The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ctek Smartpass and D250SE Connector Plates

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
Have ordered one from RS - would like the dimensions as above, but will be able to work it out when my plate arrives.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One more question - when installing the plates and the new CTEK, you may need to remove the battery connectors - anyone know if this screws up any software or alarms etc??

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
One more question - when installing the plates and the new CTEK, you may need to remove the battery connectors - anyone know if this screws up any software or alarms etc??
I’ve just emailed the Ineos tech at Harwoods asking that question as my battery will be disconnected for shipping

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here’s the reply from Ineos tech ref my question about disconnecting battery for shipping so same would apply for any battery disconnect need. - 👍🏼

No special procedure for this, just disconnect the earth cable and then reconnect when required. It may put the eml light on but should clear itself after a few drive cycles. Also the front and rear diff lock buttons, abs and esc lights may well also come on but will reset after a very short drive.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They come with the retail package 120S but Ineos will have purchased an OEM item that had only exactly what they needed and nothing more.
I could pretty well guarantee when they arrive at Ineos they aren't in a retail box that someone has to open and unpack.
Retail box was under the front passenger seat straight off the transporter at my agent's:
IMG_20230724_160830547_HDR~2.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:54 AM
Reaction score
Retail box was under the front passenger seat straight off the transporter at my agent's:
View attachment 7821877
That's strange.
Even if they were receiving the unit at the factory in the retail box why would they leave the empty box under the seat???
That's just poor quality control.
Imagine if they did that with every part?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That's strange.
Even if they were receiving the unit at the factory in the retail box why would they leave the empty box under the seat???
That's just poor quality control.
Imagine if they did that with every part?
Maybe because it was supposed to have the connectors in? :)

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IF some one has the connectors can they measure them please?? :)

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dont use stainless bar it is not a good conductor.
Use varnished or heat shrink covered copper.
This is what I have been looking for. also I saw something very similar to the CTEK busbar on the Swe Check website, but I cannot find it now. The search goes on.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:54 PM
Reaction score
Is there any particular advantage to using the plates versus connector cables if both units are also affixed to a mounting plate? I assume using the plates would create a more rigid overall connection since you would have a firm connection top and bottom. Is that it?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is there any particular advantage to using the plates versus connector cables if both units are also affixed to a mounting plate? I assume using the plates would create a more rigid overall connection since you would have a firm connection top and bottom. Is that it?
If you do as you are supposed to and screw down the ctek boxes they shouldn’t move around, other than neatness and OE specs for current and resistance etc there is no real advantage a suitably sized cable and ring connectors should be no real disadvantage.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No, cables just give alternate mounting options... work the same. (but I was lucky enough for ctek to send me a couple they had lying around..) 😀

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
I've just ordered these in 9 " length:

https://www.windynation.com/collections/8-gauge-battery-cables

Untitleddesign-2023-06-29T123341.123_480c65bf-6e20-46a7-b891-07ad72302bd4.jpg

Guess I should have gotten 2 red. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom