The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What’s the deal with the rear headrests?

Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
l assume the smaller centre headrest is so you can see better through the rear window while driving?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:46 PM
Reaction score
To be double geeky, there has also been two versions of cover for the front headrests.
Ooh, good pick up. Maybe we will need to start a thread to track all minor iterations as production progresses.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I receive mine with the full-height headrests in the back I will be asking for them to be replaced with the recessed ones to improve rearward visibility.

Just for reference, here is how all three trim options show in the on-line Australian confingurator...

Fabric Rear Seats.jpgLeather1 Rear Seats.jpgLeather2 Rear Seats.jpg

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I actually prefer the high low high in mine. I won’t be asking for any change.
Hopefully if there’s a sufficient mix of people who prefer either option they can just swap between vehicles.

You can have mine.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hopefully if there’s a sufficient mix of people who prefer either option they can just swap between vehicles.

You can have mine.
No I like the way mine are, but yes, if they are truly interchangeable then its a good deal to do swaps.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score
I'm quite surprised from a type approval/testing point of view. I though the required tests were expensive, and a headrest change seems to be a significant change.

Reactions: PBD

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm quite surprised from a type approval/testing point of view. I thought the required tests were expensive, and a headrest change seems to be a significant change.
I assume both comply but in any case, Australian Design Rule 22A only mandates head restraints for the front outer seats.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
If I receive mine with the full-height headrests in the back I will be asking for them to be replaced with the recessed ones to improve rearward visibility.

Just for reference, here is how all three trim options show in the on-line Australian confingurator...

View attachment 7824930View attachment 7824931View attachment 7824932
The images in the configurator are exclusively renderings. So the trim doesn't matter and neither do the headrests. It's all computer made.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The images in the configurator are exclusively renderings. So the trim doesn't matter and neither do the headrests. It's all computer made.
I am aware of that. I was just highlighting that no pre-production imagery showed, nor test drive vehicles I’ve driven actually had anything other than all recessed rear head restraints.

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You wouldn’t be able to fold the rear seats down with the larger versions, you can with the smaller ones. I doubt this is a proper configuration.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
Just posted an image in another thread and thought of this one.

My M&M seat covers for the back seat. Note the headrests.

Clearly this is what Ineos told M&M would be fitted to all of the back seats.

Clearly another example of the IA factory “parts bin” in action !!

I am sure it will suit some people but my cause a problem if they pick up seat covers etc and find half the head rests don’t fit.

Attachments

• IMG_3140.jpeg
    IMG_3140.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 39

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe there is a variation between the regulations in Australian states? I thought ADRs applied in a similar way across the states by maybe the commercial vehicle classification requires a change in a specific state.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe there is a variation between the regulations in Australian states? I thought ADRs applied in a similar way across the states by maybe the commercial vehicle classification requires a change in a specific state.
As far as I am aware ADRs for vehicle type approval are national. States have some varying rules on aftermarket modifications but not on the type approval.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Is yours a utility or wagon?
Trialmaster

However my point is, I don’t believe there are two seat packs available from M&M. It’s just one set fits all.

Or in this case, maybe not !!

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Watching the Robert Pepper touring video the car he sampled had the larger rear headrests, was a Trialmaster with standard interior? He has a bit of trouble getting the headrests out in his rush to fold down the rear seats.

Pepper Head Rest 1.jpg
Pepper Head Rest 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom