The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Eibach Pro-Lift Kit ~ +30mm coil springs

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
H
I’ve done 5800kms with the lift (towing 4200km, off road logging tracks 6hrs, remainder mixed highways) and a further 200kms on the new method race wheels and the Yokohama GO16s inflated to 40psi

Really happy with stability and handling compared to the stock springs, great cornering and less roll, which was an unexpected bonus, but perhaps explained by the stiffness of the new Eibach Coils with that 1mm thicker cross section, and with the airbags in the rears very acceptable behaviour much better than before for the towing my 3500kg caravan.
Hi Doogie. Which brand if airbags have you put in the rear springs. I’m looking to do something like this for my Grenadier as sitting a bit low at the rear when loaded for overlanding.

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
H

Hi Doogie. Which brand if airbags have you put in the rear springs. I’m looking to do something like this for my Grenadier as sitting a bit low at the rear when loaded for overlanding.
You’ll laugh, they were the ones that fitted best from the stock in Stu’s workshop. I’ll get the details on them. They are a good fit but he had Airbag Man and two other manufacturers products. And we still straightening the steering at 6pm Friday night so ran out of time to get that minor detail.

I will be trying to see him this week. But feel free to ring Murchison Products (QLD) and ask Stuart directly.

Last edited:

JMP

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

Eibach seems to be working on other kits:

Eibach Facebook (<- click on this link) :
"Sample our pro lift kit.
This Kit Raised the Grenadier by 2.5 " front and 1.3 " to rear.
Since will testing this kit the final numbers may change later on but it shouldn't deviate too far from that
."

The difference between the front and the rear is reminiscent of what we did on the Defender 110 to put them back horizontal :)

It remains to be seen if it retains its flexion and compression capabilities...
When is the offset of the Panhard bar, the length of the brake hoses.
It remains to be seen now the choice of shock absorbers with a stroke in line with this extension.

(Sorry for the translation via Google translate)

Attachments

• Eibach 2.5 & 1.2.jpg
    Eibach 2.5 & 1.2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

Eibach Facebook :
Since will testing this kit the final numbers may change later on but it shouldn't deviate too far from that
."

The difference between the front and the rear is reminiscent of what we did on the Defender 110 to put them back horizontal :)

It remains to be seen now the choice of shock absorbers with a stroke in line with this extension.

Wow - that sits high! I'm sure some of my fellow countrymen will love that since it looks like 35s and maybe 38s will fit without issue.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

Eibach Facebook (<- click on this link) :
."

I saw in the FB comments from Eibach the two different heights were to level the truck as you thought

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I saw in the FB comments from Eibach the two different heights were to level the truck as you thought
Isn't this counter-productive in a working vehicle, where the rear height accounts for load capacity? To me, it sounds like this new 2.5-F/1.3-R kit is for the Toyota saggy-rear-end crowd, or worse - mall shopping.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Isn't this counter-productive in a working vehicle, where the rear height accounts for load capacity? To me, it sounds like this new 2.5-F/1.3-R kit is for the Toyota saggy-rear-end crowd, or worse - mall shopping.
Shhhhhhh no one carries a load around town :)

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
Great thread! Following for research! The 30mm+ coil springs will be on the "To-Do" list along with the steering stabilizer relocation once that is sorted. Thanks everyone for pioneering this effort!

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:38 PM
Reaction score
I never have understood the idea of "leveling a vehicle" . Every manufacturer does a rake for valid reasons. And for us, the most important is when you load all your junk for an overlanding trip you do not want a saggy butt, and to be bottoming out. I have fought that issue on many vehicles. That being said, it will interesting to see what this stage 2 kit will give us.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I stuck my fat ass on the back ladder, the rear end sagged a quarter inch. Level trucks look sooooooo much better, does that equate to more ability, who knows. But it definitely looks better and makes a lot of people happier.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I stuck my fat ass on the back ladder, the rear end sagged a quarter inch. Level trucks look sooooooo much better, does that equate to more ability, who knows. But it definitely looks better and makes a lot of people happier.
I don't disagree. It's easy to see both sides, and if performance isn't an issue, I think a leveled truck for the bulk of the time looks better.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree.

Level = looks-only = kardashian-values

I know, that last one is an oxymoron.

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree.

I hate to say it but for 95% of people buying a grenadier it is really based on looks. Very few need the capability vs what a 4Runner is capable of. I know for me a 4Runner would do everything I will do with the Grenadier. I would level that also. I generally don’t carry a lot in my truck. When I put the Fridge in it didn’t move, when I climbed on the back I lost a quarter inch. Bikes don’t make a difference at all. I don’t tow anymore, got a van instead. I don’t foresee putting a palate of brinks in the back. For me I would rather have the front end up an inch or two. Is it vanity, maybe. Is it functional, yeah, raising the front end gives another inch or two under the bumper.

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
This thread is getting funny, if your going to increase the load you going to need stiffer spring and maybe airbag in the rear. I was just reporting what they said. Not what I wanted ; )

AZGrenadier

Global Grenadier #0031
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If I was towing and heavy loads it would be a completely different story. To the tune of unsafe if you have 6-700 pounds unweighting the front end.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Factory spring selection is a balance design, where both front and rear spring specifications are considered as a whole. Without detailed analysis of your suspension needs, you’re really throwing darts in the dark when selecting springs for leveling or strictly a target lift.

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
Respectfully disagree.

I hate to say it but for 95% of people buying a grenadier it is really based on looks. Very few need the capability vs what a 4Runner is capable of. I know for me a 4Runner would do everything I will do with the Grenadier. I would level that also. I generally don’t carry a lot in my truck. When I put the Fridge in it didn’t move, when I climbed on the back I lost a quarter inch. Bikes don’t make a difference at all. I don’t tow anymore, got a van instead. I don’t foresee putting a palate of brinks in the back. For me I would rather have the front end up an inch or two. Is it vanity, maybe. Is it functional, yeah, raising the front end gives another inch or two under the bumper.
Time to start watching those In-N-Out double doubles!

angstorms

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Wait tell every one put bull bars, upgraded steel bumpers and third party winches on the front of the truck.

Back
Top Bottom