The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

water in passenger footwell (RHD vehicle)

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
2476CAE9-4B67-4A35-96F1-78638ABF5F25.jpeg
78ACBC55-4A9F-477D-9C0A-421A8BD69D09.jpeg

I wonder if I put lagging on these pipes to solve the drips of water caused by condensation. Stripping to this stage take 1/2 hour when you know how to. Not sure if you need to take out the heater box though.

Attachments

• F4B9DA52-84D0-4AB3-9865-165DCE4ADECB.jpeg
    F4B9DA52-84D0-4AB3-9865-165DCE4ADECB.jpeg
    939.3 KB · Views: 49
  • ACC3343C-923A-4737-9C7F-E2D642D0848F.jpeg
    ACC3343C-923A-4737-9C7F-E2D642D0848F.jpeg
    828.8 KB · Views: 63

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can someone take a pic and post what their cabin filter looks like? It’s just one 10mm nut to remove and two locking tabs to pop it off. Seems to be a rare occurrence so perhaps I’m missing an additional cover here. I checked to make sure the water drains from that area and it does. Only leaks when driving in the rain, perfectly dry when just sitting outside regardless of how hard it rains.
This is mine when car is off. The flap should be closed. Mine doesn’t have the issue leaking when it rains. Only drips from the aircon pipe.

Attachments

• B7EBD31B-1FB9-46BD-B6F6-94D6AF5B53F9.jpeg
    B7EBD31B-1FB9-46BD-B6F6-94D6AF5B53F9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58

Maskinut

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
My issue is definitely rain-related.
* Drove 4k miles with AC on, no rain, no water in passenger footwell.
* Thunderstorm, drive 30 seconds (ac still on) and my feet started getting dripped on pretty significantly and you could see it streaming in form the dash.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My issue is definitely rain-related.
* Drove 4k miles with AC on, no rain, no water in passenger footwell.
* Thunderstorm, drive 30 seconds (ac still on) and my feet started getting dripped on pretty significantly and you could see it streaming in form the dash.
Are you seeing the water coming into the passenger footwell or drivers side when using the AC in the rain? I have the issue of it pulling water through the cabin filter vent on the passenger side, which stops completely when switched to recirculation (closing the vent). Looking at the cabin filter/vent with the cover off it seems to pull the water right through. Solved completely (for now until fixed by dealer) by switching over to recirculate.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you seeing the water coming into the passenger footwell or drivers side when using the AC in the rain? I have the issue of it pulling water through the cabin filter vent on the passenger side, which stops completely when switched to recirculation (closing the vent). Looking at the cabin filter/vent with the cover off it seems to pull the water right through. Solved completely (for now until fixed by dealer) by switching over to recirculate.
Hi @Andiamo, many vehicles have exactly this problem. So does my vehicle, by the way. You have described it exactly. Ineos recognises the problem in connection with the heat exchanger. There are leaks here that need to be repaired. As I understand it, however, the entire dashboard has to be removed to fix it. The effort involved is not insignificant.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Are you seeing the water coming into the passenger footwell or drivers side when using the AC in the rain…
Hi @Andiamo, many vehicles have exactly this problem. So does my vehicle...
Just last weekend I encountered water drips on the driver side rubber floor mat (LHD). Only on the mat and not under it. First real test of the AC in high heat & humidity, but absolutely zero rain.

Is this what you both are referring to?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just last weekend I encountered water drips on the driver side rubber floor mat (LHD). Only on the mat and not under it. First real test of the AC in high heat & humidity, but absolutely zero rain.

Is this what you both are referring to?
Hi @Tom109 as stupid as it sounds. There are two types of water droplets. If you drive for a long time when the outside temperature is high and the air conditioning is switched to very cool, the water mainly drips onto the floor mats on both sides directly at the air vent openings on the centre tunnel.
The other issue occurs when you drive in heavy rain. Then the water drips from the filter housing under the glove compartment onto the floor mat, as well described by @Andiamo.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@rovie - thanks for that clarification. We have driven in a lot of rain but no drips. Sounds like I have condensation, which I will add to the dealer fix it list.

Maskinut

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was driving in heavy rain and most likely had the AC and recirc on. At other times I was driving with the AC on and heavy rain and I'm guessing maybe no recirc as the water was less intense. Anyone know how long it needed to be in the shop for the dash out repair?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was driving in heavy rain and most likely had the AC and recirc on. At other times I was driving with the AC on and heavy rain and I'm guessing maybe no recirc as the water was less intense. Anyone know how long it needed to be in the shop for the dash out repair?
Currently the fix is from Ineos is to change the micro filter/cabin filter. The new filter has foam on. Personally I doubt it would fix it. Got my car back yesterday and yet to test out. Waiting for a hot day.

Basically the micro filter when new did have black foam on. Then went for an annual service and they changed it to a plain white Ineos micro filter. Now it’s got foam on again 🤔

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:34 AM
Reaction score

Hopefully, you could get it fixed with first TSB.

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Hopefully, you could get it fixed with first TSB.
I hope so too. The reason why I’m doubtful is the droplets is from the side of the central console (passenger side) running down onto the floor. It’s no where near the cabin filter or underneath.

Back
Top Bottom