The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

BullBar Switzerland

madrowe

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:23 AM
Reaction score
why the hell is there no BullBar for Swiss Ineos owners? to all manufacturers, please develop a BullBar for the Swiss market including valid papers! We can't even order the original Bullbar... wtf..

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
I'm assuming the Swiss use the EU-spec plastic bumper, correct?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:23 PM
Reaction score
I thought it was Euro regs stopping metal bumpers and bullbars, not INEOS.

Good luck with Brussels, moreover the market for non-EEC countries is probably too small to justify R&D costs.

The INEOS bullbar was designed in Australia (probably ARB) and made in China.

madrowe

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm assuming the Swiss use the EU-spec plastic bumper, correct?
Yes, and it sucks… it‘s not usefull for a working car! I don‘t get it, why we can‘t install a bull bar!

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
why the hell is there no BullBar for Swiss Ineos owners? to all manufacturers, please develop a BullBar for the Swiss market including valid papers! We can't even order the original Bullbar... wtf..
Maybe it's because you only have cows on the mountain pastures and no bulls. 😂

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
You can’t be too careful. If you hit a pedestrian at 30mph in a 4x4 that weighs nearly 3 ton, not having a bull bar on the front could save their life !! 😳

madrowe

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought it was Euro regs stopping metal bumpers and bullbars, not INEOS.

Good luck with Brussels, moreover the market for non-EEC countries is probably too small to justify R&D costs.

The INEOS bullbar was designed in Australia (probably ARB) and made in China.
I don't think Ineos has to be responsible! But I also don't understand why the Swiss dealers and parts manufacturers don't want to look for a solution... the car is brilliant, but its use as a work vehicle is very limited if you can't/are not allowed to install tools like bullbars!

madrowe

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can’t be too careful. If you hit a pedestrian at 30mph in a 4x4 that weighs nearly 3 ton, not having a bull bar on the front could save their life !! 😳
Yeah… „could“!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe it's because you only have cows on the mountain pastures and no bulls. 😂
To be fair, the size of their bells are enormous :p or is that just for Alpabzug

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
I just don't follow this reasoning. I'm all for saving the humans where possible. But whether a pedestrian bounces off round metal tubing up front or bounces off a square bumper, square metal fenders, and a square metal hood edge ... is there a material difference to the pedestrian at all?

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:23 AM
Reaction score
I just don't follow this reasoning. I'm all for saving the humans where possible. But whether a pedestrian bounces off round metal tubing up front or bounces off a square bumper, square metal fenders, and a square metal hood edge ... is there a material difference to the pedestrian at all?
Apparently the rigid tubes of a bull bar are much more likely to cause severe injuries should a pedestrian be hit.

Think of someone hitting you with a baseball bat versus an oar.

However, to your point, absolutely no proof or statistics were provided in 2007 when the legislation was introduced.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Think of someone hitting you with a baseball bat versus an oar.

I appreciate an analogy. Think of someone hitting you with a truck that has either a baseball bat or an oar attached to its leading edge. Different? Not really. :ROFLMAO:

However, to your point, absolutely no proof or statistics were provided in 2007 when the legislation was introduced.
(y) :rolleyes:

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Same is true with the adas speed warning. It was introduced based on an assumption and not fact or testing. EU doesn't base their safety standards on demonstrated performance. Now it's completely political.

Having said that, pedestrian safety is a much higher regulatory priority in Europe than in the US, and they have objectively a much lower pedestrian accident/injury/fatality rate than US does, even when normalized by miles driven.

It may become a topic for NHTSA if Harris wins the presidency, unlikely to be a trump focus. This is a bit of inside baseball, I have some connections with NHTSA who sometimes share where the wind is blowing from their political bosses.

Back
Top Bottom