The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:49 AM
Reaction score
Called INOES yesterday, no update at all. I already knew the vehicle was in production as of mid January. My retort was how long does it need to take to produce a vehicle? My supplier has a VIN number, however I have said, I need something concrete by 1 April, otherwise I cancel.

INEOS need to talk to Honda on how this process works.

View: https://youtu.be/ri8piM5cacs

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:49 AM
Reaction score
very good with your emails, but don't you think that you have other things to do at the moment than reading in a forum?
(lying on your yacht, in a chalet on a skiing holiday, swimming in a tropical resort) ?
Not rich enough ...

[EDITED] and by the way: don't like lying on a yacht (never did), and don't like swimming (sometimes do, but not in a topical resort), and liked skying, but haven't done it since I was 13 years old!

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Ineos techs were touring the agents last week..
Yes, obviously undertaking work that, for one reason or another, could not be delegated to the agent's techs; and that's not meant to put agent's techs down.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK, let's tell tell you what I did on February 25, two days after the last Ineos Automotive communication by e-mail to "us". I was pissed off, excuse me the wording, although I am one of the lucky ones to be able to touch my car, well, in fact it is still the car of Jim Ratcliffe!

I did send an e-mail to Lynn Calder, CEO, and to the big boss of communication, Matt Dunnakey, guessing that the e-mail addresses are [AT]ineos.com.
Indeed, because Matt answered me at once ;) :
"I am currently on vacation. If your query is urgent please contact a member of the INEOS Automotive Marketing team otherwise I will respond to you on my return."

I will not post my complete e-mail, but just a small part. I am not always a very diplomatic person, I know, :eek::
"The poor “communication” strategy of Ineos is among the worst I have ever seen.
Let’s just use the last e-mail from last Thursday [23 Feb 2023] as an example, and what I understood:
  1. “We produce cars”: yes we all know it, we see the cars arriving at the dealers
  2. “We had a Scottish event”: yes we all know this, we all are active on social media
  3. “We will continue to communicate”: euh, your communication is “vague” and the same emptiness as politicians’ communication.
Communicating what was already public domain, is no communication at all! This mail of some days ago was not better than “no communication”, in fact worse, because it does give us the feeling that you think we “paying customers” are idiots!"

My last sentence of this e-mail was:
"PS: I don’t expect a personal answer. I only expect “real” communication to the Grenadier community!"

Did I get an answer? No!
But I did send two short quotes from this forum to the same persons on February 28 and March 6.
I didn't get an automatic answer anymore from Matt.

Did they get depressed? Perhaps that's why they don't communicate anymore :unsure:
Now we know why they let us sit and wait. 😂

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I did send an e-mail to Lynn Calder, CEO, and to the big boss of communication, Matt Dunnakey, guessing that the e-mail addresses are [AT]ineos.com.
Indeed, because Matt answered me at once ;) :
"I am currently on vacation. If your query is urgent please contact a member of the INEOS Automotive Marketing team otherwise I will respond to you on my return."
OK everyone needs a holiday, but right at the point a 6 year project is about to deliver it's first product. 🙀

There's a chap on FB who has also posted:
Screenshot_20230311_205333.jpg

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 AM
Reaction score
I think the strategy of Ineos is very clear. They want to get cars in dealerships and sell to those who will be paying the higher price rather than those who put their money where their mouth was a few years ago. They may deliver ours eventually or they may wait until we run out of patience and ask for a refund because our current drive needs to be replaced immediately.

The only people that Lyn Calder promised to were those who are actively following the IG journey. The real worry for me is:

Are the broken communication promises just a symptom of a broken company and while the car may be good, what happens if I need a part in the middle of Australia? Will I get parts? Will I get warranty? If they say the part will arrive in 10 days, will that be 10 months?

With any vehicle purchase there is an element of trust. Trust that they will fulfil their contractual obligations, legal obligations and most of all their own self-imposed obligations. If they cant keep a self imposed promise about communication, can they keep any other promise? Would you trust anyone who keeps breaking promises?

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think the strategy of Ineos is very clear. They want to get cars in dealerships and sell to those who will be paying the higher price rather than those who put their money where their mouth was a few years ago. They may deliver ours eventually or they may wait until we run out of patience and ask for a refund because our current drive needs to be replaced immediately.

The only people that Lyn Calder promised to were those who are actively following the IG journey. The real worry for me is:

Are the broken communication promises just a symptom of a broken company and while the car may be good, what happens if I need a part in the middle of Australia? Will I get parts? Will I get warranty? If they say the part will arrive in 10 days, will that be 10 months?

With any vehicle purchase there is an element of trust. Trust that they will fulfil their contractual obligations, legal obligations and most of all their own self-imposed obligations. If they cant keep a self imposed promise about communication, can they keep any other promise? Would you trust anyone who keeps breaking promises?
Don’t agree on the part that they wait for us to cancel our orders. That doesn’t make any sense to me. It wouldn’t work out in real life anyway.
The lack of communication is a no go but there’s no question about since some months.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Would you trust anyone who keeps breaking promises?
They promised to build me a car that I rather like.
They let me order it online.
They gave me a contract to sign, which I did.
So far from my point of view there is "nothing to see here."
Ask me again in 6 months.

Andrew Kilby

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are exactly right there is nothing to see here, or hear, here for that matter.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not rich enough ...

[EDITED] and by the way: don't like lying on a yacht (never did), and don't like swimming (sometimes do, but not in a topical resort), and liked skying, but haven't done it since I was 13 years old!
I didn't mean you, but the people you asked for information 😂😜

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree 99.987324%
I was told last year that my build month was March and I could expect delivery July/August this year after I placed my order on 21st July last year
I was told on 9th January that my vehicle had been built early and should arrive March/April.
This was then retracted the following day as to the delivery and I was told delivery would be confirmed when they have a firm answer.
I just did a quick tally of communication and counted
7 messages from Justin Hocevar (one answered at 10:57pm and another at 6:05am 3 minutes after I sent mine)
9 emails from Hannah Crowther CC'd to Claire Birchenough
21 emails from SLRV (my dealer) plus a number of phone calls. When I walked into SLRV recently with my wife Ric waved and called out hi Dave.
26 emails from Ineos
1 x one+ hour internet conference meeting with Ineos UK ( @Michael H. included)
Great personal interaction with Justin, Neil & Tom at drive days and at Perth hotel

While I feel for people having a negative experience I am 101% happy with my experience so far

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I agree 99.987324%
I was told last year that my build month was March and I could expect delivery July/August this year after I placed my order on 21st July last year
I was told on 9th January that my vehicle had been built early and should arrive March/April.
This was then retracted the following day as to the delivery and I was told delivery would be confirmed when they have a firm answer.
7 messages from Justin Hocevar (one answered at 10:57pm and another at 6:05am 3 minutes after I sent mine)
21 emails from SLRV (my dealer) plus a number of phone calls. When I walked into SLRV recently with my wife Ric waved and called out hi Dave.
26 emails from Ineos
Great personal interaction with Justin, Neil & Tom at drive days and at Perth hotel

While I feel for people having a negative experience I am 101% happy with my experience so far
Any update on delivery in all that correspondence or and honest response as to why they are delayed? I drove past LC300 yesterday and sadly might have to get one while I wait - trip planned and I won't be able to wait for a further delay.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree 99.987324%
26 emails from Ineos

Thats interesting It seems like the Australian experience is way better than over here. Justin Hocavar comes across well in the videos I have seen. Perhaps they should promote him to be in charge of the whole sales process?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Any update on delivery in all that correspondence or and honest response as to why they are delayed? I drove past LC300 yesterday and sadly might have to get one while I wait - trip planned and I won't be able to wait for a further delay.
I have my update on delivery in my post
They will get back to me when they have a firm answer.
I have not asked them again because I wasn't expecting it until July/August anyway.
I haven't asked them why they are delayed as mine isn't delayed.
It is none of my business as to why someone else's vehicle is delayed.

Good luck getting an LC300 while you wait.
Please call in and ask Toyota why they are delayed and why they won't guarantee the price or specification you order.
Or you could do what some people on here are doing and shoot off abusive emails to the CEO and other senior members threatening to cancel your order if they don't respond immediately
1678575841475.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thats interesting It seems like the Australian experience is way better than over here. Justin Hocavar comes across well in the videos I have seen. Perhaps they should promote him to be in charge of the whole sales process?
He is a nice genuine guy as are the rest of the team.
Tom is the marketing manager and we have had a few good laughs and hung over the open bonnet discussing bits and pieces.
Neil is one of the driving instructors and into 4wds. He is very open and down to earth and apparently I owe him a beer.
It is amazing how people react when you are friendly and respectful instead of an abusive smartarse like those yobbo's complaining on their drive day.

Edit
Actually Neil reminds me a lot of the Austrian driving instructor only not as ......germanic.......probably because he is a UK ex pat who has been ozzified

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have my update on delivery in my post
They will get back to me when they have a firm answer.
I have not asked them again because I wasn't expecting it until July/August anyway.
I haven't asked them why they are delayed as mine isn't delayed.
It is none of my business as to why someone else's vehicle is delayed.

Good luck getting an LC300 while you wait.
Please call in and ask Toyota why they are delayed and why they won't guarantee the price or specification you order.
Or you could do what some people on here are doing and shoot off abusive emails to the CEO and other senior members threatening to cancel your order if they don't respond immediately
View attachment 7805878
Never! Buy them 2nd hand with 4000-12000kms on the clock! Mate collected his GX with 11000kms for $93k last week of a Fifo worker who've central Qld who 'needed it sold'. Interest rates already biting these extended folk and they won't want to give up the vehicle right away, but add a few more months of double the cost mortgage repayments and wallah. Quite a few new Rangers and Hilux for sale in QLD the last 2 months I've noticed a lit of new ads on Carsales. Lots of stress coming for the indebted folk and rightly so they should start to sell up their toys! I sold my boat for 50% profit during the 'pandemic'... now we just wait for prices for 2nd hand to correct which had already started. 👍

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
He is a nice genuine guy as are the rest of the team.
Tom is the marketing manager and we have had a few good laughs and hung over the open bonnet discussing bits and pieces.
Neil is one of the driving instructors and into 4wds. He is very open and down to earth and apparently I owe him a beer.
It is amazing how people react when you are friendly and respectful instead of an abusive smartarse like those yobbo's complaining on their drive day.

Edit
Actually Neil reminds me a lot of the Austrian driving instructor only not as ......germanic.......probably because he is a UK ex pat who has been ozzified
Are there actually people complaining on the drive days??? Lol. Foolish. The guys here in Aus don't know what the big IA head quarters is up to and asking them won't get us anywhere of tens of obtaining an honest cause for 'what's the delay'. IA are smart and will protect their brand. Like Toyota, it took a class action for then to acknowledge they had a horrific issue with their DPF clogged up crap boxes. Don't expect any company to disclose issues that are happening behind closed doors. Abusing staff locally is just plain dumb behavior.

Back
Top Bottom