The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Overall warning telltale

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
I called the agency and they said it was connected to the emergency breakdown button. So we came to a sort of deal - if I break down I'll call them. He suggested I didn't push the SOS button to test it - which seemed sound advice to me!
Ok, so it is the e-call system? I had this problem twice after a low battery level. All other lights went away after charging but the e-call failure. The dealer solved it by replacing the starter battery. Since then everything went well without any unexpected yellow or red lights.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:56 PM
Reaction score
Ok, so it is the e-call system? I had this problem twice after a low battery level. All other lights went away after charging but the e-call failure. The dealer solved it by replacing the starter battery. Since then everything went well without any unexpected yellow or red lights.
I was under the impression that emergency e-call systems ( now I believe mandatory since 2018 on new cars in the UK and EU) had small internal rechargeable batteries, aka central heating system timers. And I wonder whether dealers replace these at the same time as the starter battery. Apparently they should be changed every 4 years.

Last edited:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:56 PM
Reaction score
I was under the impression that emergency e-call systems ( now I believe mandatory since 2018 on new cars in the UK and EU) had small internal rechargeable batteries, aka central heating system timers. And I wonder whether dealers replace these at the same time as the starter battery. Apparently they should be changed every 4 years.
The ordered this batteries as well, but after monitoring the voltage of the main battery over some days in various situations the decided ti swap this. Since then no failure occurred and the voltage did not fall from 80% to 7 % within 5 days in the parking lot anymore. But presumably there are many possible reasons for one and the same fault.

Back
Top Bottom