The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bicycle Carrier on spare wheel

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday I bought this rack and it's not compatible with the Grenadier 😞
Fabbri, in Italy, makes one called the Gringo Bicci. You can get conversion kits so it can carry 4 pairs of skis, 2 snowboards (or 1 snowboard and 2 pairs of skis), or 2 bikes. For the stock Grenadier wheels, you will need the 300mm extension cables, as well. It’s quite light and mounts in about 1 minute, once you do the initial setup, which is very easy. I don’t use it for my mountain bike (I use a Thule hitch mounted rack with an extender bar) - just skis, but looks like an interesting option. One thing to note - I believe the Fabbri touches the frame - my bikes are carbon frame, so I prefer no-touch options. The site says it’s carbon frame compatible, so I think the part that touches has protection for the frame. If you want a spare-mounted rack, however, this might be your best bet.

I’ve also attached a picture of mine, which is just configured for skis.

Attachments

• IMG_4955.jpeg
    IMG_4955.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4956.jpeg
    IMG_4956.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Gtzdckhs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:56 AM
Reaction score
Yesterday I bought this rack and it's not compatible with the Grenadier 😞
I also tried to install the Yakima and did not manage to do so. Yesterday I installed a French model, which seems to work fine: https://www.mottez.com/de/produits/porte-velo-4x4-sur-roue-de-secours/

Can upload pictures later.

Things to consider:
- not as lean as the Yakima (no folding of the upper part)
- assembly takes a while
- creates issues with the parking sensor (there might be a fix for that)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom