The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2024 ADAS Issue and Work Around (USA)

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
I set up the Fav. Button for the screen to disable the speed click. Just part of my start up routine now. Start car, click seatbelt, Turn off auto stop, Disable Adas Speed click. Drive.
I do the same, occasionally forgetting the ADAS step. Fav button response time is different every use. Sometimes it’s quick, and takes me right to the submenu. Other times is takes me one level up. On several occasions it’s just taken me to a random menu 🤡

🍻 Here’s to a future software update!

Jackattack13

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:13 PM
Reaction score
I do the same, occasionally forgetting the ADAS step. Fav button response time is different every use. Sometimes it’s quick, and takes me right to the submenu. Other times is takes me one level up. On several occasions it’s just taken me to a random menu 🤡

Thats if it actually responds to button pushes. 😆 🤣

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am curious... what are others using the FAV button for, if not to deactivate ADAS?
I don't think I would use it for anything if I didn't want the short cut to the ADAS screen

vtgrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My Defender has a steering-wheel 'favorite' button that I have set up as follows: short-press = mute; long-press = darkening the center screen entirely. Obviously, the former would be inconvenient with the placement of the FAV button... but it would be handy to darken the center altogether with the push of a single button. I am not aware of an ability to do this with the Grenadier.

Zak Smith

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:13 PM
Reaction score
I agree. Also FYI--- you can clear/blank the right-hand 2/3rds of the screen by holding the MUTE button for a few seconds. It does not reduce the backlit brightness however.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am not aware of an ability to do this with the Grenadier.
There's no "shortcut" to dim the display, but the brightness is set independently for with and without lights on

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

And sometimes it disconnects my phone and sometimes it already disabled even after restart!

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I set up the Fav. Button for the screen to disable the speed click. Just part of my start up routine now. Start car, click seatbelt, Turn off auto stop, Disable Adas Speed click. Drive.
It is all part developing that muscle memory. I sometimes forget if I hit the favorite button or not.

I did a similar routine. When I was close to my destination, I hit the off-road suspension button 95% of the time when parking so much that I forgot I did it.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
it would be handy to darken the center altogether with the push of a single button. I am not aware of an ability to do this with the Grenadier.
Yes! A prediction: The vehicle's intra-system comms will become understood, in time, and an OBD dongle by hobbiests or the aftermarket will give us an ability to send or automate all kinds of messages over the bus that are currently only available by manually wading through slow touchscreen menus. e.g. pressing a dash-mounted button or knob or simply a photo sensor could send: "SET SCREEN_BRIGHTNESS 50%"

Ineos, in their self-professed spirit of DIY/modding, should release this spec. IMO.

I have a dream... 🤣 🙏

Back
Top Bottom