The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Blind spot sensor?

Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
I was at the dealership and they had a Rydeen blind spot system installed. It looked like a license plate bracket that had sensors point out to rear of truck and inside the truck they install little led in the A arm pillar (??? i think that is what it is called, where the windshield and the dash meet). Wondering if it works (and does it work well) and what are everyone's thoughts? Thanks again

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
Never heard of it, but a quick google shows that the kit sells for $617; I'm sure either of the FL dealers would charge 3x that if not more.

Personally a swivel of the head works just fine instead of BSM

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
I usually drive alone and without cargo piled high inside, and so have few blockages of my view from inside the vehicle. That includes the sight line directly to the rear (and somewhat to the aft sides) from the inside mirror. I then angle the door mounted side mirrors outward to fill in the lateral gaps. As long as I keep my head and eyes ‘on a swivel’ I have not had a significant ‘blind spot’ problem around the Grenadier. YMMV.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, I concur. The worst blindspot in the Grenadier IMO is probably due to the A-pillars. They are thick and vertical and closer to the driver's position than farther raked out pillars typical of slanted windshields. So they block more. But then those blindspots are really only an issue when turning into crosswalks with pedestrians, which happens at slower speeds, so it's not too bad.

Anyways, help me out ... I'm old-fashioned and I've never had a blindspot monitor ... If you're still shoulderchecking and moving your upper body just a bit, then when would you expect a blindspot monitor to actually pay off?

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
Yeah, I concur. The worst blindspot in the Grenadier IMO is probably due to the A-pillars. They are thick and vertical and closer to the driver's position than farther raked out pillars typical of slanted windshields. So they block more. But then those blindspots are really only an issue when turning into crosswalks with pedestrians, which happens at slower speeds, so it's not too bad.

Anyways, help me out ... I'm old-fashioned and I've never had a blindspot monitor ... If you're still shoulderchecking and moving your upper body just a bit, then when would you expect a blindspot monitor to actually pay off?
People don't bother to drive properly now so car manufacturers install clever equipment to make us all safer, we then rely on it, governments then mandate, then we get more reliant (lazy), they then invent more safety stuff. Cars become more complex and expensive to buy and fix and so it goes on. Then there are the ones who turn off all the expensive equipment the second they start the car. Have you ever driven something with lane assist, not right, steering wheel tugs you back over the line or vibrates.
When you drive past a new car you may see an orange light in their side mirror, that's the inbuilt blind spot detection. Admittedly it is a help for some of the more restricted ability drivers with health issues but where do you stop. Do we really want autonomous driving vehicles 'for our own safety'. Life would be dull.

Back
Top Bottom