The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Adding Perspective To the Quality of Our Grenadiers

Kujo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:49 PM
Reaction score
I have noticed that almost all posts concern a problem or defect. I just wanted those who are contemplating a purchase to know that not all is bleak. My IG is a Trialmaster loaded with everything but winches. My only problem is that it pulls to the left and needs to be re-aligned. The steering wheel needs to be centered. Other than that, it is perfect. No other problems. It is a 2024 built in July of 2023. I suspect many others on this forum have IGs with little or no problems. I love this car and have been driving it daily., and will continue to do so.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
My MY24 (Europe) was built in July 24. The steering is aligned unlike the MY23.5 I test drove where it was left offset a little.

It is a 2024 built in July of 2023.
That makes it MY23.5. However, in the US they appear to use the MY24 moniker for MY23.5. March/April 24 was the changeover from MY23.5 to MY24 as far as the factory goes.

Defender77

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
I willingly and knowingly took a $100K gamble on the Grenadier, especially since I'm 5 miles from a large dealer. I'm quite tolerant and patient. I've also been fortunate, 1000 miles in, avoiding the popular gremlins - for now.

However, I will admit when my A/C failed last week on a trip 2 hours from home, my tolerance and patience were tested.

Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
I willingly and knowingly took a $100K gamble on the Grenadier, especially since I'm 5 miles from a large dealer. I'm quite tolerant and patient. I've also been fortunate, 1000 miles in, avoiding the popular gremlins - for now.

However, I will admit when my A/C failed last week on a trip 2 hours from home, my tolerance and patience were tested.
Was ac issue resolved? What’s the sentiment trendline like right now, for your ownership experience?

Tomdoc

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was one of the very first buyers in the UK, now well over a year ago and after the SW update we all had, I have had no other problems at all. Steering and alignment perfect, no mechanical gripes. the PS does whine, but not too badly for me. Overall I am absolutely chuffed with it and still smile whenever I get in it.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have hope. I’ve been very patient. My dealer is only 20 miles away. I have 5 years warranty (4 years left). It’s the last of dinosaur juice. I don't want a EV just yet. It’s built like a tank. I can’t afford a G Wagon or a Twisted Land Rover. I can take it off roading. It’s a very special unique vehicle with lots of character to build it how you like. I also have a Suzuki Jimny where I feel the same. Love them both.

Local time
Reaction score
I have noticed that almost all posts concern a problem or defect. I just wanted those who are contemplating a purchase to know that not all is bleak. My IG is a Trialmaster loaded with everything but winches. My only problem is that it pulls to the left and needs to be re-aligned. The steering wheel needs to be centered. Other than that, it is perfect. No other problems. It is a 2024 built in July of 2023. I suspect many others on this forum have IGs with little or no problems. I love this car and have been driving it daily., and will continue to do so.
Just something to consider…
I’d suggest that more often than not, a pulling issue is the result of a tire defect rather than an alignment issue. It won’t hurt to have alignment checked but don’t be surprised if the vehicle comes back still pulling.

BenTN

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My minor inconveniences are inconsequential to the overall ownership experience. I love this thing. I would buy it again in a heartbeat. If it were suddenly gone I would order another one.

I fully expected it to be a bit quirky and even imperfect. The charisma more than makes up for it.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
I like the truck. But for initial quality I can’t sing its praises. Far more issues than expected. And some that just shouldn’t even exist. It’s never left me stuck. But realistically it needs to get some things sorted

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Car runs great. Just a big issue with the design of the massive RHD version footwell intrusion.

Back
Top Bottom