The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Vehicle mounted twin air compressor

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
Touring with this Dunn and Watson at present. Single drawer set up to keep it as light as possible. My other wagon has twin drawers and prefer the single now, open up and everything is there. I was going to put a full width top on it and fill the sides but undecided now having used it. I have a D&W drop fridge slide to fit later so might be better with the top on so I can fit the slide to the far left. I'm finding it handy at present using dead space either side of the drawers for throwing 'stuff' in...

View attachment 7834096
View attachment 7834097

View attachment 7834098
my frined this is very impressive !! nicely done !!!
quick question how did you anchor the drawers to the l track ?

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
As in the spare tire? I'm not sure if that would work on a number of levels, paramount being the need to access the lugnuts to remove the tire itself.
Yes, correct the space wheel locking box. Good point, although, I think I could resolve that by developing some quick (dis)connect mount to pull the compressor if I'd ever need to remove the spare tire. Aside from this, I'd need to find some way to route the power cables to the interior (it already has a beefy plug, so, I'd just need to run a loom to the interior). I'll check it out when I get the vehicle. If there are other factors to consider, I'd love to hear them.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:27 AM
Reaction score
Yes, correct the space wheel locking box. Good point, although, I think I could resolve that by developing some quick (dis)connect mount to pull the compressor if I'd ever need to remove the spare tire. Aside from this, I'd need to find some way to route the power cables to the interior (it already has a beefy plug, so, I'd just need to run a loom to the interior). I'll check it out when I get the vehicle. If there are other factors to consider, I'd love to hear them.
The storage box is probably OK for hoses, straps, etc., but I do not see it as a viable long-term storage - especially for something like a compressor! I'd consider myself lucky if it survived a few years of hard use.

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
Interested why you went with a twin compressor setup v. single?

Are you going larger tyres?

I think stock Grenadier tyres can be inflated from 14psi to at least 35psi in less than 6 minutes each = around 24 minutes running time.
I have a single and also the twin portable in a case. I have 8 tyres to inflate... was easy enough to re-purpose the twin and hard mount it using the nato hot 12+. Short cable run = minimal voltage drop. :)

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
my frined this is very impressive !! nicely done !!!
quick question how did you anchor the drawers to the l track ?
I was in two minds to lift the track off or not. Ended up using the track and track lugs - easy as. I'll end up with the fridge slide being easily removable via 4 bolts/rivnuts..

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have a closer shot of the twin air compressor, the bracket? It looks like it is mounted on an L track.
Yes, mounted on L track using the two ring ties and two additional bolts via rivnuts. Packing is required in front and behind the wheel arch liner to take up the slack and make for a firm attachment.

compressor install.jpg

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was in two minds to lift the track off or not. Ended up using the track and track lugs - easy as. I'll end up with the fridge slide being easily removable via 4 bolts/rivnuts..
i have the same thought . i am looking for the flush mounting L track female bolts , but unfortunately only one german company makes them . They are not selling me any . :( need to figure something out.

Tinki

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Have you checked the L track providers listed here?
Yes my friend i had a look . But unfortunately no one sell them. what i am looking for is aerospace grade hardware ( sounds fancy ) . Looking for something like the below . Company that makes them is called all safe . THey have a huge catalogue with everything L track . I know that something similar exists which is essentially a flat piece of metal with two holes on it but i do not trust it enough to bolt 100 kg of drawer+ cargo to it .
1701210672055.png

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes my friend i had a look . But unfortunately no one sell them. what i am looking for is aerospace grade hardware ( sounds fancy ) . Looking for something like the below . Company that makes them is called all safe . THey have a huge catalogue with everything L track . I know that something similar exists which is essentially a flat piece of metal with two holes on it but i do not trust it enough to bolt 100 kg of drawer+ cargo to it .
View attachment 7834337
Another 'parameter' to consider is how well the Ineos installed tracks themselves are fastened in place and what loads they are expected to restrain for example in a roll-over. I've been unsuccessful in finding this data...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Another 'parameter' to consider is how well the Ineos installed tracks themselves are fastened in place and what loads they are expected to restrain for example in a roll-over. I've been unsuccessful in finding this data...
A rollover can be 5km/hr , 150 or even higher - off a cliff!
Not sure if any mfr would have that data.
I still use the "that's going nowhere" in my belt and braces approach to securing loads.
Even though worst case scenario will be bad whatever precautions are taken.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:27 AM
Reaction score
Plus a twin inflate can handle dual and quad inflate set ups allowing you to inflate multiple tires at once at a quicker rate.
Even if you got a cheap Chinese knockoff twin compressor by Morrflate like I did. Not sure what they are a knockoff of (but that's what I was told here), since it has a digital pressure controller that lets you just set the pressure and it auto-shuts off. With their 4 tire hose setup, I'll turn it on and let it do it's thing. Apparently it'll do 4 35's from 20-35 psi in under 10 minutes.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Even if you got a cheap Chinese knockoff twin compressor by Morrflate like I did. Not sure what they are a knockoff of (but that's what I was told here), since it has a digital pressure controller that lets you just set the pressure and it auto-shuts off. With their 4 tire hose setup, I'll turn it on and let it do it's thing. Apparently it'll do 4 35's from 20-35 psi in under 10 minutes.
I'm on a group buy that I tripped upon from Bronco reddit group. I'll be buying the twin with 30% off. I thinks it's a deal.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in the USA the group buy is still open until Nov 30th. You have spend a minimum of 150 dollars but you get 30% off over everything. I can send you the link via DM. Let me know.

explorersoverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
Very useful to see everyone's solution in this thread!

I installed the compressor under/behind the passenger seat on an aluminum diamond plate.
The compressor is connected to the INT2 switch for on/off. The air hose goes to the battery compartment, which then goes to both sides via a T-junction to the air connectors.

Attachments

• IMG_9744.jpeg
    IMG_9744.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 203
  • FD3F3434-5768-427D-B438-A2B22B8E2947.JPG
    FD3F3434-5768-427D-B438-A2B22B8E2947.JPG
    921.7 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0053 2.jpeg
    IMG_0053 2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 193

MarkusN

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:27 AM
Reaction score
How is the compressor bracket mounted onto the body?

Hello TheDocAUS:

I used the anchoring of the fastening ring at the rear right (standard). I made a bushing to bridge the recess. This is connected to the rear plate of the air compressor. If the distance is correct, the side bolts/nuts of the compressor can be fastened to the back plate.
I did not want to drill any holes etc. The only thing I had to change was the cable harness feed-through in the lower small cover. I routed the wiring harness to the front of the auxiliary battery.

Regards Markus

Back
Top Bottom