The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build month and delays.....

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
Ineos yesterday:
„the contract of sale will be about 30 days ahead of the build date, so
that would be mid-September, so
it's supposed to come in a few weeks, and
by then you will also have an updated configuration“

Not 60 days as communicated before. I wonder what will be the next info.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
Ordered 18may22, build month originally 03/23, now Jan 23
that mirrors my 2 month change. i.e ordered 18 May with original build date Feb 23 now predicted as Dec 22 👍

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
They have to hurry up. Energy prices are exploding in Germany, up to 700%. This happens currently more or less everywhere in Europe.

And I suspect that over the winter period some might jump off the train.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They have to hurry up. Energy prices are exploding in Germany, up to 700%. This happens currently more or less everywhere in Europe.

And I suspect that over the winter period some might jump off the train.
Yes as I wrote I think that already some left the project for good reasons. If you need your money for electricity and heating you think twice whether or not buying a not exact cheap car which does burn 50 - 100 % more petrol or diesel than a similar sized van.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Defender burns 10.45 liters on average over the last 17 years. It can only get better, I asume about 9 liters the way I drive.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Defender burns 10.45 liters on average over the last 17 years. It can only get better, I asume about 9 liters the way I drive.
Of course the Grenadier need less fuel than the old dinosaurs. It is a new dinosaur…

nickelnoff

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just logged on for the first time in a couple of weeks and noticed that build date has changed from Nov to Oct 2022. That is next month… won‘t be holding my breath but you never know…
For anyone that‘s wondering order is placed in CH

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@david read your post and was curious as I’m in Switzerland as well. Confirm: same here. My build date has changed from Nov to Oct 22. Let’s see.

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:56 PM
Reaction score
My Order details haven't changed (yet). Still says October 2022 for the estimated build date. But then the changes I made with my local agent haven't shown up either (yet).
Just checked. My original build was oct now nov 22. Fyi ordered 19th May. Fieldmaster donny grey no other paint or wraps. No.email yet to sign contract.

Francois

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Good morning. I am from South Africa. Have ordered on 18 May 22. My build month was moved from Sept to Nov 22 yesterday. I have contacted IG whom has confirmed that it was done due to unforeseen circumstances.

"Michael
Agent Michael said
We have a general delay unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances.
8:22 AM"

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I just want to know whether the "unforeseen circumstances" are caused due to:
  1. quality issusses in production
  2. delays in procurement
  3. problems in ECE-homologation
but we will never know...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a previous MD who always lectured that the clever/expensive people he employed were supposed to known the difference between "unforeseeable" and "unforeseen".

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My build date has changed again: from September to October and now November. :(
But the configuration is still the old one from May, not updated though I had contacted them 3 times.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
My build date has changed again: from September to October and now November. :(
But the configuration is still the old one from May, not updated though I had contacted them 3 times.
Only worry about it when you get the purchase contract. I know you are concerned that your changes will impact your build date but I don't believe any changes you make on line re actually acted on.

WhiteBear

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No, it are not changes I made, you are right.
I just had a telephone conversation with my dealer in Berlin and he confirmed me they are still not a certified dealer for Ineos. This seems to be valid for all german dealers due to legal complications, he said. So it is no surprise Ineos is moving the build date from month to month.
Would be interesting what other customers from Germany heard about that from their dealers.

Edit: The dealer in Berlin seems to be the only one nationwide without a contract.

Last edited:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
I suspect there are a number of "unforseeable";) events: not the least is Putin's complete shutdown of the Nordstream gas pipeline and the quadrupling (I read somewhere) of energy costs...that must affect the cost/schedule environment at Hambach and all the suppliers thereto. Also, shipping slots from Hambach to Africa, Asia-Pacific, Oceania (Australia and New Zealand). I'm speculating that production will be aligned to getting orders in cost effective batches to various overseas markets rather than in dribs and drabs. Hence the shuffling of production dates (well that's how I'd plan it! But I retired yrs ago, so what would I know?!)😇🤣🤣🤣

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My build slot has moved up a month from Feb 23 to Jan 23. May still get it in time for my 50th Birthday in Feb 🤞

Local time
Reaction score
Build month moved from Sep'22 to Oct'22. Now they confirmed a planned Delivery Date: 02nd Nov'22. Let's see

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's interesting, 4 week build including delivery time. Where are you taking delivery?

Back
Top Bottom