The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What would you say if you could ?

Annee Grenadier_girl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'll edit this as someone has mentioned negative undertones to my post !

This is not meant to be a negative or critical post, more a constructive one so please take it in the way I meant it and not as criticism of Ineos, I for one love my vehicle but I see the company for what it appears to me, poor management structure, terrible customer service and at times I have felt like they couldn't have given a crap back in the early days of ordering and buying my vehicle....some still feel this way.

I have asked this question on the FaceBook pages and I'd welcome peoples thoughts here too.

If you could ask Sir Jim Ratcliffe any questions what would you ask ?

I'm directing this at us owners or ones awaiting delivery.

I'm gathering up questions, concerns etc to direct to him via email in the hope he is made aware (which I'm not sure he is).

There are so many disillusioned people having to had/had to deal with the dire customer service, after sales, servicing, vehicles arriving missing parts, vehicles arriving at wrong locations, the dreaded "Raised a ticket" comment, updates etc etc

I wonder if Jim knows how people feel, not only owners but the exhausted staff in dealerships (Mine included)...exhausted at getting no adequate answers to tell their customers all who have had to deal with vehicles coming in to have a part fitted only to be told its out of stock, the vehicle then sitting at the dealership for weeks and then having the owner(s) say they don't want to carry on and ask for the vehicle to be taken back by the dealership.

Whilst some of us have incredible people at our dealerships others don't live anywhere near their closest one so find that they have to deal with trying to get answers from customer service who are in my opinion about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I'd welcome your comments, questions, thoughts.

Many thanks,

Annee aka Grenadier_girl (Instagram)

Last edited:

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:25 PM
Reaction score
Despite the negative undertones in your initial post, you can tell him from me that I love it, he should keep up the great work, but if he could get someone to fix the rear view mirrors that would be nice thanks very much - they’re dangerous.
Oh, and the Brissy dealer is doing a great job and Jordon deserves a pay rise.

Local time
8:25 AM
Reaction score
It sounds more of frustration than negativity, but people with anosognosia will categorize anything other than enthusiastic cheer as such.

But I'll play. I'm curious if Ineos intends on repairing cars with chronic conditions. There people that cannot get their HVAC systems to work, and who is going to buy a car like that? It's a straight up 90gusd loss for that person, but yet they do nothing. I find the prolonged struggles of these owners amazing and not the least bit reassuring.

Directly address the fate of service centers and repair manuals as owners purchased cars under that pretext.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:25 PM
Reaction score
Why would a company (and you Sir J) with so many resources allow the RHD version to be built with a 2L milk carton acting as a footwell intrusion forcing my entire left leg and knee to sit 2 inches higher than my right in any seating position and wedged hard to the overly wide console... through numerous prototypes and the obvious nature of the design flaw and defective seating outcome that remained through to production version vehicle, from a company that told us there were no quality issues? You were saying?
- I do not care about the manual!
- I do not care about mirrors, viewing angles, whatever!!
- I do not care about a few beeps and bonks for that matter!!!
- Even the lumbar support lacking seats... I mean... sure I can remedy it with foam infills!!!!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:25 PM
Reaction score
If you could ask Sir Jim Ratcliffe any questions what would you ask ?
You were faster than I did, I had on my to do list to start a thread "What would you say to Jim Ratcliffe if you met him somewhere in the wilderness driving his Grenadier?"

Of course, my complaint list corresponds mainly to yours:
  • Ineos didn't keep it's word in promising us the technical documentation.
  • Ineos didn't keep it's word in providing us service centers nearby.
  • Customer support is underperforming
  • My dealer isn't a 4x4 dedicated dealer! (This was also a promise!)
  • My dealer didn't answer my technical questions during my first year of ownership, I had to show them the additional 12V power wires in the footwell and under the hood (this has improved dramatically since I had a meeting with the staff about7 months ago).
  • Quite some "early diseases", most but not all of them solved: late delivery of accessories, a multitude of false warnings, no maintenance schedule sheet in the owner handbook, leaks at the Safari Roofs, sticking door buttons, loose bolt at stabilization bars, the doors seals become loose at all doors, wrong wiring in the roof panel buttons, water into the NATO plug connector, no possibility to reset fault codes or even service interval if you change yourself the motor oil, clock sound at a damper, airco not working, etc.
I would tell him I love the car, and would thank him for his investment in this.
I would ask him if he would be happy with unkept promises?
I would ask him if he would be happy with an undedicated 4x4 dealer as principal communication channel?
I would ask him if he would be happy with an underperforming customer service?

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
I’d thank Sir Jim and advise him to “keep it weird”. It’s by far the most interesting and fun vehicle on the market today and I honestly didn’t care how much it costed. Its eccentricities are why I wanted it. But, I guess if I could change anything, I’d like a dipstick, or a site glass, or some manual way to check the oil other than running that program thing (which I suspect will fail at some point). I’m a car guy with a rag hanging out of my back pocket. It’s what we do. - Mark

Back
Top Bottom