The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Tyre pressure warning

mfeuerer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone provide guidance on turning off the high pressure warning light? Don’t even know why they’re on in the first place.

Attachments

• IMG_2561.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 20

douggie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Offroad -> Temperature Highlight the three bars and selected Set RCP

“Reset Cold Pressure” operation, it can also be dive under Settings Vehicle Functions somewhere too

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
The range is about 10 psi, for example, If I set the cold tire pressure to 36psi in the morning, after driving for a few hours, I would get high tire pressure warning as they reach 46psi. This tends to happen when the trip started from a colder climate.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:38 PM
Reaction score
When ours we picked up from the dealer, the PSI was set to heavy load. However, we don't often run a heavy load and when we do its just for a few miles. On a longer run down the TPM gave a warning. The car also started to feel a little light on the steering causing a bit of over correction.

Once we realised the PSI was too high, we dropped it down to light load (2 people) and it hasn't come on since. It still rises on use, as all tyres do, but all is good. Plus, the car is more stable and no more overcorrecting.

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 AM
Reaction score
I would venture to guess, actually I’m quite certain, any of you experiencing large pressure fluctuations in their tires have very moist air in those tires. I would suggest getting them filled with nitrogen. You will of course read that nitrogen changes pressure with temperature, yada yada. The reason nitrogen primarily is more stable is it is free from moisture which expands and contracts at MUCH greater rates than air’s other components. This is why aircraft use nitrogen as they can leave the ground at 100 degrees, cruise for hours in temps below -40, then land still having sufficient pressure.

This is always a big to do, people are very opinionated on this subject. I will say this; I have a fleet of on road emergency vehicles with nitrogen in the tires. I own an aircraft with nitrogen in its tires. I have a Grenadier and a couple other personal vehicles with nitrogen in their tires. I do this because it works better in my experience. Period.

Nitrogen can be had at many, but not all tire shops. I believe Costco still has it available. It can also be acquired from welding/compressed gas vendors which are everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom