The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Buyers Pre Purchase checklist...

Local time
8:43 AM
Reaction score
Yea usually it is caught at the factory or during PDI, sometimes the clip makes it look like it is ok (but still close) and then it pops out of the clip.

I'd add making sure all the door seals are attached completely
I think thats #2 but I can rephrase that more better'er I'm sure.

S52

Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
More depressing threads, why do people want to buy the Grenadier if they are already mindset there are so many problems?
I'm not sure how the dealership situation is geographically in the UK but I would imagine theres probably a dealer much closer to your home than many of us in the US.

The closest dealership for me personally will be about a 6-7 hour drive- huge inconvenience obviously to take the vehicle in to address any issues. I definitely want to pick up and drive my rig home with some level of confidence that as soon as I park it in my driveway I don't notice some annoyance that could have easily been resolved at the service center and now I'm stuck with the problem until I make another 12-14 hour round trip drive to SoCal where the dealership is located.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:43 PM
Reaction score
I'm not sure how the dealership situation is geographically in the UK but I would imagine theres probably a dealer much closer to your home than many of us in the US.

The closest dealership for me personally will be about a 6-7 hour drive- huge inconvenience obviously to take the vehicle in to address any issues. I definitely want to pick up and drive my rig home with some level of confidence that as soon as I park it in my driveway I don't notice some annoyance that could have easily been resolved at the service center and now I'm stuck with the problem until I make another 12-14 hour round trip drive to SoCal where the dealership is located.
Fair point. 4 dealers and 2 service agents easily within 1.5 hours from me.
The middle bit of England is unbelievably well served with multiple car dealers of almost every flavour you could imagine.

Last edited:
Reactions: S52

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score

I get this.
I collected my grenadier from a dealership 2,000km from home, so I had done a couple of page checklist to run through before driving away. I’m sure this has been done on this forum before and will be found here somewhere by a skilled searcher.
I’ll see if I can find mine anywhere.

One thing you guys from the States can be certain of is that you don’t really have any questions or concerns that are new or haven’t been asked before. The problem you have is trying to find the same questions and answers buried within the million threads here.

Local time
Reaction score
I get this.
I collected my grenadier from a dealership 2,000km from home, so I had done a couple of page checklist to run through before driving away. I’m sure this has been done on this forum before and will be found here somewhere by a skilled searcher.
I’ll see if I can find mine anywhere.

One thing you guys from the States can be certain of is that you don’t really have any questions or concerns that are new or haven’t been asked before. The problem you have is trying to find the same questions and answers buried within the million threads here.
Hence the easily searched title and encouragement for people to chime in and consolidate.

I guarantee your list didn't include gems like #9. That sort of knowlege only comes with thousands of buyers being the beta testers. I'm just trying to centralize tidbits like that, and spare a little pain. If your dealership is around the corner, or you own a C130 and can drop ship, yea, I guess the effort looks stupid.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:43 PM
Reaction score

The UK is an extremely small land mass with a hell of a lot of dealers.
More than Australia and as you can see below Australia is a touch larger.
So I definitely understand your problem.
My dealer needs to replace a broken plastic part next week
They said it should only take 10-15 minutes.
Plus a 5 -6 hour round trip for me.

1719441985256.jpg

1719441873689.jpg
1719441912598.jpg
1719442289659.jpg

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:43 AM
Reaction score
@Zimm are you saying you wish you were a derivative so you could lie tangent to our curves? You make me blush.

Tangents are the fist sine of madness.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Suddenly, I feel uncomfortable.
Don't run away just yet...

Also on the pre-purchase list, the upper windshield trim, in the center, pops out a bit on some; also confirm the pin in the t-case shifter isn't falling out already.

If you want to get really froggy, lay under the truck and make sure the t-case shifter cables are in place with no broken plastic clips

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:43 AM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom