The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

e-call failure

mikeonline

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:11 PM
Reaction score
my dealer told me, it was a not connected plug..
so if software is current, check for this.
but radio is still very poor in RX signal...

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:11 PM
Reaction score
Ours has similar issues. ecall failure and regular dropout of radio in both DAB and FM. Agent cleared fault code for ecall yesterday and said the radio is common to all vehicles and needs a fix which isn’t available.
Disappointing but the truck still drives well and just returned 30.1 miles per imperial gallon over about 650 miles of mostly motorway/autobahn work. Not bad in my opinion.
Still turns heads on the road and when parked up.

mikeonline

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
e-call error occured first time in a depression. so it was out of signal then... but just for a minute, so it should not be the main reason, because, its just a short outage.
the radio RX is very bad, if driving some meters, i have several drop outs, using fm or using android auto (using aawireless).
iam too lazy to test it again with direct connection or something else, as FM does not work also.
there must be more than an RX problem.
this radio/headunit is china crap.. should be replaced completely with a new better and faster infotainment system.
its very very bad in so many things.
also the TPMS is pesting me, as its to strict with higher pressure while driving the tires warm..
and HAVC..

Magical Mystery Tours

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
End and (hopefully) solved:

We called the garage today and asked for an update. After all, our Grenadier has been there for testing for three weeks now.
The garage manager told us that they had given up and burnt the car. - Laughter (old joker).

No, everything was fine now, they had found the problem seven days ago, fixed it and tested it again and again until today - it remains stable.

It was/is a mass problem. They found that the paint was leaking in almost all places where the ground connections were attached to the body. This means that the ground had a poor connection to the chassis through the paint. They have now removed the paint from all the ground points and there have been no problems since.

We really hope the problem has been solved once and for all. We're off to the Arctic Circle in three weeks' time and we're hoping for a puncture-free journey.

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:11 AM
Reaction score
It is clear that the electrics are the Achilles heel of the Grenadier. It seems they spent their entire budget on mechanical engineering and design and slacked in the electronics (poor coding, slow reaction to buttons, poor rear camera quality, etc.) I personally lost all trust in the dealers ability to repair the software problems, faults, and malfunctions and contacted a lawyer. I need a reliable vehicle to take me on adventures, not something that drains the battery overnight from a head unit that stays on after the vehicles is off, lights on switches that remain on (door lights button) and more. Ineos better get their head out of their you know where and start fixing these issues or this brand is going to tank.

mikeonline

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
mass connection and a not connected plug seam to be a common issue. anyway i still experience big radio rx problems. maybe the radio is defect, but i doubt such a simple think like radio rx will be defunct today.
maybe its more an assembling/production issue. the factory does a very bad job actually. and if so, they have to inspect steps by photos etc, which could be checked by the computer if done properly or by an inspector.
currently they build very inconstant quality.

Back
Top Bottom