The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Phred

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
What do you plan on mounting? I’m looking at this as well for either a 12.9” iPad Pro or garmin tread overland xl…..
Same…

I also bought the arm from Agile and have an iPad Pro Ram mount.
I don’t have the the GPS yet, but will use the same arm.

The arm is positioned well to swing toward me or the passenger.

I’ll snap a picture once I mount the iPad.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:22 AM
Reaction score
Same…

I also bought the arm from Agile and have an iPad Pro Ram mount.
I don’t have the the GPS yet, but will use the same arm.

The arm is positioned well to swing toward me or the passenger.

I’ll snap a picture once I mount the iPad.
Yes please and thanks. I’m curious how the 12.9 will fit, and if it will intrude on the passenger… and if it can be oriented so the passenger can use it :)

Also - can you share a link to the usb outlet? R&D… rob and duplicate!

Braydo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Got round to installing my phone mount and charger today, alongside my UHF installation from earlier. My goal was to keep as much wiring as possible hidden, and have each piece of equipment in its own place (minimising the blocking of vents and buttons, dangling cords, etc).

This was my solution, installed so that everything is removable/movable so when I'm bored I can reconfigure it all again.

Phone charger
1. Deutsch plug fitted on the Int 2 wiring tails in the footwell so I can easily switch this out for different gadgets down the track
IMG_1192.jpeg

2. USB C socket hidden behind dash panel as this cord will remain permanently connected and it is switched via the roof panel. Also this piece of trim is super easy to remove and refit if I do need to access the ports for any reason.
IMG_1190.jpeg

3. Cable running inside the door seal to Lisen MagSafe charger fitted to Click-On mount on the A pillar
IMG_1213.jpeg

UHF radio
The UHF radio unit is mounted under the rear seat, and the antenna is mounted on the roof rack on a folding bracket.
IMG_1216.jpeg
IMG_1217.jpeg

I always prefer to mount antennas on the roof for better reception, and I don't like looking at antenna's all the time. And I like to change the car configuration between urban and rural/remote travel. The antenna wiring feeds through the rear power socket on the roof, and external wiring is hidden by following the roof rack mounts and channels.
IMG_1219.jpeg
IMG_1220.jpeg

The GME UHF has all the controls on the handset. I selected the handset location to avoid hanging cords, enable all passengers to access the radio (my kids like to use it when we travel in convoy), and keep the dash clear when it's removed for urban duties.
IMG_1215.jpeg

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:22 PM
Reaction score
What is it with you past “photo contest winners” and the need to keep posting even more beautiful pics? It’s not good enough for you to win once already?! 🤷‍♂️💪🤪😎
LOL - Current roadtrip includes Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Zion, Monument Valley, Arches and maybe some easy to mid trails in Moab. I may post a couple more picts.

weeman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Got round to installing my phone mount and charger today, alongside my UHF installation from earlier. My goal was to keep as much wiring as possible hidden, and have each piece of equipment in its own place (minimising the blocking of vents and buttons, dangling cords, etc).

This was my solution, installed so that everything is removable/movable so when I'm bored I can reconfigure it all again.

Phone charger
1. Deutsch plug fitted on the Int 2 wiring tails in the footwell so I can easily switch this out for different gadgets down the track
View attachment 7875326
2. USB C socket hidden behind dash panel as this cord will remain permanently connected and it is switched via the roof panel. Also this piece of trim is super easy to remove and refit if I do need to access the ports for any reason.
View attachment 7875327
3. Cable running inside the door seal to Lisen MagSafe charger fitted to Click-On mount on the A pillar
View attachment 7875328

UHF radio
The UHF radio unit is mounted under the rear seat, and the antenna is mounted on the roof rack on a folding bracket.
View attachment 7875329View attachment 7875330

I always prefer to mount antennas on the roof for better reception, and I don't like looking at antenna's all the time. And I like to change the car configuration between urban and rural/remote travel. The antenna wiring feeds through the rear power socket on the roof, and external wiring is hidden by following the roof rack mounts and channels.
View attachment 7875331View attachment 7875332

The GME UHF has all the controls on the handset. I selected the handset location to avoid hanging cords, enable all passengers to access the radio (my kids like to use it when we travel in convoy), and keep the dash clear when it's removed for urban duties.
View attachment 7875333

Any issues running the cable through the roof socket? I assume you punched a hole through the gromet and ran the cable in from the outside and did you have to remove much internal trim to fish out the cable? I need to do the same to hard wire a solar panel soon and wondering how difficult it is going to be.

Back
Top Bottom