The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Undocumented Features / Idiosyncrasies

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
It is just a plastic panel so doesn’t have structural strength. The reason is that the first aid kit and triange is stuffed in like a fat girl’s shoe.. I may be relocating the first aid kit for this reason.
however, I’ll wait for the rear table to be installed first and they all on back order.
I think there’s plenty of room under the drivers and Co-drivers seat for first aid and triangle.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:32 PM
Reaction score
Have you got the table then? I understand they’re on back order.
No it’s missing. That’s why I wrote that the inner back door looks the same. To be honest I thought that the table would need the space of this compartment…

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Just to add, I got the call from the agent that mine had arrived, so this afternoon I popped down. I can confirm that my door panel looks perfect:
WP_20230428_038.jpgWP_20230428_039.jpg

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
😁

No definitely in the boot just not in the door panel.

What was missing was the half height cargo barrier ~ I thought that was a factory fit item?

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
😁

No definitely in the boot just not in the door panel.

What was missing was the half height cargo barrier ~ I thought that was a factory fit item?
In AU the barrier is a dealer fit

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks ~ my confusion is it comes up with an asterisk (and so agent/dealer fit) if you specify it with either of the Belstaff editions as an accessory; but if you start with the commercial N1 variant it's standard fit and not asterisked and actually not even listed on the Order Summary.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been spotted but I found the “trip” button today. It’s at the end of the left hand stalk.

it allows you to toggle through mpg, gallons per hour, and other averages as well as remaining adblue range.. Neat ..

Attachments

• IMG_0941.jpeg
    IMG_0941.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0940.jpeg
    IMG_0940.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 124

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:32 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
Just a little more exploration of the vehicle; I wanted to see if I could keep my magmount (temporary), amber beacon on when the vehicle is off, shut and locked. Now, the manual suggests that to flick the PWR switch on the overhead array will do just that, by turning the auxillary sockets on.
Now I tried my phone into the USB sockets and no, they were not on with the ignition on, (cue dark muttering about build mistakes or poor quality)
So I then tried my amber beacons in the 12V power socket in the centre cubby and the loadspace socket and yes, it works, even with the ignition off!

I have just had a hunt through the owners manual to see if it tells me what should work when the PWR switch is operated, but no, there is no mention of the roof switches at all.

The mini guide does detail the roof switches and says that "Power switch leaves 12V / USB power on when vehicle is switched off". So nearly true! Ineos need to decide what was intended and whether to change anything.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I bet somebody has nicked the warning triangle and first aid kit….!
Well, I'll eat my words, and apologise to anyone for saying different, but mine arrived with a bulging panel.

What's worse is that it's only the first aid kit in there, my warning triangle has apparently walked...

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Well, I'll eat my words, and apologise to anyone for saying different, but mine arrived with a bulging panel.

What's worse is that it's only the first aid kit in there, my warning triangle has apparently walked...
Is it bulging because someone forced it shut over a bulging first aid kit?
Or is the plastic flimsy/poorly made?
Very likely I will reinforce mine as in my experience these things aren't up to the task of frequent use.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is it bulging because someone forced it shut over a bulging first aid kit?
Well the first aid kit is still in it's shrink wrapping, but does bulge in a place or two.
Or is the plastic flimsy/poorly made?
It's definitely a flimsy panel.
Very likely I will reinforce mine as in my experience these things aren't up to the task of frequent use.
Yes, might see what I have lying about later. It will have to be thin and maybe glued to the interior face...

On the positive side ~ when did it become standard to include such items? JLR would have it as a £75 option.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

The warning triangle is in my first aid kit.
I took out the high visibility vests. Because I need them directly in the access in case of an emergency. And everything was good. The lid was then no longer bulging.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
The warning triangle is in my first aid kit.
I took out the high visibility vests. Because I need them directly in the access in case of an emergency. And everything was good. The lid was then no longer bulging.
I keep all that stuff under my seat/passenger seat. If someone runs into the back door it might be impossible to open.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
maybe an off-cut of the 3mm chequer plate I'll purchase once measured up the wings will do the trick.
Good idea. I wouldn't be surprised if an aftermarket solution will be available too. I only saw the cover on the PTOs at the drive event but I was not impressed by the cover. The photos/videos I have seen of the production versions do not appear to be any better.

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Please will the first person who finds out how to disable the seatbelt feature post it here!
Just clip it in and sit on top of it. That's what I do whenever I'm on an estate fishing and I'm heading short distances between beats. Otherwise I'm belted up.

Back
Top Bottom