The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Where's the confidence level in the company?

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:24 PM
Reaction score
I think Ineos knocked the ball out of the park on their first vehicle release. Few teething pains but all totally fixable.

Some things, like weatherstripping, are easily fixable in the aftermarket. Some things, like software, are also easily fixable by the manufacturer, but nearly unfixable in the aftermarket.

All that said, car manufacturing burns up a lot of cash fast, and needs unit sales to recoup all the up front costs. Let's say they've sold 20,000 units at a $80,000 factory ASP (to allow for some dealer margin). That's $1.6B of revenue. At 25% gross margin (which is generous in the auto business), that's $320M of gross margin dollars to date. How much design, production engineering, inventory, distribution, marketing has that paid for? We'll never know, and we'll never know what the supply contracts say about volumes.

I very much want Ineos Automobiles to succeed and sell another 100,000 units of the IG in the next 36 months. It serves all our interests! At the same time I would like Ineos to publish enough public information that we can keep our vehicles running for a couple decades if Sir James loses interest in fronting more cash to keep IA operating.

Fingers crossed this whole discussion is moot, but it's completely fair for us to worry how to support our Grenadiers for the long haul. More transparency would be greatly appreciated!
Very nice post! Couldn’t have said it better myself!!
1729023092004.gif

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In California - I'm not even sure it is against the law anymore to steal a car. Seems that everything will get you out on cashless bail and if no one shows up for the court date the crime never happened...
Heck there are tons of videos of people just walking into stores loading up buggies and leaving without paying and the employees can’t do anything about it. It’s CRAZY what’s going on with some of the new laws in certain states. You don’t have to believe me, Google it and watch some videos and read about many stores closing down in those areas due to the heavy theft losses. Sad really….heck I’m not telling you anything new, you live in Cali……😳

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:24 AM
Reaction score
Of course if I’m turning into a particularly tight carpark space I often wonder whether I actually have power steering. 😉
I had to take Barry yesterday to pick up 3 large wheel/ tyre combos for my hybrid van. One does what one has to do 😄
Get there very early....
1000027485.jpg

Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
I always wanted that configuration. I'd need to saw 6" off my left leg to shift though. :( My neighbor has 3 original gt40's I can drive whenever I want... that is, if I can slice the top half of my head off.

*sigh* Short people have all the fun.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I always wanted that configuration. I'd need to saw 6" off my left leg to shift though. :( My neighbor has 3 original gt40's I can drive whenever I want... that is, if I can slice the top half of my head off.

*sigh* Short people have all the fun.
1729028150283.gif

Back
Top Bottom