The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

TV Advert released

Ineos.Overland

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
Not a fan of the commercial. Seem more like an instagram post than a tv advertisement. No highlights of the features and capabilities that set it apart from "average" competitors. This rig is definitely not a Gwagen or Range Rover. Put it in the wild, tracking through epic scenery.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:51 PM
Reaction score
Just brought myself to watch that advert. Looks like it was designed and produced by an 18yr old Gaming designer.

It reminded me of a Jurassic Park digital game.

Marks out of 10……..4 !!

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Overall, I like the ad. Almost seems like there should be a voiceover of like a witch, saying “something wicked, this Way comes“.

Considering that most people have never seen one. I think the dark style with the ability to focus on just a small bit of it at a time and then the reveal all at the end is about as an effective technique as you can do.

It’s an intro to the vehicle. It’s not the sale ad, it’s the announcement ad. What would you expect, some feature by feature comparison with what?

I think for the next ad they should leverage, sir Jim. Have him on top of a mountain in Wales or Scotland. He he couldn’t get the 4 x 4 he wanted with specific technology and parts. He starts to describe the cool bits, and as he describes him, they cut to a Grenadier going up a hill with the camera highlighting the tech he is talking about. As he finishes describing it, the grenadier crests the top of the ridge he’s on and slams down next to him. And he says “so I built it” . “It’s good to be a British billionaire knight, for me- and you…”

Sir Jim opens the passenger door and inside Is Hamilton driving the grenadier. Hamilton just asks the question “where do you want to go”.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Ad would be banned within 2 days for inaccuracies, as the car couldn’t outpace a fighter jet.

The 90’s, the world was a much better place, and most of us were already in our 30’s or 40’s 😂

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
First time I’ve seen an IG in a print advert. This is in the new July/Aug issue of Tread IMG_0841.jpeg

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pretty sure the Ad would be banned within 2 days for inaccuracies, as the car couldn’t outpace a fighter jet.

The 90’s, the world was a much better place, and most of us were already in our 30’s or 40’s 😂
👀

I was 10 or 11 when that aired.

Must be why I still believe it today 😁

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Contrast this with the new youTube film of EVA Zu Beck who has been chosen as an ambassador for the new Landcruiser.
I akin that to Ineos' choice of giving Scott Brady a Grenadier for a year (plus some now) in Africa and then a Quartermaster here in the US... Neither is very relatable to the average owner, nor doing things that the average person will do.

Personally, advertising that focuses on customers actual experiences would work better... But I digress, I understand I'm very biased about this

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:51 PM
Reaction score
Hold a contest: Best 30 seconds of uncut GoPro footage from forum members, with no extra soundtrack or talking, and then just a “Grenadier” overlay in the final seconds. There’s your commercial. Repeat every month. #armchairexpert 🙃

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Personally, advertising that focuses on customers actual experiences would work better... But I digress, I understand I'm very biased about this
I agree and that is what we have been watching for how long now...here on the forum, YouTube, from Ineos and really whatever we could do or find and share here. (y)

The Ad is a teaser...get off the sofa and check out this mysterious beast [plenty of material out there]...Built For More, life, fun, adventure, or whatever can happen when you are off the couch;)

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:51 PM
Reaction score
Hold a contest: Best 30 seconds of uncut GoPro footage from forum members, with no extra soundtrack or talking, and then just a “Grenadier” overlay in the final seconds. There’s your commercial. Repeat every month. #armchairexpert 🙃
Thats a very smart idea! Back in the day the Mitsubishi Montero club constantly tried to save them from eating themselves and destroying the business. From engineering and product advice to marketing. During a few seconds of listening this commercial was developed. After that of course it was all down hill. We even designed a Grenadier like rig on the cheap with off the shelf parts for them....Then they gave us the crappy cross over junk :(

Local time
Reaction score
Just saw an ad during the Mid-Ohio Indycar race on NBC. I'm pretty sure it was a local ad buy (DFW) vs a national buy.

Back
Top Bottom