The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Eibach 2.5 Lift Kit w/ 34x10.5x17” BFG KO2 Installed!

Bodhi’s Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:58 PM
Reaction score
Aired down? its bound to feel vague and wobbly with aired down 35's! You should air them up, min 35psi preferably 40+. The bigger the tyre the more vague the whole thing will feel. You have the added body roll from the lift plus the added body roll from the bigger tyres plus the added body roll from airing them down. You can't do anything about the first two but you can air them up at least, also max out the caster correction if you haven't already.
Very true, the taller the tire, the greater the sidewall deflection and roll, which will exacerbate the added body roll inherent with a lift. I am currently running 38 front and 42 rear. I also have the HD springs in the rear that reduced the roll substantially and the piggyback shocks helped mitigate it a bit. You can effect body roll through multiple avenues. You can change the joints to spherical instead of bushings. You can change shocks, ideally to remote reservoirs with adjustable compression and rebound. You can change the weight of the springs or their type, whether single rate or progressive, coilovers with true dual rate and helper springs would be ideal. You could get bigger wheels to reduce sidewall while maintaining size but you’ll sacrifice comfort and offroad capability for on road handling. The only free thing you can really effect is tire pressure to stiffen the tire, but you’ll sacrifice comfort and potentially cause uneven wear or flightiness.

I would highly advise against maxing out the caster beyond 1.5 as this will push the CV driveshaft beyond its already tight tolerance.

Kxcer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:58 PM
Reaction score
I finally installed the new, one-size-fits-all, Eibach 2.5 spring kit and 34x10.5x17 BFG KO2’s. The change in ride height is substantial. The front end level is very noticeable (with winch). While I only have 40 -50 miles under my belt, I believe the ride is slightly improved. Strangely, the cabin noise level also seems lower. But I don’t have an explanation as to why.
I decided against 35’s as I watched YouTuber Ronny Dahl show his 35’s rubbing against the wheel well at full articulation. Honestly, it was a small compromise. I feel that I’m good-to-go for the trails I like to run. The most immediate difference is the ride height and entering / exiting the vehicle. I’m 6’2 and I’m about at my limit for throwing a leg up to climb in. I may have to install a bolt-on step for around town driving.
View attachment 7859355
This looks very good!

OzyGrenie

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:58 AM
Reaction score
I finally installed the new, one-size-fits-all, Eibach 2.5 spring kit and 34x10.5x17 BFG KO2’s. The change in ride height is substantial. The front end level is very noticeable (with winch). While I only have 40 -50 miles under my belt, I believe the ride is slightly improved. Strangely, the cabin noise level also seems lower. But I don’t have an explanation as to why.
I decided against 35’s as I watched YouTuber Ronny Dahl show his 35’s rubbing against the wheel well at full articulation. Honestly, it was a small compromise. I feel that I’m good-to-go for the trails I like to run. The most immediate difference is the ride height and entering / exiting the vehicle. I’m 6’2 and I’m about at my limit for throwing a leg up to climb in. I may have to install a bolt-on step for around town driving.
View attachment 7859355
Fuel economy difference? Shorter range?

Dokatd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have about 4000mi on Eibach 2.5’s with 34-35” tires. I have to say the ride was terrible. Ok, the ride was great at sub 55mph but anything above was frightening at first. I got used to it but it always irritated to death and honestly is very unsafe on the wrong roads.

I set caster and am running the Fox ATS stabilizer. Ran the stock stabilizer and ran without one at all for a time. The stock stabilizer makes for a busy drive as it tends to not self center well being overly stiff. The FOX ATS makes all the difference.

Now, even then the truck is still a pain in the a$$ to drive at higher speeds for any amount of time. If you ever have to emergency brake then your really in for a ride.

All that said, I just installed the King shock set and wow, the truck drives like a champ now. When I removed the stock shocks I noted that they have the least amount of dampening I have ever encountered on a truck in the class. Pokeing fun at Ineos, I wonder if they screwed up the specs between the steering stabilizer and the main shocks 😂.

I still only have a few miles on the Kings, but set about midway on adjustment the truck is more planted, more nimble and vastly safer in my experience.

Of course I went Kings, but Konis or some other adjustable shock will do about the same. Bottom line, ditch the stock steering stabilizer and grab some shocks with a bit more dampening and you won’t regret it. I would suggest this for a bone stock truck as well FYI.

Last edited:

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:58 PM
Reaction score
I have about 4000mi on Eibach 2.5’s with 34-35” tires. I have to say the ride was terrible. Ok, the ride was great at sub 55mph but anything above was frightening at first. I got used to it but it always irritated to death and honestly is very unsafe on the wrong roads.

I set caster and am running the Fox ATS stabilizer. Ran the stock stabilizer and ran without one at all for a time. The stock stabilizer makes for a busy drive as it tends to not self center well being overly stiff. The FOX ATS makes all the difference.

Now, even then the truck is still a pain in the a$$ to drive at higher speeds for any amount of time. If you ever have to emergency brake then your really in for a ride.

All that said, I just installed the King shock set and wow, the truck drives like a champ now. When I removed the stock shocks I noted that they have the least amount of dampening I have ever encountered on a truck in the class. Pokeing fun at Ineos, I wonder if they screwed up the specs between the steering stabilizer and the main shocks 😂.

I still only have a few miles on the Kings, but set about midway on adjustment the truck is more planted, more nimble and vastly safer in my experience.

Of course I went Kings, but Konis or some other adjustable shock will do about the same. Bottom line, ditch the stock steering stabilizer and grab some shocks more a bit more dampening and you won’t regret it. I would suggest this for a bone stock truck as well FYI.
Are the kings factory length, or did they make them longer?

Dokatd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are the kings factory length, or did they make them longer?
I didn’t line them up side by side, but they are extremely similar in length if not identical. It’s unusual for me to not look for more travel, but I am trying to control my urges to overly modify this truck.

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Of course I went Kings, but Konis or some other adjustable shock will do about the same. Bottom line, ditch the stock steering stabilizer and grab some shocks with a bit more dampening and you won’t regret it. I would suggest this for a bone stock truck as well FYI.
Thanks @Dokatd, are your Kings prototypes or are they now available to the masses? I preordered from Owl on August 14th.

Thanks.

Dokatd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks @Dokatd, are your Kings prototypes or are they now available to the masses? I preordered from Owl on August 14th.

Thanks.
I got mine from Owl Outdoors. They are kinda readily available. 6-8wks if you have to wait for a new batch. They are available from a few places so you might shop around till you find someone that has a left over set. Otherwise I do think an adjustable Koni is a good alternative and much cheaper.

AaronS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got mine from Owl Outdoors. They are kinda readily available. 6-8wks if you have to wait for a new batch. They are available from a few places so you might shop around till you find someone that has a left over set. Otherwise I do think an adjustable Koni is a good alternative and much cheaper.
Do you know if the Koni is stock length or a bit longer?

Dokatd

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you know if the Koni is stock length or a bit longer?
I do not. I’m sure you can find a Koni Part number that would gain you a bit. But you want as much up travel as you can get not down travel. So unless you’re modding your suspension a ton a bit more length probably won’t do you any good.

Back
Top Bottom