The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

After off-roading question

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
How do you guys clean the chasis, wheel wells, mud flaps, etc? Just normal water pressure from garden hose? It has been a week since I have been carrying mud stains like a badge of honor however it is time to clean it.
Thanks!

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 PM
Reaction score
I use this under-car sprayer attachment for my pressure washer usually; not after every trip, but after every few to get the chunks off...

For the wheel wells/mud flaps/skids/tires/etc. I'll pretreat with P&S Mudbuster (4:1 dilution), let it dwell for about a minute, and then rinse with the pressure washer (25° nozzle at about a 2-4" distance). For the wheels/tires however, I will agitate it with a wheel/tire brush. If the truck is very dirty, I'll pretreat everything from the windows down with Mudbuster and then rinse before foaming the vehicle

The alternative is to just use a traditional spinning lawn sprinkler and every few minutes move its position under the truck

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
“High Pressure Rinse” setting for the spray wand at the self-service car wash+a lot of quarters.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I use this under-car sprayer attachment for my pressure washer usually; not after every trip, but after every few to get the chunks off...

For the wheel wells/mud flaps/skids/tires/etc. I'll pretreat with P&S Mudbuster (4:1 dilution), let it dwell for about a minute, and then rinse with the pressure washer (25° nozzle at about a 2-4" distance). For the wheels/tires however, I will agitate it with a wheel/tire brush. If the truck is very dirty, I'll pretreat everything from the windows down with Mudbuster and then rinse before foaming the vehicle

The alternative is to just use a traditional spinning lawn sprinkler and every few minutes move its position under the truck

@C64_forever ……clean it as above.

People think have mud all over their vehicle gives it street cred, it will also give it a case of galloping rust in a few years. Most don’t realise that mud can be very corrosive it it’s own right, as well as holding damp against your chassis etc.

Obviously certain types of mud are worse than others.

Look after the underside of your vehicle and it will look after you.

Psignore00

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bought one of these for $10 on eBay or Amazon to help get into the tighter spots. I use it with my electric pressure washer

Make sure you get in the control arm brackets, mud can tend to get caked in there and give you death wobble.IMG_1307.jpeg

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:53 AM
Reaction score
I bought one of these for $10 on eBay or Amazon to help get into the tighter spots. I use it with my electric pressure washer

Make sure you get in the control arm brackets, mud can tend to get caked in there and give you death wobble.View attachment 7867693

So Marvin's day job was working at a car wash? I guess he had to make bank somehow 🤷‍♂️

Screenshot_20240825-084805.png

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
Pay the kids down the block to get under that car with water and old tooth brushes... gotta be clean.

Back
Top Bottom