The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas USA Payload Stickers

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:27 PM
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes The top is the trialmaster and bottom of fieldmaster. Look at the tire size and we know dealers have a trialmaster and fieldmaster. Also. The demo trialmaster has a winch on them
Wonder where the station wagon falls, or if it is purely specified equipment?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Wonder where the station wagon falls, or if it is purely specified equipment?
I would imagine it’s just based on the spec. The only unique thing about the Belstaffs is they neatly package options, but I don’t think any of those options are limited to those models.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:27 PM
Reaction score
I would imagine it’s just based on the spec. The only unique thing about the Belstaffs is they neatly package options, but I don’t think any of those options are limited to those models.
Grabbed this from the owners manual, T= Trialmaster, F = Fieldmaster.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231124-153959.png
    Screenshot_20231124-153959.png
    198 KB · Views: 72

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps someone already mentioned this ... given that this is on a "Tire" decal/sticker and there are 4 tires (tyres), perhaps the weight listed is multiplied by 4 to achieve a total vehicular of ~2416lbs?? What do you think Smart People?🧐🧐
These are great rough numbers. Each vehicle should have its own payload based on how it was shipped from the factory. I'm guessing dealer installed options will not figure into that, but the winch will.

A quick run through on canitowthis.com breaks down like so:
1700872768827.png

I calculated the Curb weight as GVWR - payload and GCVWR as GVWR + 7716 (tow rating). 600 lbs combined for passengers and cargo, slice it any way you like it.

These exceed the published launch capabilities of the Bronco.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:27 AM
Reaction score
All weights are based on the station wagon, add options (subtract payload) my optioned wagon is 2950kgs (6503lbs) with a tank of diesel and driver.
Winch, r/rack, sliders, roo bar, scrub bars, ladder, cargo barrier.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Compare the gladiator numbers when the Quartermaster or LWB arrives. For the station wagon the better comparison would be against a Wrangler Rubicon.
I was interested in a gladiator Mojave, payload was 990lbs give or take a few pounds.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Compare the gladiator numbers when the Quartermaster or LWB arrives. For the station wagon the better comparison would be against a Wrangler Rubicon.
What's this LWB you speak of?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I've seen predictions of a station wagon on the longer wheelbase of the Quartermaster.
Do you have any pictures?
I've heard this from US members but nothing from anyone else. IA certainly dont have any plans that I've seen, I have a feeling it's more hopeful thinking but happy to be proven wrong.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Do you have any pictures?
I've heard this from US members but nothing from anyone else. IA certainly dont have any plans that I've seen, I have a feeling it's more hopeful thinking but happy to be proven wrong.
No pics, it's just a prediction. It may be one of the future models after the EV, but nobody knows except the inner circle at this point.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:27 PM
Reaction score
AM I reading this right, that the rears are at 49psi? Yikes that's high.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
1351 lbs is mildly disappointing, less than a Gladiator

And it's the exact same as the Rubicon so kinda wondering how it's calculated.
I think the trialmaster that is shown is for the dealer demo so fully loaded with winch and rock sliders which gets you to the Rubicon with nothing on it.

Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
Payload_Trialmaster_Adam.jpg

This payload sticker was posted by the owner who is on this forum. It is for a Trialmaster with Safari windows, but not with a winch [slight edit]. The payload is 1,376 pounds (624 kg).

It is worth remembering that the specs in the Ineos brochure are for maximum possible payload (and maximum possible towing), which is how all manufacturers present payload and towing specs for their vehicles. For the petrol Grenadier, max payload is 1,916 pounds (871 kg), which is right around what they promised all those years ago (the stated goal during vehicle development was 2,000 pounds).

However, almost no one ever buys a vehicle with the max specs, because pretty much every option a buyer ticks adds weight to the vehicle, thereby decreasing its payload.

A payload of 1,376 pounds for a midsize 4x4 is considered very good in the North American market (we don't have the 70-series Landcruiser here, which is a payload beast).

A Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - similarly equipped to the Trialmaster mentioned above - will have a payload of around 850-880 pounds (steel bumpers, lockers, no winch).

A lot of similarly equipped midsize pickup trucks (e.g. Tacoma, Gladiator) will have payloads around 1,000-1,200 pounds; I just looked at a Gladiator Rubicon with a payload of 1,083 pounds, and my Tacoma is 1,100 pounds. The Ford Ranger does quite a bit better: 1,200- 1,800 pounds - depending on options.

A well-equipped Power Wagon - which is clearly in a different class of vehicle - with solid axles front and rear, lockers front and rear, steel bumpers, a winch, heated seats, and a spray-in bedliner - has a payload of 1,510 pounds. The frame and full-float axles on the Power Wagon are heavy duty, and are the exact same frame and axles that are spec'd to carry a payload of over 4,000 pounds on other Ram 2500s. The limiting factor with the Power Wagon is its suspension: the springs are soft in order to achieve maximum articulation off-road. A very easy spring swap can get you a functional payload of 2,000 pounds - if that is something an owner wanted to do.

Conclusion: the Trialmaster version results in a drop in payload from 1,916 pounds (base petrol Grenadier), to 1,376 pounds. That's a drop of 540 pounds (without a winch). I would guess that you lose another 50-75 pounds with a winch. But nevertheless, a payload of 1,300 - 1,400 pounds for a "triple-locked" midsize 4x4 (here in North America) is quite good.

Last edited:

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
^ that's me.

I have no winch, but do technically have the tow PKG and safari roof - which I'm betting is a bit heavier than without. Also front and rear lockers aren't light.

Local time
3:27 AM
Reaction score
^ that's me.

I have no winch, but do technically have the tow PKG and safari roof - which I'm betting is a bit heavier than without. Also front and rear lockers aren't light.
Great to see you enjoying your new Grenadier! Hope you have many happy miles.

Back
Top Bottom