The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Air conditioning - heating

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:06 AM
Reaction score
Unbelievable - I got the opposite on Monday..

Early morning drive - bit chilly - put the temp control on 21C, auto & aircon - got super hot air blowing...and blowing....and blowing.

After 10 minutes with the system not picking up it was about 35C inside the cabin and sweat forming on my forehead - turned the temp control down to 19C but no, hot air continued to blow for another 5 minutes until I turned the system off and dropped the windown down.
I have had my airco do a similar thing early on in my ownership. We travelled on the highway about an hour drive and on the return journey, for no apparent reason, the aircon went hot. Since then I leave it midway and don't touch it. Not sure why it did it. So far the issue has not returned

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I find my auto setting functioning perfectly, this is for cold air. My heater worked too a few weeks back at koziosko when they had snow but wasn't on for a long time
One thing that has happened to me....
Today the computers malfunctioned, no Speedo no revs no gear displayed nothing correctly working. This was for a short drive 1km, It then reset itself whilst driving. Going blank and turning back on. In this time both my wife and I received about 2-3 drops of water in footwell. Airconditioning set to auto also jumped around At the same time as screen.
Never had water in footwells before. About 2000km driven with air-conditioning on.
Could be pure coincidence but very strange.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I find my auto setting functioning perfectly, this is for cold air. My heater worked too a few weeks back at koziosko when they had snow but wasn't on for a long time
One thing that has happened to me....
Today the computers malfunctioned, no Speedo no revs no gear displayed nothing correctly working. This was for a short drive 1km, It then reset itself whilst driving. Going blank and turning back on. In this time both my wife and I received about 2-3 drops of water in footwell. Airconditioning set to auto also jumped around At the same time as screen.
Never had water in footwells before. About 2000km driven with air-conditioning on.
Could be pure coincidence but very strange.
Bugger me, I think I know what that was:

1697788541135.jpeg

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:06 PM
Reaction score
The Grenadier, doesn’t give any heat to your feet when selected after trying all methods (AC and none AC). Needed as the outside temperature drops. Just asked my agent and hopefully he will know how to fix it.

Anyone else managed to get it fixed?

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My heating has always worked fine since taking delivery in June. Had the software update last week. Last night passenger side nice and warm drivers side no warm air. It did start to let some warm air through but wasn’t consistent. I need to play about with it before contacting the dealer.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had cold feet today so spent half an hour this afternoon figuring the heating out.

Seems to be if you hit the auto button it sends air out of every orifice (regardless of where the right hand dial is set) to give you an ambient cabin temperature set by the central temperature dial.
But if your feet are cold then set the right hand dial to feet and balance the fan and temperature dials to suit (leave the auto button off), just give the system time to move its internal diverters about after you move the right hand dial.

The system had an abundance of easily controlled heat using this method.

Wilaspira

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
For what it’s worth my heating does not work (and I’m not convinced the air con does what it should albeit this has not been tested exhaustively so it might be).

In summary, passenger side front possibly gets a little heat when temp set to max (with or without air con on and irrespective of which vent) but it’s not obvious. We concluded it was a possible because the driver’s side front seemed even colder (ie absolutely no heat). Interestingly the rear vents do seem to work and a proper flow of warm/hot air does seem to come out of these. Why would this be? Is there a valve/valves that is/are stuck shut or are they not opening because it‘s not getting any electronic message that it should be open or might it be something else?

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:06 PM
Reaction score
The Grenadier, doesn’t give any heat to your feet when selected after trying all methods (AC and none AC). Needed as the outside temperature drops. Just asked my agent and hopefully he will know how to fix it.

Anyone else managed to get it fixed?
1) All of you who have issues. Go to your dealer and they should make a ticket to Ineos. Otherwise Ineos does not know that shit is hitting the fan. And if they don't know they're not gonna fix it.
2) My dealer told me it is a known issue. The procedure according to Ineos is that they are checking several things including fill level of the aircon fluid. If it is still shitty then they will replace a pump. Mine will be replaced soon...

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
1) All of you who have issues. Go to your dealer and they should make a ticket to Ineos. Otherwise Ineos does not know that shit is hitting the fan. And if they don't know they're not gonna fix it.
2) My dealer told me it is a known issue. The procedure according to Ineos is that they are checking several things including fill level of the aircon fluid. If it is still shitty then they will replace a pump. Mine will be replaced soon...
Done - all I was told was to select Max Heat and Feet and to try AUTO on Max Heat. This was the advice from Ineos.......yes really :)

Are we all that stupid, that we don't how to select Heat?

I believe it's a Software reprogramme.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There’s definitely this issue, with either gas or functioning of the AC; there is also an issue with the inability of the auto function to work effectively. For me it works very crudely, cannot maintain anything like a sensible temperature range, but can correct extreme differences between cabin and external, and really never manages gentle heat. Other people seem to have no heating, or no auto functioning.

so, as well as aircon gas/pump problems, my guess is that there are issues with the sensor placement or quality, or with the software.
I am expecting a fix, hoping it doesnt require burrowing into the dash….

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
There’s definitely this issue, with either gas or functioning of the AC; there is also an issue with the inability of the auto function to work effectively. For me it works very crudely, cannot maintain anything like a sensible temperature range, but can correct extreme differences between cabin and external, and really never manages gentle heat. Other people seem to have no heating, or no auto functioning.

so, as well as aircon gas/pump problems, my guess is that there are issues with the sensor placement or quality, or with the software.
I am expecting a fix, hoping it doesnt require burrowing into the dash….
You are right. It looks like there is more to it than just a faulty pump. Has your dealer made a ticket at ineos?

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are right. It looks like there is more to it than just a faulty pump. Has your dealer made a ticket at ineos?
The car is going in to them next week; Ill ask them directly (they know, I dont know if they’ve specifically raised a ticket).
I am both very happy, and confident in the Sydney agent, purnell, they seem consistently to be on top of the admittedly evolving knowledge base, and transparent when there’s a known issue.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The car is going in to them next week; Ill ask them directly (they know, I dont know if they’ve specifically raised a ticket).
I am both very happy, and confident in the Sydney agent, purnell, they seem consistently to be on top of the admittedly evolving knowledge base, and transparent when there’s a known issue.
Please let us know what they say.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:06 PM
Reaction score
Lots of folks have had issues or general disappointment with the HVAC system. Obviously NA deliveries are just getting underway, so we’ll wait to see there. But this is one thing that seems IA dropped the ball on big time. Knobs and dials have successfully controlled automotive HVAC systems for decades - I think in an effort to seem “upscale” they lost their way a bit.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
FWIW I have had no issues with the aircon, auto setting seems to function fine. It has been reasonably sunny and quite humid (for Melbourne) for the last couple of weeks. Only item of note is when the car and system first starts a small amount of fog/mist appears on the windscreen where the vents blow onto it but this quickly clears. Have not needed to use heating yet.

21DFND

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Heater has not worked properly since the day I got it in June. It has been back to Purnell 4 times to try and fix it, Inoes tells them that it's an air blockages in the heater circuit, they have even replaced the electric water pump for the heater circuit. They can get it to work after bleeding it several time in the workshop, it works for that day I drive it back home. A few days later on the weekend when I drive it, not working again. Contacted Purnell 2 weeks ago after the last time it was there and have yet to hear back from them.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Here is another oddity. When I first collected my truck, the no.1 fan setting seemed reasonable and it did push enough air to cool the car. Then at week 2 the no.1 fan setting for some reason barely blew a breathe out... and so I had to run no.2 fan setting just to cool the car at the minimum. Then this week for no reason that I can see, the no.1 fan setting is back to its proper self and pushing a good amount of air out enough to cool the vehicle. What the...

Back
Top Bottom