The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

America's Cup

Reducs

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
FYI: It looks like ESPN+ is where we'd watch in the States for live coverage. 24 hour delay on the America's Cup website.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:57 PM
Reaction score
Another loss for Landrover. They were the original sponsors of Britannia until Ainsley was introduced to Ratcliffe who promised a lot more dosh for the team. So now, instead of a Defender on the sail, there's a Grenadier.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another thing we were in on at the start and has evaded us ever since. Bring the auld mug home please Ineos!!!

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Kiwi boat seems to have a LC V8 onboard!

RockyCam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
Currently in first to score 7 points - defending Emirates Team New Zealand leads challenger INEOS Britannia 4 to 2. Next race scheduled for 18 October in Barcelona.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did not see that coming today. Come on IB!

Karearea

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Currently in first to score 7 points - defending Emirates Team New Zealand leads challenger INEOS Britannia 4 to 2. Next race scheduled for 18 October in Barcelona.

Turning into a great match race now 😁👍🏼

RockyCam

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
Emirates Team New Zealand wins the 37th America’s Cup.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You have to hand it to the New Zealanders they make great boats and great sailors. INEOS Britannia was no pushover.

These are fast, state of the art boats and the tactics, set up etc are very much in line with traditional sailing.

But just as engines are banned in sail racing, I do think it's questionable having cyclists and rowers to power the hydraulics. It can't be any more fun than going to the gym for those guys who needn't have an ounce of knowledge about sailing. Effectively they're akin to well paid galley slaves.

• Haha
Reactions: PBD

Bayford

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agree with you Earthwatcher - doesn't look much fun for the cyclors , as I think they term them.

I was in Barcelona to watch the Emirates / Ineos sail offs - lots of Grenadiers in the Ineos compound and on the dockside by what I imagine was Sir Jim's yacht (Hampshire).

I did smile to myself when Ineos Britannia were late to the first race because of a flat battery problem affecting the canting hydrofoils - that meant they had to swap batteries just before the start - wondered if they had the same charging system that afflicted my Grenadier in its first three months.......... The Kiwi's sailed brilliantly but I do wish the final score had been a bit closer than 7-2.

Lots of Ineos branded Belstaff jackets in the "Official Supporter Shops". Maybe that's why there's a bit of a shortage for our American friends who should have got them with their cars

• Haha
Reactions: PBD