The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Diagnostic device

Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have a 2022 Grenadier here Diesel airbag light is on, I have tried Autel, Launch and Snapon, none will communicate with anything but the engine control module, which diagnostic tool can I use that will see and scan all modules on the Grenadier?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
It uses Bosch Grade-X with an Ineos twist, however, requires a specific log in/password
The endless delays I suspect are because the architecture Ineos have adopted is far more complicated than a simple hand held diagnostic device. I'm presuming "they've" opted for a cloud setup enabling Ineos "command central" to essentially log every vehicle which comes off the production line for its entire service life. Obviously they won't want us plebs interfering with that.
One gets an inkling from the Bosch description of its Grade-X system...
I first came across this with a friend's Citroën several yrs ago. Another good mate ( retired engineer) tells me that John Deere farm machines are managed similarly.... which US many farmers are rebelling against under the "right to repair" movement.

Last edited:
Vote:
Upvote 0

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:38 PM
Reaction score
The endless delays I suspect are because the architecture Ineos have adopted is far more complicated than a simple hand held diagnostic device. I'm presuming "they've" opted for a cloud setup enabling Ineos "command central" to essentially log every vehicle which comes off the production line for its entire service life. Obviously they won't want us plebs interfering with that.
One gets an inkling from the Bosch description of its Grade-X system...
I first came across this with a friend's Citroën several yrs ago. Another good mate ( retired engineer) tells me that John Deere farm machines are managed similarly.... which US many farmers are rebelling against under the "right to repair" movement.
Virtually every factory diagnostic tool is like this currently

Vote:
Upvote 0

davo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
Today I had occasion to play with a Bosch Diagnostic kit called ESI[tronic] at work, which is Bosch's after-market diagnostic system.
The kit included an DCU100 rugged tablet / a KTS525 interface module and various cables to plug into the vehicle and the ESI software on the tablet. From what I can work out this gear is a few years old.

We use it for heavy vehicles - unfortunately there was no license to diagnose passenger vehicles.

I thought I would ask some questions on the Bosch website and got some answers pretty quickly. They confirmed that:
- The Ineos Grade-X platform is available to dealers only - not the general public.
- Bosch's ESI[tronic] software (Bosch aftermarket diagnotic software) does cover Ineos Grenadier.

If you scroll down the linked page to "more information" it lists the features of the individual software packages including these items - diagnosis of modules / manuals / connected repair / circuit diagrams/maintenance schedules and information.

Couldn't find solid pricing but it seems like a new diagnostic interface + software licences will run to at least a few thousand $AUD. So not really an affordable enthusiast/home solution. But I guess that means that you probably can take your Grenadier to most Bosch service shops who I guess would already have the software and hardware required.

Does anyone with one of the issues which currently only the dealer can fix (airbag light from not following the battery disconnect process / service indicator reset) want to test the theory and try to get a Bosch service place to fix it?

Vote:
Upvote 0

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I have a 2022 Grenadier here Diesel airbag light is on, I have tried Autel, Launch and Snapon, none will communicate with anything but the engine control module, which diagnostic tool can I use that will see and scan all modules on the Grenadier?
Australian-delivered vehicle here.

The airbag fault along with several others appeared on ours when the battery was depleted during container shipping to the US.

The OBDLink MX+ OBD reader and software was able to diagnose and clear all faults EXCEPT the airbag fault.

A trip to a dealer was required (thank you Sierra Ineos) for a quick reset.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is quite frustrating, especially for people far away from everything (this isn't my case of course) that Ineos doesn't keep its promises that we should have been able to service our cars ourselves, and have access to documentation, dealers nearby, etc.

I really thought that they (Ineos Automotive) would from the beginning provide us with an extraordinary "new" customer oriented approach, something never done by any other car manufacturer.

The contrary has been true, as far as I know:
  • no Bosch Service Centers
  • no access to the technical documentation
  • no possibility to reset fault codes ourselves
And ... they are watching this forum, and never show up, or the very few that showed up, did disappear as fast as they appeared.

Even at my "not 4x4 dedicated dealer", several people watch sometimes this forum. This was confirmed last Monday to me, by a new employee whom I saw only one time some months ago. "Ooh yes, you are the guy who posts sometimes on the forum" :cool:

So, Ineos lurkers: please, change your customer approach!
I have been stopped in the street many times by people asking about the vehicle. Often they ask about support, particularly out in central Australia. I don't lie to them. It is a serious concern for me. Even if i don't breakdown and just need an oil change i cant get rid of the annoying "service due" waring that blocks some parts of the screen. There are less dealers in Australia now than when launched so service is getting worse, not better. if people cant get support they will not buy. Compare the Gren support to 70 Series support and they are chalk and cheese.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom