The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

AaronS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score

Nadir5

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:27 AM
Reaction score
A few more of our trip. None with the Grenadier in I’m afraid.
IMG_5499.jpeg
IMG_5492.jpeg
IMG_1665.jpeg

Mad Hatter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Today I ordered the parts to fit a drivers side grab handle as a few others have done on this forum. The good news is that the parts only cam to €212, which is a lot less than I expected as I’m sure someone in the US said they were charged $400+ 👍

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:27 PM
Reaction score
Today I ordered the parts to fit a drivers side grab handle as a few others have done on this forum. The good news is that the parts only cam to €212, which is a lot less than I expected as I’m sure someone in the US said they were charged $400+ 👍
I want to do the same thing, but my dealer’s service manager says there is an airbag and another sensor under the drivers side pillar and that’s why no grab handles were put there by the factory as screws could damage those items. Anyone that has installed a drivers side grab handle have any insights to this? Did you maybe use small screws? Did you know about the things under that pillar? TIA…🙏

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
I want to do the same thing, but my dealer’s service manager says there is an airbag and another sensor under the drivers side pillar and that’s why no grab handles were put there by the factory as screws could damage those items. Anyone that has installed a drivers side grab handle have any insights to this? Did you maybe use small screws? Did you know about the things under that pillar? TIA…🙏
Normal bolts (same as passenger side), there is no specific sensor that is only on the driver's side A-pillar in comparison to the passenger's side

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Normal bolts (same as passenger side), there is no specific sensor that is only on the driver's side A-pillar in comparison to the passenger's side
Wonder why he said that? I’m about to call him again to clarify. Maybe I misunderstood, but there is something behind the drivers pillar, I thought for sure I remember him saying that. Maybe I’m going cuckoo for coca puffs, which is not beyond the realm of reality!!! 🙃🤪

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wonder why he said that? I’m about to call him again to clarify. Maybe I misunderstood, but there is something behind the drivers pillar, I thought for sure I remember him saying that. Maybe I’m going cuckoo for coca puffs, which is not beyond the realm of reality!!! 🙃🤪
Probably because the vast majority of dealers have substantially less information and understanding of the product than what you'll find in the threads of this forum and love to make things up :)

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok my contact at the dealership says the drivers side pillar has a drain hose for the gutter system (both sides do), but only the drivers side has an airbag cable and that’s the concern for drilling into that. I’m still wanting to do it and see others have so guessing they are just very safe when screwing in the new grab handle. Probably take off the cover and install the grab handle first then reinstall the pillar cover. Anyone have the driver’s side grab handle installed either factory one like the pass side or the Agile Offroad ones??

Edit: ha apparently we were posting at the same time, you first while I was on the phone with him and then posted above. 🙃

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok my contact at the dealership says the drivers side pillar has a drain hose for the gutter system (both sides do), but only the drivers side has an airbag cable and that’s the concern for drilling into that. I’m still wanting to do it and see others have so guessing they are just very safe when screwing in the new grab handle.
You don't drill into anything, and where the bolts thread into are not where wires/cables are (as it is a space intended for the bolts)

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You don't drill into anything, and where the bolts thread into are not where wires/cables are (as it is a space intended for the bolts)
Thanks for ALL your help! I’ve decided to get one. Btw, I agree what you said earlier about it seems like the knowledge on this forum surpasses the dealerships and one of the reasons I joined this forum (first time for me to ever join any online forum). Now the question is do I just order another factory passenger one and flip it to use on the driver’s side or just get two of the Agile Offroad versions? Any thoughts? Do you have one of these? 👍🙏

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Now the question is do I just order another factory passenger one and flip it to use on the driver’s side or just get two of the Agile Offroad versions? Any thoughts? Do you have one of these? 👍🙏
Just order the proper one for the left side of the vehicle from Europe (y) Orrrrrr get the Agile version

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 AM
Reaction score
I just paid the annual registration on my Grenadier for the first time. (actually paid 6 months worth not 12 months)
My Grenadier was first registered on 30th October 2023 and I took delivery of it on October 31st 2023 at Ignition car centre in Brisbane.
Just under 28,000 kms on the clock now and absolutely loving it.
Max speed I can recall doing was 149 kmh indicated (92.5 MPH) while overtaking and that would be a max and infrequent limit for me. I don't think the vehicle is designed for it or really safe in an emergency situation at that speed or higher.
Typically on the motorway I would sit at 119 kph indicated (74 MPH) with cruise control set. This is a GPS 114 KPH or 71 MPH.
At that speed it cruises easily at around 10.3 L/100km or 27.4/22.8 MPG
It also easily accelerates from there to overtake.
I noticed for the first time that range to empty after a refill is showing >600 kms.

View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/bh5_1196QT8

PS I Have lost just over 25 KGS since the video was taken and another 25 kgs to go

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just order the proper one for the left side of the vehicle from Europe (y) Orrrrrr get the Agile version
Holy crap I totally whiffed it. I’m gonna order the pair from Agile to install on the Eldoret Blue one then use that pass side one that is removed to install on the Queens Red one and bam, problem solved both have handles on each side. Sometimes just taking it out with someone helps solves the problem. 👍🙌

Back
Top Bottom