The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Cooler or Portable Fridge

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
I'm definitely biased, as I've had a fridge (or fridge/freezer) in the past 4 vehicles/6 years; but fridge all the way. You never have to worry about ice and it is always ready to go (assuming you have sufficient power)

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Ditto. I'm about the make the plunge into my first fridge. Looking forward to it for daytrips and camping but also just around town. Because if the fridge can fit a standard cake box ... I'll be the hero of the family. :ROFLMAO:

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
I hope not a stupid question, but I am about to install the Buzz rear cargo set up with the sliding fridge option. Do I need a back up/auxiliary battery? I have the “upgraded stereo” in the Grenadier this is going in & not the dual battery. So is a factory single battery sufficient to run a fridge on camping/fishing trips (maybe up to 5-7 days)? TIA……🙏
IMG_0767.png

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
I've heard good things about the ARB 47 QT PORTABLE SINGLE-ZONE FRIDGE FREEZER - going to take a look at that one
Have had same Bushman 35-52 L fridge /freezer for past 15 yrs. I often use it when there's a large 'hunt n gather' exercise required at the supermarket and the summer days are regularly 35-40 deg C. Frozen goods then present no problem if there are other errands to run before I can get home and not worry about the stuff thawing in the meantime . I recently bought a cheap 22L "Brass Monkey" fridge as a dedicated freezer (-18degC) . I run both from the rear 12v socket. For long trips I use a DIY battery box connected to a 100 AH LiFeP04

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:38 AM
Reaction score
We have a National Luna (+/- 90 L) in our Defender and a Mobicool of +/- 28L in the Grenadier. As they are both compressor coolers, they hardly take energy. They can turn for days without a problem with the battery.
They both stand standard on 4° C But you can set them minus 0° C if you want to. But probably then they will consume more power. Never tried that, We never put ice in it.

Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Had a fridge in the vehicle since the 90s go with the fridge if battery will stand it.

Back
Top Bottom