The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Alternator & Aux Battery

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
Has anyone photographed the secondary power outlet in the driver's or passenger's footwell? Does it have a plug like the roof outlets or just bare wires (taped up)?
This is the wiring loom they are showing
It isn't a neat outlet in the footwell more a socket in the wiring loom behind the footwell/dash area
1680818908309.png

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is the wiring loom they are showing
It isn't a neat outlet in the footwell more a socket in the wiring loom behind the footwell/dash area
View attachment 7807986
Thank you, sure looks like the DTP 2 pin plug used on the roof. Cannot see any reason why they would use and another plug for the 25 amp circuit.

Here is a diagram showing the different Deutsch plugs, the one used on the INEOS Grenadier is the two pin CTP plug (bottom left). From Connector-Tech ALS I use in Australia.

DeuPlugs.jpg

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you, sure looks like the DTP 2 pin plug used on the roof. Cannot see any reason why they woudl use and another plug for the 25 amp circuit.

Here is a diagram showing the different Deutsch plugs, the one used on the INEOS Grenadier is the two pin CTP plug (bottom left). From Connector-Tech ALS I use in Australia.

View attachment 7807996
Sounds logical to me
I think you are on the right track

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:05 AM
Reaction score
Has anyone photographed the secondary power outlet in the driver's or passenger's footwell? Does it have a Deutsch plug like the roof outlets or just bare wires (taped up)?
Well I went to the agent's yesterday with the objective of getting a photo of these, high on my list. I failed. Try as I did with turning myself upside down and peering into the innards of the dash from below, I could not find one on the passenger side. I couldn't open the driver's door far enough to try that side due to an adjacent vehicle.

Are they there?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well I went to the agent's yesterday with the objective of getting a photo of these, high on my list. I failed. Try as I did with turning myself upside down and peering into the innards of the dash from below, I could not find one on the passenger side. I couldn't open the driver's door far enough to try that side due to an adjacent vehicle.

Are they there?
I am starting to think they may not exist. This information came from the leaked pocket guide but as far as I know that was never officially released and I don’t think there is anything about them in the owners manual. J

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I’m leaning to that conclusion also ~ maybe it's in a file of things they wanted to do but didn't get the time/resources to finish. In the same file as the inverter.

I'm also thinking that the under bonnet high load (500 amp) outlet may not exist also.

I was expecting some form of socket similar to the rear NATO 2 pin and the front winch may have a plug to connect in, mirroring the arrangement for the rear removeable winch.

I've seen photos on FB from our own forum member @BAS-Remaps that suggests the power for the winch on his is piggy backed off the starter motor. Maybe he can confirm I've understood him right and post the photos?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Are they there?
I only know the electrical diagram shows they are apparently there. Yet to see the real thing. Thanks for trying.

It raises the possibility they might not exist in the production vehicle. I suppose the worse case is I have to run the wiring myself. They also appear in one of the fuse diagrams, from memory. EDIT: see post below.

The Dealer told me more detailed information is coming online shortly for the INEOS network, where he can check this information.

Last edited:

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Are they there?
10a circuit. The place to start is the fuses. The fuse for the driver and passenger side foot well from memory is circa 106 and the next ( or was it 102and 103) need to check the owners manual. My point is the fuse there and is the circuit live. What is strange there was no fuse allocated to the under bonnet 10a circuit. My conclusion is the 10a footwell sockets are there somewhere but the 10a under bonnet has been deleted. Unfortunately with no vehicle to get my hands on I'm now at a loss to investigate

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I only know the electrical diagram shows they are apparently there. Yet to see the real thing. Thanks for trying.

It raises the possibility they might not exist in the production vehicle. I suppose the worse case is I have to run the wiring myself.

The Dealer told me more detailed information is coming online shortly for the INEOS network, where he can check this information.
I wondering if they're tucked under the floor mats near the firewall...

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
10a circuit. The place to start is the fuses. The fuse for the driver and passenger side foot well from memory is circa 106 and the next ( or was it 102and 103) need to check the owners manual. My point is the fuse there and is the circuit live.
From this (card in my vehicle - hopefully the same as previously posted by @Jean Mercier) - I29 & I30:
IMG_20230429_082427.jpg
So the two fuses are definitely there:
IMG_20230429_083333.jpg
But so is I13 Spare (Air compressor / dust gun) at 40 amps ~ does that have a outlet somewhere?

Last edited:

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I’m leaning to that conclusion also ~ maybe it's in a file of things they wanted to do but didn't get the time/resources to finish. In the same file as the inverter.

I'm also thinking that the under bonnet high load (500 amp) outlet may not exist also.

I was expecting some form of socket similar to the rear NATO 2 pin and the front winch may have a plug to connect in, mirroring the arrangement for the rear removeable winch.

I've seen photos on FB from our own forum member @BAS-Remaps that suggests the power for the winch on his is piggy backed off the starter motor. Maybe he can confirm I've understood him right and post the photos?
Pretty sure if you have the winch the under bonnet
I wondering if they're tucked under the floor mats near the firewall...
well if they stay true to the hose out claims, they should be higher than rhe base of the central panel

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
From this (card in my vehicle - hopefully the same as previously posted by @Jean Mercier) - 129 & 130:
View attachment 7809831
View attachment 7809833
But so is 113 Spare (Air compressor / dust gun) at 40 amps ~ does that have a outlet somewhere?
Yes exactly the same card!
But fuses FI15 (SCR Module1) and [EDITED] FI26 (SCR Module2) weren't installed in my car, but mine is a Petrol.
SCR meaning "Selective Catalytic Reduction"

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From this (card in my vehicle - hopefully the same as previously posted by @Jean Mercier) - 129 & 130:
View attachment 7809831
View attachment 7809833
But so is 113 Spare (Air compressor / dust gun) at 40 amps ~ does that have a outlet somewhere?
Fuse F129 & F130 god my memory has got worse. But it does look like the 10A footwell circuits are somewhere. But no under bonnet 10A?? Fuse 113 is spare but given a title Air compressor ....... strange to say the least. If it is a live circuit there must be an outlet (protected by a plug!)

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes exactly the same card!
But fuses FI15 (SCR Module1) and [EDITED] FI26 (SCR Module2) weren't installed in my car, but mine is a Petrol.
SCR meaning "Selective Catalytic Reduction"
That would be my thinking, the wiring loom is common and if a circuit is not required the fuses are omitted. I expect the loom is an early supplier requirement and all the plugs were there. BUT I thought the original wiring loom was made in Ukraine and if they had to change suppliers it could have been modified. A workshop manual is needed to answer the questions.

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all.

Have my car. Did not find any outlets in the footwell. Did someone?

Also the software seem not come with any additional features for the secondary battery.

On single battery info I could find is temp, load status, current usage and voltage. All Singular. So software / HMI registers both batteries as one.

IMG_7649.jpeg

Planned to connect fridge today and observe power usage and all, but with little info it will be hard to predict how many days I can put my basecamp without moving whilst zavibg fridge running an few devices recharged, no?

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
or use an obd connector like bimmercode, i programmed that inall cars out , i hope there will be one soon for the grenadier
I asked them if they were planning support for the Grenadier

"Hi Stuart,

thanks for getting back to us – support is currently not planned but we keep you posted once that changes.

--
Kind regards / Schöne Grüße
Sven Straubinger - Lead Developer
--
SG Software GmbH & Co. KG
Linsenäcker 18/1, 72379 Hechingen"

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi all.

Have my car. Did not find any outlets in the footwell. Did someone?

Also the software seem not come with any additional features for the secondary battery.

On single battery info I could find is temp, load status, current usage and voltage. All Singular. So software / HMI registers both batteries as one.

View attachment 7812885

Planned to connect fridge today and observe power usage and all, but with little info it will be hard to predict how many days I can put my basecamp without moving whilst zavibg fridge running an few devices recharged, no?
at least your battery is quite filled. My was at 58 % when I picked up the car (The dealer had no time to charge it that day as I stood in his door as soon as he told me that the registration had been successful.

Back
Top Bottom