The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ctek Smartpass and D250SE Connector Plates

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
I understood that the system allows you to pull energy from both batteries till the main battery reaches a threshold it keeps to make sure all vital functions have enough power, whilst I assume you can fully discharge the second one?
I read the manual as suggesting the opposite. The starter battery can be fully drained but the service/auxiliary /2nd battery cuts out supply at 11.5v and reconnects at 12.0v. The exception being anything wired directly to the battery rather than via the Smartpass output.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
So I might get stuck, not being able to start the car whilst still being able to enjoy cool drinks waiting for help? Interesting priorities.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:50 PM
Reaction score
So I might get stuck, not being able to start the car whilst still being able to enjoy cool drinks waiting for help? Interesting priorities.
I understood that the second battery will connect with the first one if needed for starting the car. But I don’t know how this could work, so it might be wrong.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No ~ well not in theory.

The auxiliary battery will always pulse charge the main battery until it meets it's shutoff voltage (Battery Guard). At the shutoff voltage your cool drinks supply ends. The main battery will then continue to discharge.

If when you go to start the engine the main battery is struggling then the auxiliary battery kicks in. In the CTEK language Smart Assistance (for the main battery) is provided by Battery Guard (protecting the auxiliary battery).

All subject to you not wiring off the auxiliary battery directly but rather via the output on the Smartpass.

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So I contacted CTEK about the missing connector bars; I also mentioned it to Ineos at the same time.

Who do you think responded first? The company I'd just dropped over £60k with; or the company who I'd bought nothing from directly?

I'll just leave this here:
View attachment 7813300
View attachment 7813301

Maybe Ineos can raise a ticket number with itself and find out where they are all ending up if there's none in the boxes when they get to owners?

It's not my first interaction with CTEK Customer Services, on each occasion the response has been excellent. Thank you CTEK.

Sadly I wasn't so lucky with CTEK customer service:

1690649037377.jpeg

So does anyone have any ideas - guess I will have to make up or get a AWG2 set of cables. Shame really as I have ordered the plate from Black Sheep.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Speak to Pete Bell, he was getting the connectors made up for his kit.

CTEK's goodwill had to end somewhere... I wonder just how many sets of connectors were mailed out & if they've ever contacted Ineos to find out what they are doing with the ones shipped in the boxes?

Last edited:

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Speak to Pete Bell, he was getting the connectors made up for his kit.

CTEK's goodwill had to end somewhere... I wonder just how many sets of connectors were mailed out & if they've ever contacted Ineos to find out what they are doing with the ones shipped in the boxes?
Have ordered some short cables, agree - it's not CTEK's problem.

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:50 AM
Reaction score
Question for those who have received their vehicles with the Ctek Smartpass installed. To connect the Smartpass to the D250SE, 'connector plates' are used and these normally come in the box with the Smartpass device. Do these 'connector plates' come supplied with the vehicle on delivery?
View attachment 7810919
I reached out to CTEK to see if they could sell or ship me these bars. Their response was no as cable with rings aftermarket are available and they do not sell these bars as a part.

Reactions: PBD

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I reached out to CTEK to see if they could sell or ship me these bars. Their response was no as cable with rings aftermarket are available and they do not sell these bars as a part.
Then we need to pressure INEOS Australia to provide them. They come with the 120S we paid for.

EDIT: I spoke with dealer, he says you get the Retail Box with the CTEK 120S when you buy the car. He looked inside the box and there were no busbars even though contents of box says they are part of the kit (the car only had 120S fitted, he checked). He is following up with INEOS. It is a problem for owners if those busbars do not come with the car and you want to install a CTEK 250SE.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Then we need to pressure INEOS Australia to provide them. They come with the 120S we paid for.
They come with the retail package 120S but Ineos will have purchased an OEM item that had only exactly what they needed and nothing more.
I could pretty well guarantee when they arrive at Ineos they aren't in a retail box that someone has to open and unpack.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They come with the retail package 120S but Ineos will have purchased an OEM item that had only exactly what they needed and nothing more.
I could pretty well guarantee when they arrive at Ineos they aren't in a retail box that someone has to open and unpack.
I happy to buy them, but if it is not sold separately there is a problem. You could make a cable but I planning on buying a bracket to mount both CTEK units, so using the busbars is important. At least I have time to resolve the problem.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought so too, but several owners have found the retail boxes (without bars, but with the bars listed as contents) in their cars.

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Below is the email text from CTEK:
Thank´s for your mail!

Unfortunately, we do not offer the bars (connector plates) as a spare part due to they can be easy replaced by cables with ring cable lugs from universal suppliers.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Below is the email text from CTEK:
Thank´s for your mail!

Unfortunately, we do not offer the bars (connector plates) as a spare part due to they can be easy replaced by cables with ring cable lugs from universal suppliers.
Perhaps they point out these locations, because I am struggling to find them. I might have to make them up, much easier if they came with the 120S. All this hassle over something worth peanuts.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Dont use stainless bar it is not a good conductor.
Use varnished or heat shrink covered copper.
Thanks 👍🏼
I think that link I sent is proper copper busbar I just wrongly thought is was stainless covering. Tin plated I reckon

Back
Top Bottom