The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wind Buffeting and Cabin Pressure Vents Rattle.

Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
With my windows down while driving, starting at around 35mph my cabin pressure vent flaps go crazy. Has anyone else's done this? I have had mine at the dealer already but was not fixed. The slapping/rattle generated drives me nuts. It is not a subtle sound!!! I have already broken my body panels down for access. Removed the flaps themselves to prove they are the root cause.

If someone already has engineered a fix please share here. I already have 2 possible solutions from what I have reviewed so far. My materials won't arrive till this weekend. If 1 of my 2 ideas work or if both are required for a resolution I will share here next week.

BTW I still love my Gren. So far this has been the only issue I have had. Fingers crossed;)

Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
@trobex thanks for confirming with yours. There are no tensioners. Pretty standard design. I am making my own flaps right now. Silicon sheets came in a day early. Stock are 1mm thick. The sheet I have is 1.3mm and roughy 33% heavier. I have 9 more to make wish me luck lol. Pic provided is with the flaps removed.

Attachments

• PXL_20241019_144747030.jpg
    PXL_20241019_144747030.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20241019_145033686.jpg
    PXL_20241019_145033686.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8

Lars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:35 AM
Reaction score
First time I heard that noise I immediately pulled off the road, got in the cargo area and had my wife drive me around to figure out where the noise was coming from. I determined that it happened when the passenger window(s) where the only ones open and at a certain speed. I assumed either mine is the only one that does that or people never open the passenger windows with the front windows closed.
If there is a simple fix I'd be more than grateful to you.

Back
Top Bottom