The noisy pumps are on most of these trucks and they're really no different than what you find on modern Jeeps. It's not a problem with the pump, it's just how the part operates. Ideal? No, but its not an actual problem.
2. No issue on my truck
3. No issue on my truck
4. No issue on my truck
5. No issue on my truck (though I do get the fan noise at full blast)
6. No issue on my truck (lol, its a big boxy 4x4, what do you expect?)
7. No issue on my truck
8. No issue on my truck
9. No issue on my truck
10. No issue on my truck
11. No issue on my truck
12. No issue on my truck
13. No issue on my truck

So coming from an actual owner with thousands of miles on my ODO, I can say with confidence that the problems you've listed above do not affect all vehicles. My dad's vehicle has none of these issues either. And frankly, every manufacturer has TSBs and small run issues on new models; nobody is perfect.

The only issues i've experienced are that my infotainment screen does not come up in the mornings and some of the interior plastic along the transmission tunnel is warped from heat. Both very simple things to fix (software update and an interior trim swap). Otherwise, the truck is perfect and absolutely impressive for a brand new manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom