The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Communication is ZERO! Does anyone know what is going on? (INEOS Automotive)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:37 PM
Reaction score
I'd read the R8 had been cancelled because they were focusing on an electric vehicle. But later read that they were still going to go ahead few another 2 years. It is still on the website configurator. Obviously I couldn't proceed when I realised they had put the engine were I carry the sheep food sacks.
My order was over ten years ago when Audi had planned on a V12, 500 HP diesel with ridiculous amounts of torque. As I was in my 'mid life crisis' period I ordered one. Fate being what it is I am glad it was cancelled.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just got back from a few days away.
Did a video update come out?
That was posted on 2nd February... are you sure it's only been a couple of days away? 😉

Since then you should have as a minimum:

3rd Feb ~ Lyn Calder email & video

7th Feb ~ no Thatcham class I alarm email

23rd Feb ~ Your latest Grenadier update email - some detail and a firm "share another update in two weeks’ time" which is preferable to the previous soon, shortly, or in due course.

PC01

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That was posted on 2nd February... are you sure it's only been a couple of days away? 😉

Since then you should have as a minimum:

3rd Feb ~ Lyn Calder email & video

7th Feb ~ no Thatcham class I alarm email

23rd Feb ~ Your latest Grenadier update email - some detail and a firm "share another update in two weeks’ time" which is preferable to the previous soon, shortly, or in due course.
Too much après and not enough sleep!
Just too anxious to have an update and missed the post date.
23rd Feb plus 2 weeks = tomorrow so will await with baited breath.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
23rd Feb plus 2 weeks = tomorrow so will await with baited breath.
Ever wondered about this expression?
It is a shortened form of abated breath , first seen in Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice

"What should I say to you? Should I not say
'Hath a dog money? is it possible
A cur can lend three thousand ducats?' Or
Shall I bend low and in a bondman's key,
With bated breath and whispering humbleness, Say this;
'Fair sir, you spit on me on Wednesday last;
You spurn'd me such a day; another time
You call'd me dog; and for these courtesies
I'll lend you thus much moneys'?"

What do you use as bait? :LOL:

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:37 AM
Reaction score
On the age old "No names, no pack drill" basis, are you able to hint at the make of vehicle and whether it was diesel of petrol?
J..p G...d C......e V6 Ecodiesel. Been driving a loaner and boy do I miss that car. Overall a great car but I just want a real off roader with some ground clearance.

Big C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
the "Batch and Hold" vehicles that are already in the UK and ready for delivery are having last minute software updates.. they are now testing to ensure new update does not have any knock on effects. I am told there should be some "good news" on Wednesday...

Keep the faith

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
the "Batch and Hold" vehicles that are already in the UK and ready for delivery are having last minute software updates.. they are now testing to ensure new update does not have any knock on effects. I am told there should be some "good news" on Wednesday...

Keep the faith
I was told that the 16th could be the significant news. I’ve adopted St Monica for my gren as she’s the patron saint of waiting.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:37 PM
Reaction score

Keep the faith
Wednesday which week?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Keep the faith
So I'm reading about possibly 3 separate software issues:

1. Some need an idle emissions update;
2. Some need a general update;
3. Those put into transport mode may not come out without creating issues - brake lights staying on, no indicators, wipers not turning off.

And whilst the first two sound like things that the agent's techs could handle, the third is a little more complex and requires Ineos techs touring the agents sorting it out.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Next week I think the communication update will arrive, with one of 3 messages:

1. Issues are resolved and its full steam ahead based on initial delivery estimates we are X weeks behind schedule.
2. Issues are resolved but we are still on a go slow so there will be significant delays to delivery schedule.
3. We've not been able to sort the issues, the IT boffins have gone rogue and we are all screwed...anyone want to buy an off road museum piece?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
This year , St Thomas 😁
That's not a good omen:

"According to legend, Thomas was also the only apostle who was not present at Mary's ascension. He doubted the event as he had doubted the resurrection of Jesus."

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Next week I think the communication update will arrive, with one of 3 messages:

1. Issues are resolved and its full steam ahead based on initial delivery estimates we are X weeks behind schedule.
2. Issues are resolved but we are still on a go slow so there will be significant delays to delivery schedule.
3. We've not been able to sort the issues, the IT boffins have gone rogue and we are all screwed...anyone want to buy an off road museum piece?
I opt for number two.

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What I don't understand: SJR or Ineos should know that they have a product for a special clientele that shares the "thought". so you should be able to say sorry guys,
The part with the number xxx does not meet our requirements, so the delivery is delayed by xxx weeks.

Big C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So I'm reading about possibly 3 separate software issues:

1. Some need an idle emissions update;
2. Some need a general update;
3. Those put into transport mode may not come out without creating issues - brake lights staying on, no indicators, wipers not turning off.

And whilst the first two sound like things that the agent's techs could handle, the third is a little more complex and requires Ineos techs touring the agents sorting it out.
The Ineos techs were touring the agents last week..

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK, let's tell tell you what I did on February 25, two days after the last Ineos Automotive communication by e-mail to "us". I was pissed off, excuse me the wording, although I am one of the lucky ones to be able to touch my car, well, in fact it is still the car of Jim Ratcliffe!

I did send an e-mail to Lynn Calder, CEO, and to the big boss of communication, Matt Dunnakey, guessing that the e-mail addresses are [AT]ineos.com.
Indeed, because Matt answered me at once ;) :
"I am currently on vacation. If your query is urgent please contact a member of the INEOS Automotive Marketing team otherwise I will respond to you on my return."

I will not post my complete e-mail, but just a small part. I am not always a very diplomatic person, I know, :eek::
"The poor “communication” strategy of Ineos is among the worst I have ever seen.
Let’s just use the last e-mail from last Thursday [23 Feb 2023] as an example, and what I understood:
  1. “We produce cars”: yes we all know it, we see the cars arriving at the dealers
  2. “We had a Scottish event”: yes we all know this, we all are active on social media
  3. “We will continue to communicate”: euh, your communication is “vague” and the same emptiness as politicians’ communication.
Communicating what was already public domain, is no communication at all! This mail of some days ago was not better than “no communication”, in fact worse, because it does give us the feeling that you think we “paying customers” are idiots!"

My last sentence of this e-mail was:
"PS: I don’t expect a personal answer. I only expect “real” communication to the Grenadier community!"

Did I get an answer? No!
But I did send two short quotes from this forum to the same persons on February 28 and March 6.
I didn't get an automatic answer anymore from Matt.

Did they get depressed? Perhaps that's why they don't communicate anymore :unsure:

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK, let's tell tell you what I did on February 25, two days after the last Ineos Automotive communication by e-mail to "us". I was pissed off, excuse me the wording, although I am one of the lucky ones to be able to touch my car, well, in fact it is still the car of Jim Ratcliffe!

I did send an e-mail to Lynn Calder, CEO, and to the big boss of communication, Matt Dunnakey, guessing that the e-mail addresses are [AT]ineos.com.
Indeed, because Matt answered me at once ;) :
"I am currently on vacation. If your query is urgent please contact a member of the INEOS Automotive Marketing team otherwise I will respond to you on my return."

I will not post my complete e-mail, but just a small part. I am not always a very diplomatic person, I know, :eek::
"The poor “communication” strategy of Ineos is among the worst I have ever seen.
Let’s just use the last e-mail from last Thursday [23 Feb 2023] as an example, and what I understood:
  1. “We produce cars”: yes we all know it, we see the cars arriving at the dealers
  2. “We had a Scottish event”: yes we all know this, we all are active on social media
  3. “We will continue to communicate”: euh, your communication is “vague” and the same emptiness as politicians’ communication.
Communicating what was already public domain, is no communication at all! This mail of some days ago was not better than “no communication”, in fact worse, because it does give us the feeling that you think we “paying customers” are idiots!"

My last sentence of this e-mail was:
"PS: I don’t expect a personal answer. I only expect “real” communication to the Grenadier community!"

Did I get an answer? No!
But I did send two short quotes from this forum to the same persons on February 28 and March 6.
I didn't get an automatic answer anymore from Matt.

Did they get depressed? Perhaps that's why they don't communicate anymore :unsure:
Well done @Jean Mercier for taking the initiative, impressed 👍

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
By the way: I told them about "our" forum, I gave them the link, hoping they would take a look!
very good with your emails, but don't you think that you have other things to do at the moment than reading in a forum?
(lying on your yacht, in a chalet on a skiing holiday, swimming in a tropical resort) ?

Back
Top Bottom