The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Where's the confidence level in the company?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:53 AM
Reaction score
but over in your parts of the world it means something TOTALLY different. I love those type of idiosyncrasies. 😁
Aliens do find Americanisms peculiar 😉
1000027689.jpg

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:53 AM
Reaction score
I don’t disagree at all, but at the same time, I think it sounds so cool because it is grammatically incorrect. In the US we have many sayings/phrases that are GI but sound great!! What’s crazy is over here holding up two fingers like a “V” with the palm facing inward is saying peace, but over in your parts of the world it means something TOTALLY different. I love those type of idiosyncrasies. 😁
What I do find interesting (sort of IG related) is the horse drawn vehicle terms that are now used for cars.
Dashboard, literally a wooden board that stopped dash (mud and stones) hitting the passengers.
Trunk, somewhere you strapped your trunk (or your dirty boots for us Brits)
Fifth wheel was the steering mechanism pivot on a cart.
Buggy was an open wheeled cart for carrying people.
Cabriolet, coupe, sedan, station wagon, coach were all horse drawn body styles.
Estate car was a horse drawn vehicle specifically designed to move people an luggage to the grand house on an estate.
Tire was the iron ring around the wooden rim, no rubber!
Many more.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
What I do find interesting (sort of IG related) is the horse drawn vehicle terms that are now used for cars.
Dashboard, literally a wooden board that stopped dash (mud and stones) hitting the passengers.
Trunk, somewhere you strapped your trunk (or your dirty boots for us Brits)
Fifth wheel was the steering mechanism pivot on a cart.
Buggy was an open wheeled cart for carrying people.
Cabriolet, coupe, sedan, station wagon, coach were all horse drawn body styles.
Estate car was a horse drawn vehicle specifically designed to move people an luggage to the grand house on an estate.
Tire was the iron ring around the wooden rim, no rubber!
Many more.
1729502475087.gif

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
And for some strange reason Americans don't use the term "caravan".

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:53 PM
Reaction score
We do, but usually as a description for a traveling group, or as a verb (“we’re going to caravan out to the Badlands”). I’m trying to remember when I last heard it as a description for a single vehicle. We usually use “van,” or “camper van,” or “trailer,” or “RV.”

Local time
4:53 PM
Reaction score
We did exactly that back in February of this year. They took all the constructive feedback from this site and presented it to the people that can make the required changes with a stroke of the pen.

We have already seen the tow software update rolled out to address the issues found on the NA spec vehicles earlier this year. So if they want to, they can address the ‘niggles’ or even deal breakers for some on the software side of things relatively quickly. The question is do they want to allocate resources to that? There’s a concerted drive to take the Grenadier upmarket right now, without these fixes then I’m hot too hopeful of the success of that idea.

The main thing for me is that INEOS does not forget its core market base, the die hards have bought theirs, where do the next tranche of customers come from? People are cross shopping this vehicle with all sorts of things, quite a few of my friends love the Grenadier but it’s just too annoying to dive as a daily for them, and thats on one without any appreciable issues apart from a terrible HVAC system.
What would you guess the Factory Date would be that took care of most issues?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
We usually use “van,” or “camper van,” or “trailer,” or “RV.”
"Trailer" in my country conjures up trips to the tip (dump to you) and loads of soil/gravel/manure/large appliances/various bikes .
"Caravan" conjures up images of the Silk Road in Marco Polo times.
Well it does to me 😊

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

When Canadians say "caravan", we typically mean a procession of vehicles travelling together. Noun or verb. For groups of cars or trucks or RVs.

So to avoid ambiguity (e.g. "the caravan has arrived"), we stick with "trailer" or "travel trailer" or "van" or "RV" to refer to the individual camping vehicles themselves. 🤷🏻‍♂️

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You ex-British colonials certainly know how to f**k-up the ENGLISH language.
Yeah, there are a lot of reasons we split. 🤪 For starters, you “English” are too precious about “your” language, which is one of the most borrowed and stolen languages in the first place! 🤣

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom