The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary Lights in the Grill - High Power LED light upgrade without any cutting (now available on the Forum Store)

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
Hello together
I am also very interested for better lights in the grill. In Germany we need to have a e number means registration for Europe.
Vision X has it and you can take different cups on the lights for fog, snow and so on. But the price! Around 1300€ bracket included isfor me to expensive. Without the bracket for Ineos the price in Europe is around 800€. This is acceptable. But the bracket?
Jork,

Are you sure your numbers are correct? You can get the VisionX CR-7 for $650 USD/599 Euro. I was interested in the Denali D7, which it turns out is the same light. VisionX owns Denali. In the U.S. the Denali D7 is on sale for $599 a pair. Lifetime warranty and designed to go on motorcycles so the IG should be no problem.

Jörk

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
Jork,

Are you sure your numbers are correct? You can get the VisionX CR-7 for $650 USD/599 Euro. I was interested in the Denali D7, which it turns out is the same light. VisionX owns Denali. In the U.S. the Denali D7 is on sale for $599 a pair. Lifetime warranty and designed to go on motorcycles so the IG should be no problem.
Hello GN4HIR
The lights need in Germany the correct e sign to use legal. Only the legal light was in Germany for this price available but without the bracket. In Germany the legal lights with bracket are available for around 1300€. That’s to much for me.

Nocrays

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
I actually bought these lights at the same time that I bought the Exzeit lights during my initial tests. They looked to be roughly the same externally and I liked the style with the exposed screws around the bezel.

Unfortunately the depth and squared off shape in the rear meant that it just didn't sit back into the stock grill buckets very well. I think it could be made to work, but it will stick out in front of the stock round bezels by approx. 20 mm.

For what it's worth, the lights appear to use identical internals (LED boards).
Thanks for the heads up....

BenTN

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 PM
Reaction score
Update on progress:

All initial production bracket batches (Exzeit, KC FE4, and Dixi) have been received and inspected. The parts look excellent and fit together perfectly so far. Pics below.

I have sent out test install kits to all testers (6 people total) for the Exzeit and KC FE4 options. One tester (@grnamin) already received and installed everything and reported a perfect result. We will continue sharing info among the testers over the weekend then I will make final updates to instructions etc.

At this point I expect the full kits to be ready to ship out to buyers by 3rd week of June. Look for the kits to show up on the forum store for ordering around then.

The Dixi kit is still in process, due to the Dixi light product being tuned specifically for this Grenadier application. I think the end result is going to be fantastic.

Attachments

• Exzeit front-side view.jpg
    Exzeit front-side view.jpg
    866.7 KB · Views: 43
  • KC bucket-side view.jpg
    KC bucket-side view.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • Dixi Mount.jpg
    Dixi Mount.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 47

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
Update on progress:

All initial production bracket batches (Exzeit, KC FE4, and Dixi) have been received and inspected. The parts look excellent and fit together perfectly so far. Pics below.

I have sent out test install kits to all testers (6 people total) for the Exzeit and KC FE4 options. One tester (@grnamin) already received and installed everything and reported a perfect result. We will continue sharing info among the testers over the weekend then I will make final updates to instructions etc.

At this point I expect the full kits to be ready to ship out to buyers by 3rd week of June. Look for the kits to show up on the forum store for ordering around then.

The Dixi kit is still in process, due to the Dixi light product being tuned specifically for this Grenadier application. I think the end result is going to be fantastic.
Can't wait to see the new Dixis! I really appreciate everything you're doing on this project, @BenTN !

QRgren

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your work on this. Any idea if the amber covers will fit on the Dixie?

BenTN

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
BenTN: I'd be happy to buy a set of mounts from you.
The plan is that all kits shown here will be available for purchase from the forum store. KC and Exzeit kits will hopefully by shipping ~3rd week of June. In all cases you will need to source the LED lights yourself.

Korg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
The plan is that all kits shown here will be available for purchase from the forum store. KC and Exzeit kits will hopefully by shipping ~3rd week of June. In all cases you will need to source the LED lights yourself.
Awesome work by @BenTN - thank you.

I eagerly await the ability to order from the store - I will be ordering the Dixi brackets.
@Stu_Barnes please confirm ability to ship to Australia and that the following link is the correct one for the store https://grenadierworks.com/

BenTN

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Quick Update:

Our group of kit testers did a phenomenal job. Rapid installs, fantastic detailed feedback. These were installs in 6 forum member's vehicles, using quickly-written instructions and a few pics I sent them. The kits were initial production articles, identical to what will now start shipping to customers.

A few comments from testers:
"No issues at all. The hardest part was removing the grill and the old auxiliary lights and then reassembling the whole thing. Installing the Flex Era 4s with [the] brackets was the easiest part."
"I'd say the production bracket is ready and I don't recommend any changes."
"Initial assessment of the bracket out of the box is 'Stout'. The material is a heavy gauge for its use case and the coating appears to be well suited for the environment it will operate in ..."
"Overall fitment of the provided product/kit was top notch."

The only negative that came out of the testing:
One tester used a few washers to shim the light to an angle that best suited him, on only one side of the vehicle. We were not able to figure out why the light did not seem to sit at the expected angle without shims. I will be curious to see if anyone else reports this in the future. This was a KC install.

The first batch of sellable mount kits (Exzeit and KC versions) are now packed up and on the way to Stu for distribution via the forum store. He will be making updates to the store this week and I suspect this will all go live for purchase by middle of next week.

Thanks to everyone for patience and enthusiasm, and thanks again to the kit tester group for their excellent work.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:08 PM
Reaction score
Great job to everyone who installed and provided their feedback!

Question, will the voters be the priority in getting/buying the kits?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
8:08 PM
Reaction score
Great job to everyone who installed and provided their feedback!

Question, will the voters be the priority in getting/buying the kits?

Yes, you’ll each be able to purchase for 7 days prior to them going on general sale. I’ll email everyone who voted with the details.

Back
Top Bottom