The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What is this clip?

Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
Crawled underneath my car to see if I can diagnose the metallic rattle on the driver side.

Found a plastic clip loose and freely sliding along this shinny plastic line above the front drive shaft. The clip itself can touch the drive shaft, depending on where it’s positioned.

1728678492693.jpeg

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:17 PM
Reaction score
Not sure 100%, but it looks like. The one in the thread i quoted looks like it broke, where yours looks like it should go back together??

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:17 AM
Reaction score
If it’s any consolation this clip broke on ours on the first country drive. They’ve changed the cable runs under there since vehicles as early as ours so this may not apply… but we have more than a couple of cable ties keeping things squared away.

Local time
5:17 PM
Reaction score
I just realized there is a zip tie holding the cable away from the drive shaft.. as such, there is no way for me re install the plastic clip.. The cable is fairly stif.. So I simply cut the clip off.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:17 AM
Reaction score
It normally happens to all. Those clips are under too much tension and is useless. When you clipped them back together, as soon as put it into low range they come apart again. Zip tie is your best friend. No point taking it to the dealer. Common issue.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:17 PM
Reaction score
It normally happens to all. Those clips are under too much tension and is useless. When you clipped them back together, as soon as put it into low range they come apart again. Zip tie is your best friend. No point taking it to the dealer. Common issue.
This... All of this.... Your cable should also have a ziptie near the transmission, that's the "OEM" fix for it...

Back
Top Bottom