The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ANCEL BM200 - NEW BATTERY MONITOR

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 AM
Reaction score
Ancel has released [or should that be relaunched] a new battery monitor to the market, that may challenge my favoured choice the BLE Battery Monitor.

It comes in a base (BM200) and pro model (BM200Pro). The base model links to the supplied app. The Pro model; comes with its own screen and control module. I am testing both.

It has a lot of features in common with the BLE, not sure whether it is an improved version by Ancel or Ancel copied the BLE.

One big difference is the Ancel app can monitor 4 batteries at once (each battery must have its own BM200 sensor), the BLE is limited to one (but you can cycle through multiple batteries). The BM200 handles both lead acid and Lithium chemistries. The BLE has a separate Lithium model.

Too early to make any considered observations.

Introductory price is around AUD48, and roughly AUD6 more for the Pro model - at the time of posting.

ancelBM200_.jpg
ancelBM200A_.jpg

BM200Pro
ancelBM200B_.jpg

Last edited:

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:22 PM
Reaction score
Does the pro have a shunt as well? Or is it guessing SoC based on voltage alone?

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ancel has released a new battery monitor to the market, that may challenge my favoured choice the BLE Battery Monitor.

It comes in a base (BM200) and pro model (BM200Pro). The base model links to the supplied app. The Pro model; comes with its own screen and control module. I am testing both.

It has a lot of features in common with the BLE, not sure whether it is an improved version by Ancel or Ancel copied the BLE.

One big difference is the Ancel BM200 can monitor 4 batteries at once, the BLE is limited to one (but you can cycle through multiple batteries). The BM200 handles both lead acid and Lithium chemistries. The BLE has a separate Lithium model.

Too early to make any considered observations.

Introductory price is around AUD48, and roughly AUD6 more for the Pro model - at the time of posting.

View attachment 7871192
View attachment 7871193

BM200Pro
View attachment 7871194
The BM200 has been around for a while, it seems to come & go from the Australian market (not sure why). I put one on my Jimny in 2023, and two on my Grenadier earlier this year. Really easy to use and clear app, only issue I have is when I setup the two on my Gren I lost the Jimny from my app and can't get it back (in theory should be able to display four).

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The BM200 has been around for a while, it seems to come & go from the Australian market (not sure why). I put one on my Jimny in 2023, and two on my Grenadier earlier this year. Really easy to use and clear app, only issue I have is when I setup the two on my Gren I lost the Jimny from my app and can't get it back (in theory should be able to display four).
They are selling it as an introductory offer now! The first time I saw it was a week or two ago.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ancel app graphs:
  1. State of Charge (SOC);
  2. Temperature; and
  3. Voltage.
BLE only graphs voltage.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Doesn't our Grenadier already have a battery monitor?
Not one that monitors and graphs voltage, temperature and state of charge for each battery. The monitors also can give info concerning charging and cranking capacity. Data held for 30 days.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Ancel BM200Pro:
  1. only syncs with Ancel Console, not the app;
  2. the sensor on the battery has LEDs to show the State of Health (the app version does not);
  3. does not graph data or store it for 31 days;
  4. displays:
-State of Charge (SoC);​
-State of Health (SoH);​
-Cranking voltage;​
-Battery temperature (F or C); and​
-Battery voltage.​
ancelBM200C_.jpg

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you need one BM200 for each battery? @TheDocAUS suggests that one unit can monitor up to 4 batteries.
Not really, the aux battery is always being charged by the main battery so is nearly always 100%. The pic above is while driving but stopped at lights with start/stop having switched off the engine. The main battery has stopped receiving charge but the aux battery is receiving charge from the main. You can put just one one the main battery, but then again you can pick up the BM200 for as low as AUD$34 delivered on Temu so why not just get two and satiate your curiosity. BTW the Grenadier was reporting charge at 89-90% at the time.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you need one BM200 for each battery? @TheDocAUS suggests that one unit can monitor up to 4 batteries.
The Ancel app can monitor up to 4 different BM200 sensors. Each battery needs its own sensor. I will add that clarification above.

In my setup, the main and aux are slightly different, so I have a BLE on each. I am testing the base model Ancel BM200 and the Pro on my battery boxes.

The main mostly cranks the car, the aux has a solar panel input and runs the fridge/Travel Buddy (from a direct circuit to the aux). So the battery voltage profiles do vary as shown in the solar thread (which describes my battery setup in more detail). My battery setup now differs from the standard factory setup (not a huge difference). For example

MAIN BATTERY

AUX BATTERY

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Jury is out on how accurate these gauges are. Just working through some issues on a Lithium battery.

Back
Top Bottom