The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Auxiliary LEDs - Lightbars, Lights, Pods

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
Looks really good.
Any whistle or noise when driving on the highway?

Do you have safari windows? do the lights bleed into the cabin at night or is the vertical angle crisp enough that there is no light into the safari windows?
Just purchased and installed the KC Pro6 light bar to the Leitner Roof Rack this past weekend.

I initially purchased the 50" (8 light) bar based on the width of the Leitner rack, but found that with the large footprint of the Leitner awning bracket, I needed to remove one of the lights so that I could position the lights in the center of the rack. After scouring the internet looking for mounting brackets, and with the help of Robert at KC Hilites - I settled on a Cali Raised mount (https://4wdcrew.com/products/cali-r...MuAJ0RWlHquIPh0YeBW_7DULIss9norEfYqkFtAGBq1ds) - which actually works perfectly on the Leitner rack with the Traklok Boltkit from Leitner. I did have to reposition the Leitner rack slightly in order to open the safari windows - the rack is now overhanging the rear of the vehicle by about an inch - not really noticeable or bothersome to me (and I'm typically OCD about this type of stuff).

I'm personally not a fan of the KC light covers, so I spray painted them with a can of matte black krylon - I think they turned out great.

The wiring was super easy - just cut off the end of the wiring loom that came with the Pro6 light bar - so that you just have the black and white wire - and then crimp on the deutsch barrel pins and plug (I used a kit + crimper from Amazon - called "JRready") and within 10 minutes it was plug and play into the front right roof outlet (I believe it's switched by EXT 2).

Final thoughts: I'm super happy with the look and absolutely grateful for the roof outlets, which made it super easy to install (even for a novice like me). I would've loved to purchase the new KC Gravity Titan vs. the Pro6, but the current draw on the Gravity Titan was more than the EXT 2 circuit (25A) would allow - so I opted for the slightly older Pro6 Lightbar which has a much lower current draw (15A total I believe). I wanted to be able to run the lightbar off of the factory overhead switch - and honestly, the look and OEM function was more important than the light output (I have yet to test it out at night, but I'm sure the Pro6 is more than bright enough for my use case).

View attachment 7861997View attachment 7861995
View attachment 7861994

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
Looks really good.
Any whistle or noise when driving on the highway?

Do you have safari windows? do the lights bleed into the cabin at night or is the vertical angle crisp enough that there is no light into the safari windows?
Thanks, Parb!

Surprisingly, I have no whistling whatsoever or noticeable noise on top of the wind noise I already had from the rack, Thule roof box, AluCab awning and the upright windscreen - bottom line, no noticeable difference before or after installing the lights.

Regarding the light into the safari windows, I unfortunately haven’t had the time
to test the lights at night yet, but I do expect there to be quite a bit of light infiltration through the safari windows. I’ll see if I can get some time this week to test out at night and grab some photos to share here. That being said, I have a set of the overland gear guy insulated safari window covers which simply suction cup onto the windows in a few seconds and render this a moot point for me - so, in the event I need to run the overhead lights, I’ll likely just throw the covers on (I keep them rolled-up and under the drivers seat, so they’re always within arms reach, if needed).

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:50 AM
Reaction score
Went with the Stedi 52” ST4K dual row.
The price was right, and simple enough to instal.
IMG_2469.jpeg

I used the Front Runner rack mounts with the Stedi supplied hardware. Glad it fills the space between the bottom of the Front Runner rack and the roofline. It should hopefully act as a wind fairing.

Wiring was pretty simple. The pigtail off the bar is too short to reach the pre wired socket, so I clipped the supplied wiring harness, and butt spliced 2 female DTTP plugs to make it work.
If you look closely you’ll see the Stedi logo is upside down. I ran it this way to allow for the 25A switch on the Driver’s Side to be used.

I’ve got a weekend camping trip over the next few days. Will post some pictures of the light output in the bush soon. 🌅

Attachments

• IMG_2469.jpeg
    IMG_2469.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 43

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got a chance to use the Lightbar this weekend. Bright is an understatement…

Even in twilight the amount of light output on the trail is impressive. Very happy with the performance, price, and ease of install on the Stedi ST4K products.

Light reflection off the Bonet is negligible, and being forward of the safari windows 100% nill.

I do have plans to mount a UHF antenna to the Roo bar next, which may catch some light and reflect it back. Will have to try it out and see.
IMG_2519.jpeg
IMG_2521.jpeg
IMG_2518.jpeg

Last edited:

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
11:50 PM
Reaction score
Hey Guys, We have a few lighting options being released at Buzz Overland.

Light bar bracket for the factory roof rack to take the 6" Rigid 360 series of lights.

Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 12.13.36.png

Light bar bracket for the front grill to house four 4" Rigid 360 series lights & New light bezels with bracket to replace factory spots with 6" Rigid 360 sereis lights and not cutting or drilling of your grill. (Note the photos is a 3D printed prototype. Production version will be carbon fibre).

Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 12.15.20.png

Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 12.17.30.png

And then a bracket to add two rear facing Rigid SR-M lights for either more light when reversing or working/ Camping.
Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 12.19.02.png

I've posted up more details in our vendor thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 12.14.49.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-29 at 12.14.49.png
    3 MB · Views: 50

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Guys, We have a few lighting options being released at Buzz Overland.

Light bar bracket for the factory roof rack to take the 6" Rigid 360 series of lights.

View attachment 7865075

Light bar bracket for the front grill to house four 4" Rigid 360 series lights & New light bezels with bracket to replace factory spots with 6" Rigid 360 sereis lights and not cutting or drilling of your grill. (Note the photos is a 3D printed prototype. Production version will be carbon fibre).

View attachment 7865077

View attachment 7865078

And then a bracket to add two rear facing Rigid SR-M lights for either more light when reversing or working/ Camping.
View attachment 7865079

I've posted up more details in our vendor thread.
Hey Ryan, does the lower light support bar (the one with four lights mounted) work if you have the factory winch?

Airleader

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:50 AM
Reaction score
Just ordered 2 Siberia Skylord from Strands (https://strandseurope.com/product/siberia-skylord-driving-light-9/). I would like to fit them on the front bar. I also have a mount for them that ia fitted under the license plate (see picture). What do you guys recommend for the wiring? From where and how? Given that the leds also have position light (amber or white) and i would like this position light to always be on like a DRL. The led has a DT-4 connection.
Hi Alex, very interesting mount, do you have a source (link)?

AWo

Local time
Reaction score
Possible source: htps://scheinwerfer-luxx.de

Keep in mind that you're not allowed to exceed a reference number of 100. One Skylord 9" alrady has 25. With your original lights (17.5) you end up with 75 when you install two Skylords. As they are marked as high beam lights (UN-ECE R149) you need to connect and switch them as such.

If you need a proper cabling or if you have any other questions regarding these lights, don't hesitate to ask me.

AWo

Nishan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just ordered 2 Siberia Skylord from Strands (https://strandseurope.com/product/siberia-skylord-driving-light-9/). I would like to fit them on the front bar. I also have a mount for them that ia fitted under the license plate (see picture). What do you guys recommend for the wiring? From where and how? Given that the leds also have position light (amber or white) and i would like this position light to always be on like a DRL. The led has a DT-4 connection.

How
How did you get power to DRL and lights itself.?

AlexAdv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
How

How did you get power to DRL and lights itself.?
Hi, i didn’t power the leds the DRL. I powered the yellow/orange light from the lights low beam (that is set on auto at night) and the leds themself from the high beam from the original aux.

AlexAdv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
Hi Alex, very interesting mount, do you have a source (link)?
I bought that from Temu but didn’t mount on it. It was too flimsy. Made one custom at my factory.

Attachments

• IMG_8610.jpeg
    IMG_8610.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 32

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Is there any lightbar with a lower drag coefficient than that of Buckingham Palace?

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:50 PM
Reaction score
Is there any lightbar with a lower drag coefficient than that of Buckingham Palace?
Owl just released a integrated grill light bar. Looks solid maybe not what you are looking for but thought I mention it.

marcusnilsson

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Went with the Stedi 52” ST4K dual row.
The price was right, and simple enough to instal.
View attachment 7864827

I used the Front Runner rack mounts with the Stedi supplied hardware. Glad it fills the space between the bottom of the Front Runner rack and the roofline. It should hopefully act as a wind fairing.

Wiring was pretty simple. The pigtail off the bar is too short to reach the pre wired socket, so I clipped the supplied wiring harness, and butt spliced 2 female DTTP plugs to make it work.
If you look closely you’ll see the Stedi logo is upside down. I ran it this way to allow for the 25A switch on the Driver’s Side to be used.

I’ve got a weekend camping trip over the next few days. Will post some pictures of the light output in the bush soon. 🌅

I see great minds think alike ! :)

Just got my lights fitted, so havent had time to try them out yet.

IMG_5212.jpgIMG_5213.jpg

Back
Top Bottom