The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What is it? Various (the what does this bit do thread)

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
Let me open this „what is it” thread.

I found this above the glove box. Could it be a temperature sensor?

IMG_1144.JPG

A nice and usable looking cable near the aux battery. Any ideas on this?

IMG_1163.JPG

Second position for the hood. How shall this work? Does the workshop have an extra rod for arresting the hood?

IMG_1174.JPG

Reactions: PBD

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK, 2nd, 3rd solved. Sorry didnt find the corresponding threat.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Concerning the first picture posted "above the glove box", I would guess there is a microphone behind it, therefore the holes. A temperature sensor doesn't need holes, but this is a guess.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Let me post another one, I dismounted the rear passenger floor mat to see the draining plugs and there is some kind of white strip with two metallic wires inside. I found this on both sides, but didn't understand what it is fore, and it seems to bend and go somewhere to the front, but I didn't search further myself. Anybody an idea?
20230522_183108[1].jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:44 AM
Reaction score
Concerning the first picture posted "above the glove box", I would guess there is a microphone behind it, therefore the holes. A temperature sensor doesn't need holes, but this is a guess.
I'm with you on that, and my first guess was it was a motion sensor. However a previous thread had identified there was no motion sensor present. So I've come to voice control/phone microphone but I would have expected that at a higher level.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Let me post another one, I dismounted the rear passenger floor mat to see the draining plugs and there is some kind of white strip with two metallic wires inside. I found this on both sides, but didn't understand what it is fore, and it seems to bend and go somewhere to the front, but I didn't search further myself. Anybody an idea?
View attachment 7814348
Passenger sensors for rear seat belts?

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:44 PM
Reaction score
View attachment 7814348
Don't like that...

20230522_183108[1].jpg

MACS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Found the same stuff in the drivers footwell
..clouless..
publ_IMG_1181.JPG

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
IMG_1163.JPG

They are the wire ends from the power outlets in the footwells. Each end has the bare wires which you need to connect to an accessory of your choice at one end and the battery at the other.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
View attachment 7814492

They are the wire ends from the power outlets in the footwells. Each end has the bare wires which you need to connect to an accessory of your choice at one end and the battery at the other.
Are you sure, I thought there were already fused supplies identified for the footwell outlets?

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The two footwell outlets do not have Deutsch DTP plugs installed, just a bare wire. We had been looking for the footwell wires for weeks in the DTP thread.

Yes I am 99% sure, if they look like this close up

IMG_2090.jpg

There is also a three wire version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom