The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Curry Ineos Grenadier of Danbury (previously Thread for the Tri State Dealer as yet unannounced)

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
Poor guy is trading in a 2023 Rivian R1S Launch Edition, and is probably taking a 10-15k wash on it.

Boys remember, you walk into the dealer, and you ONLY buy the car. Say no to everything else, and bring your own financing. Enough with this auto-cartel nonsense. They make OPEC look like nuns. If you have a trade-in, sell it direct to Carvana / Vroom etc…
Definitely agree to that. This Gren will be my first vehicle from a franchise dealer in over a decade as past trips to dealers have been so unpleasant….just trying to get a straight answer. I have only owned Teslas and Rivians since, that do not use franchise dealers, just direct to consumer sales hence to upselling for overpriced floor mats, PPF or extended warranty Nonsense. Connecticut does not allow the direct to consumer vehicle sales. You cannot buy a new Tesla, Rivian or Lucid in Connecticut.

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I got a Carvana offer for a 2014 Prius, for 12k. I paid 21k for that car 10 years ago (bought it new, for my wife). That’s 9k in depreciation, aka $75 of depreciation a MONTH !

SOLD SOLD SOLD…
Yup, hit that bid, that is a great deal, nicely done

Local time
Reaction score
Definitely agree to that. This Gren will be my first vehicle from a franchise dealer in over a decade as past trips to dealers have been so unpleasant….just trying to get a straight answer. I have only owned Teslas and Rivians since, that do not use franchise dealers, just direct to consumer sales hence to upselling for overpriced floor mats, PPF or extended warranty Nonsense. Connecticut does not allow the direct to consumer vehicle sales. You cannot buy a new Tesla, Rivian or Lucid in Connecticut.
Your Ineos dealer won’t f**k with you, because you are an Ineos Corporate customer etc… you WILL have a great experience. It’s all the poor schmucks after us (non-reservation holders), who are gonna have to navigate that minefield that I am worried about.

You can accurately state the reason why Alfa Romeo failed, is the bad dealers. Go walk into any Alfa dealer, you will need a hazmat suit to avoid all the toxic-sales tactics.

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Your Ineos dealer won’t f**k with you, because you are an Ineos Corporate customer etc… you WILL have a great experience. It’s all the poor schmucks after us (non-reservation holders), who are gonna have to navigate that minefield that I am worried about.

You can accurately state the reason why Alfa Romeo failed, is the bad dealers. Go walk into any Alfa dealer, you will need a hazmat suit to avoid all the toxic-sales tactics.
That actually, worked, Curry just got back to me after I forwarded that invoice, they will bump up the trade in offer enough for me to deal, as the sales tax savings will be worth it

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That actually, worked, Curry just got back to me after I forwarded that invoice, they will bump up the trade in offer enough for me to deal, as the sales tax savings will be worth it
Very nice! Well played.

Local time
Reaction score
I am happy I could help. I am an ex-Toyota Corporate GMA level employee, sometimes you gotta shove your hand down the dealers throat to let them know they are fucking with the wrong guy. It works, 100% of the time. Just remember, they need to make a profit also as they have bills to pay as well.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Also interesting: no destination charge on that invoice. Just a $1k doc fee. I forwarded that invoice to Curry to see if that will improve their trade in offer for my Riv…..worth a shot.
That is very interesting regarding no "destination" fee as I was quoted $1600 for that.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That is very interesting regarding no "destination" fee as I was quoted $1600 for that.
Is it wrapped up into the Grenadier price on this invoice (which is a pretty simplified trade in value form and not full-blown invoice).

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
Interesting listening to this thread, what is it about the dealers in the US and hiking prices above retail?
Is it consumer driven (supply v demand) or state/federal laws that make this happen?
Seeing as IA set the price is there a contractual agreement with them to sell at the contract price? Or is it open slather?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting listening to this thread, what is it about the dealers in the US and hiking prices above retail?
Is it consumer driven (supply v demand) or state/federal laws that make this happen?
Seeing as IA set the price is there a contractual agreement with them to sell at the contract price? Or is it open slather?
Interesting listening to this thread, what is it about the dealers in the US and hiking prices above retail? - GREED

Is it consumer driven (supply v demand) or state/federal laws that make this happen? - A bit of both. State laws protect dealerships and generally do not allow direct-to-customer sales.

Seeing as IA set the price is there a contractual agreement with them to sell at the contract price? Or is it open slather? Mfgs cannot dictate what a dealership sells a vehicle for - they only provide a suggest price (MSRP). It's the Wild Wild West and greed rules all.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No additional Grena were delivered yesterday. None yet today.

Local time
Reaction score
In America, we run what is called a franchised-dealer model. Essentially, you are buying your Ineos from an American businessman, who is in the business of retailing new cars.

Imagine handing over control of the retail experience, to a middle man, whose only interest is maximizing profit. The issue with this model is that the auto manufacturer spent billions on developing and marketing the vehicle to American consumers, only to have their “independent franchised dealers (middleman)” f**k it all up at the end by trying to slaughter the customer for every penny they have.

In a nutshell, that is the problem with how cars are sold in USA. Of course, these independent middlemen (dealership owners) have banded together to create lobby groups whose sole existence is to protect the “middleman”. With Tesla selling direct to consumer, the protectionist walls of the dealer groups is beginning to crumble!

To compare the US system to the rest of the world, in 90% of the world, you are buying the car, from the factory directly, and the dealer is not allowed to f**k around on price etc… essentially the manufacturer retains control of how their product is retailed. In USA that power has been relinquished to the “middleman business owner who owns the dealership”.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is it wrapped up into the Grenadier price on this invoice (which is a pretty simplified trade in value form and not full-blown invoice).
That's right - thanks for the reminder. As they are my "Dealership" a bit befuddled that I have received no update given my "G"irl arrived Brunswick 19 Nov. They are not winning friends at this point.

SandyChamois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
OK, a bit of an “update, not an update“: from Curry: They have currently 6 trucks delivered to them so far, (one of them with a 97XX res number, well above mine (9336) and many of us) all non tow hitch trucks…they expect more today and tomorrow and future days, but the trucking transport companies don’t let them know when they will arrive, nor what vins they are transporting…just showing up up and “here we are!” Are dropping them off at the dealership. They had no idea still on the tow hitch trucks, when they might get delivered, which is a bunch of us on this forum….

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Michael did not get anymore deliveries yesterday. This is going slow.

Back
Top Bottom