The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Door Panel Quality Defect

Local time
1:06 PM
Reaction score
I have the same thing… Driver door only.
Crazy enough most of it settled down once cooled down. I had the door glass tinted which seems to help.
Warranty replacement would be great but… closest dealer is 6 hours away.
Door panel is $1180 🤷🏻‍♂️
I’m in New Orleans and it’s hot! lol
IMG_6949.jpeg

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
I noticed this last month on my vehicle, the vinyl had separated from the padding underneath the area where my elbow rests on the window ledge.

I thought about taking it to the service centre but eventually opted to prick the bubble with a small needle and push everything down firmly. It's an invisible mend and the blister has never reappeared. I suspect it's the same remedy that the service centre would apply, so you could just save yourself the trip and fix it yourself (y)

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
I noticed this last month on my vehicle, the vinyl had separated from the padding underneath the area where my elbow rests on the window ledge.

I thought about taking it to the service centre but eventually opted to prick the bubble with a small needle and push everything down firmly. It's an invisible mend and the blister has never reappeared. I suspect it's the same remedy that the service centre would apply, so you could just save yourself the trip and fix it yourself (y)
I think its more beneficial for the dealer to note that they have a quality control issue. Obviously, some folks live pretty far from the dealership so this is not convenient or possible for such a small issue. Hope your remedy permanently resolves the issue.

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:06 PM
Reaction score
I think its more beneficial for the dealer to note that they have a quality control issue. Obviously, some folks live pretty far from the dealership so this is not convenient or possible for such a small issue. Hope your remedy permanently resolves the issue.
Hi @Jackattack13 I feel your pain. My truck is due back in for sticky door buttons, de-laminating door seals and a flaky infotainment system, but these are all well noted by Ineos. I'll be sure to mention the blistering vinyl at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom