The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Trifecta of Annoyance - ADAS, TPMS & Tire Rotations, Engine Oil Service Reset

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Lane assist warning doesnt bother me as that is very quiet.
The overspeed clicks are too loud but I find that if you lift momentarily and then put the pedal down again and keep the speed at just above the limit then you only hear one click.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:26 AM
Reaction score
Lane assist warning doesnt bother me as that is very quiet.
The overspeed clicks are too loud but I find that if you lift momentarily and then put the pedal down again and keep the speed at just above the limit then you only hear one
Whatever you like. Again the fact some people are happy to accept stupidity is cool. I just don’t get why it is those of you that are happy to accept stupidity think everyone who isn’t should just “accept” stupidity. These things were supposed to be resolved months ago, instead Ineos goes radio quiet, gives owners the middle finger and goes on to make Arcane Works, goes on to resolve none of the problems in the name of selling more vehicles. Software doesn’t take this long to patch.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:26 PM
Reaction score
Whatever you like. Again the fact some people are happy to accept stupidity is cool. I just don’t get why it is those of you that are happy to accept stupidity think everyone who isn’t should just “accept” stupidity.
We don't get a choice. So, if it's out of our control, why waste energy on it?
Technically, the UK never ratified the EU rules on ADAS. So, we could be exempt from them, too, but the manufacturers are not issuing UK-specific software.

Local time
10:26 AM
Reaction score
Whatever you like. Again the fact some people are happy to accept stupidity is cool. I just don’t get why it is those of you that are happy to accept stupidity think everyone who isn’t should just “accept” stupidity. These things were supposed to be resolved months ago, instead Ineos goes radio quiet, gives owners the middle finger and goes on to make Arcane Works, goes on to resolve none of the problems in the name of selling more vehicles. Software doesn’t take this long to patch.
You are simply having an online tantrum. While I understand that you are miserable , nothing you say or do here or anywhere else will change the fact that you clearly don’t like your Grenadier.
I purchased a 2020 GMC Denali 2500 that had a structural or cab shape issue that resulted in the doors moving and clunking over even slight bumps. The dealer couldn’t adjust them so they didn’t rattle, I could not do it and a couple of body shops couldn’t. It was a vehicle that would never be correct in my book. I was never going to be satisfied with that truck… The best day in my ownership of that truck was the day I traded it in 2 years later and said “see ya!”…
Do yourself a favor and get rid of your Grenadier. There is simply no need to insult people who like theirs by calling them “fanboys” or suggesting that there is something wrong with them. You will be happier and life goes on.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You are simply having an online tantrum. While I understand that you are miserable , nothing you say or do here or anywhere else will change the fact that you clearly don’t like your Grenadier.
I purchased a 2020 GMC Denali 2500 that had a structural or cab shape issue that resulted in the doors moving and clunking over even slight bumps. The dealer couldn’t adjust them so they didn’t rattle, I could not do it and a couple of body shops couldn’t. It was a vehicle that would never be correct in my book. I was never going to be satisfied with that truck… The best day in my ownership of that truck was the day I traded it in 2 years later and said “see ya!”…
Do yourself a favor and get rid of your Grenadier. There is simply no need to insult people who like theirs by calling them “fanboys” or suggesting that there is something wrong with them. You will be happier and life goes on.
And you think people that aren’t happy should accept being told that they should suck it up? Funny how insults thrown at the unhappy people are totally ok. So long as no one tells the happy people that they are simply too happy to accept the faults in the vehicle. So you be happy, drink the koolaid and go on with accepting mediocrity. I on the other hand will deal with Ineos and my dealer and get the problems solved. While you keep accepting that you « can’t do anything »

Local time
Reaction score
And you think people that aren’t happy should accept being told that they should suck it up? Funny how insults thrown at the unhappy people are totally ok. So long as no one tells the happy people that they are simply too happy to accept the faults in the vehicle. So you be happy, drink the koolaid and go on with accepting mediocrity. I on the other hand will deal with Ineos and my dealer and get the problems solved. While you keep accepting that you « can’t do anything »

More tantrum…

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
More tantrum…
I’m so glad that simply debating is now a tantrum. Again you simply think because you “accept” sub par, everyone should. I’m happy for you, the fact you accept mediocrity and it makes you content cool. Again not everyone needs to be as accepting as you. We don’t have to agree. But I forget that in 2024 we aren’t allowed to disagree anymore. Everything is black and white now. So you go on and be happy with mediocrity, and I’ll go on and work to get problems solved. You accept no as an answer, I’ll fight for the solution.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:26 PM
Reaction score
maybe everyone here should just stop a second and rethink whether this argument brings him nearer to his goal.
As the use cases are as different as the real problems of the individual Grenadier and furthermore the acceptance for those problems/faults is obviously neither the same for everyone, it’s quite senseless to tell others here what is right or wrong.
The forum is to share the own experiences. If they are bad others won’t change them by telling that it’s just a matter of the right view.
But it will neither help to call everyone who has a different point of view a „Ineos fanboy“.
It’s not Facebook here an not a kindergarten.

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:26 AM
Reaction score
I’m so glad that simply debating is now a tantrum. Again you simply think because you “accept” sub par, everyone should. I’m happy for you, the fact you accept mediocrity and it makes you content cool. Again not everyone needs to be as accepting as you. We don’t have to agree. But I forget that in 2024 we aren’t allowed to disagree anymore. Everything is black and white now. So you go on and be happy with mediocrity, and I’ll go on and work to get problems solved. You accept no as an answer, I’ll fight for the solution.

Dude - sell it and move on.....we get it you are very frustrated. Life is too short, find something that doesn't cause you so much grief.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
maybe everyone here should just stop a second and rethink whether this argument brings him nearer to his goal.
As the use cases are as different as the real problems of the individual Grenadier and furthermore the acceptance for those problems/faults is obviously neither the same for everyone, it’s quite senseless to tell others here what is right or wrong.
The forum is to share the own experiences. If they are bad others won’t change them by telling that it’s just a matter of the right view.
But it will neither help to call everyone who has a different point of view a „Ineos fanboy“.
It’s not Facebook here a not a kindergarten.
I agree, but when people basically tell those of us that are unhappy to eat extra Cheerios, or just adjust the way we drive, or be happy with sub par, it becomes pretty tiring. There’s too much pit up and shut up from people here sometimes. It seems you can’t have a thread about issues without someone telling you to stop complaining and just suck it up. Those people who are happy to accept and suck it up. Cool you do you. But don’t come on St thread where people are discussing what they don’t like, and tell them to just get rid of your truck. I guess some people are happy to tell others how they should feel

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Dude - sell it and move on.....we get it you are very frustrated. Life is too short, find something that doesn't cause you so much grief.
Why? I should just let a company do nothing? Take a 30k loss and allow the company to not fix their product? I guess people have become more complacent these days. I didn’t know fighting for a proper fix was now the wrong thing to do

Local time
Reaction score
…I guess some people are happy to tell others how they should feel
And that is exactly what you are doing here…
You are the one slinging insults because you don’t like responses. I will say it again and then I promise I’ll will be quiet.
No vehicle is perfect. All auto forums and groups are full of complaints like yours. I complain about every single vehicle I have owned although infrequently online. I don’t believe that your anger will get you anywhere with the dealer of any vehicle. They can do what they can and a good dealer will always do their best. So many of the things you are complaining about are issues that are “built in” to the vehicle. There is nothing you can do but wait until Ineos gets around to fixing them. I assume that they will by the way… at least any they can.
Vehicle warranties exist to protect the consumer from manufacturing defects not features that you don’t like. If your radio stops working, they will fix it. If your engine leaks oil, they will reseal it. If you don’t like the way the software does something , well… that’s the way they made it. By the way, my 2022 F-150 performs software updated over the air. It checks for updates twice a week (whether or not I enable the feature in settings) and just the act of checking causes me to loose settings in the vehicle. I hate their implementation of the “feature”. I also hate the keyless door locks that simply don’t work well and a bunch of other little quirks. These are all things that are part of the package and can’t be “corrected”.
You seem to be angry because people are not sympathetic with your complaints. Don’t worry about it! Go to the dealer and complain, they will do what they can I am sure. Later when software updates happen you can get them and I still believe that you will be miserable about this vehicle. I hope I am wrong but I think I am right.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Funny, I’m driving one right n
And that is exactly what you are doing here…
You are the one slinging insults because you don’t like responses. I will say it again and then I promise I’ll will be quiet.
No vehicle is perfect. All auto forums and groups are full of complaints like yours. I complain about every single vehicle I have owned although infrequently online. I don’t believe that your anger will get you anywhere with the dealer of any vehicle. They can do what they can and a good dealer will always do their best. So many of the things you are complaining about are issues that are “built in” to the vehicle. There is nothing you can do but wait until Ineos gets around to fixing them. I assume that they will by the way… at least any they can.
Vehicle warranties exist to protect the consumer from manufacturing defects not features that you don’t like. If your radio stops working, they will fix it. If your engine leaks oil, they will reseal it. If you don’t like the way the software does something , well… that’s the way they made it. By the way, my 2022 F-150 performs software updated over the air. It checks for updates twice a week (whether or not I enable the feature in settings) and just the act of checking causes me to loose settings in the vehicle. I hate their implementation of the “feature”. I also hate the keyless door locks that simply don’t work well and a bunch of other little quirks. These are all things that are part of the package and can’t be “corrected”.
You seem to be angry because people are not sympathetic with your complaints. Don’t worry about it! Go to the dealer and complain, they will do what they can I am sure. Later when software updates happen you can get them and I still believe that you will be miserable about this vehicle. I hope I am wrong but I think I am right.

Funny, I’m driving one right now I would gladly swap for mine. I have zero complaints about the one I’m driving. None of the crap that in this thread. If my gren was like this gren I’d have only one issue, oil reset. So you see they can actually make it fine. And this is a 24 as well. No idiot lights, no clicks, dings, bongs. So yeah I like the truck, but the stupid that Ineos created, that you’re happy to accept is not necessary at all. Go figure. Make my truck behave like this truck and I’d be a happy camper. So you tell me, why is one grenadier great, and one full of stupid?

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Why? I should just let a company do nothing? Take a 30k loss and allow the company to not fix their product? I guess people have become more complacent these days. I didn’t know fighting for a proper fix was now the wrong thing to do
dead-horse-spank.gif

Local time
Reaction score
Funny, I’m driving one right n

Funny, I’m driving one right now I would gladly swap for mine. I have zero complaints about the one I’m driving. None of the crap that in this thread. If my gren was like this gren I’d have only one issue, oil reset. So you see they can actually make it fine. And this is a 24 as well. No idiot lights, no clicks, dings, bongs. So yeah I like the truck, but the stupid that Ineos created, that you’re happy to accept is not necessary at all. Go figure. Make my truck behave like this truck and I’d be a happy camper. So you tell me, why is one grenadier great, and one full of stupid?
I don’t believe that they are. I think some people are simply enjoying the Grenadier for what it brings to the table which is huge. Of course, going back to what I mentioned earlier, if there are true warranty issues, those can be addressed by a dealer. Just take it back and let them fix whatever is wrong. By the way, ALWAYS document issues that the vehicle is having before you head to the dealer. I find that short videos are the best as this is evidence that something is wrong. They can’t say “we couldn’t replicate the issue” if you demonstrate exactly how it happens.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I don’t believe that they are. I think some people are simply enjoying the Grenadier for what it brings to the table which is huge. Of course, going back to what I mentioned earlier, if there are true warranty issues, those can be addressed by a dealer. Just take it back and let them fix whatever is wrong. By the way, ALWAYS document issues that the vehicle is having before you head to the dealer. I find that short videos are the best as this is evidence that something is wrong. They can’t say “we couldn’t replicate the issue” if you demonstrate exactly how it happens.
Oh they have it, with videos, pictures, notes, trouble codes, it’s well documented.
I was a dealership manager I know how this works for sure. If we had lemon laws they would have to buy it back. We don’t. But I now gave a loaner 2000km away from them. They can keep mine until it behaves like this one. I don’t care if it takes a year.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got to admit I’m lost at this point. None of us like the nanny clicks and bongs with the ADAS configuration and are looking forward to some SW update that will allow us to disable it (and not have to do that every time). None of us like the tire sensor and oil reset issue. Most of us had to put new adhesive tape on our door seals, or have them swapped. We’re all looking for a better solution on the drive shaft so we can do a lift without barfing bearings all over the trail. Literally everyone is aware and agrees, and would like to keep up the pressure on Ineos to address these issues. Nobody is denying they are issues. These get addressed with good, persistent communication with Ineos and the dealers.

Then there’s the list where some people care and some don’t. Lumbar support. AC whistling at highest setting. Volume adjustment. Maybe these are the “refinement list” - things that will smooth out with subsequent improvements. These get addressed with communication, but only with time, so buyers need to decide if they want something NOW that fits the basic intent but has some rough around the edges, or better to wait 2-3 years until the kinks get worked out. You’re only hurting your blood pressure if you spend a lot of time on these right now.

Lastly, there are the “design brief” issues - where there is a conflict between intended purpose and operator expectation. Steering, for instance. These buyers just need to make a decision. In or out. The Grenadier will never be a luxe daily with tight parking lot manners. That’s not a design flaw or something to fix - that’s a design/expectation mismatch - caveat emptor.

IslandFalconer

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve got to admit I’m lost at this point. None of us like the nanny clicks and bongs with the ADAS configuration and are looking forward to some SW update that will allow us to disable it (and not have to do that every time). None of us like the tire sensor and oil reset issue. Most of us had to put new adhesive tape on our door seals, or have them swapped. We’re all looking for a better solution on the drive shaft so we can do a lift without barfing bearings all over the trail. Literally everyone is aware and agrees, and would like to keep up the pressure on Ineos to address these issues. Nobody is denying they are issues. These get addressed with good, persistent communication with Ineos and the dealers.

Then there’s the list where some people care and some don’t. Lumbar support. AC whistling at highest setting. Volume adjustment. Maybe these are the “refinement list” - things that will smooth out with subsequent improvements. These get addressed with communication, but only with time, so buyers need to decide if they want something NOW that fits the basic intent but has some rough around the edges, or better to wait 2-3 years until the kinks get worked out. You’re only hurting your blood pressure if you spend a lot of time on these right now.

Lastly, there are the “design brief” issues - where there is a conflict between intended purpose and operator expectation. Steering, for instance. These buyers just need to make a decision. In or out. The Grenadier will never be a luxe daily with tight parking lot manners. That’s not a design flaw or something to fix - that’s a design/expectation mismatch - caveat emptor.
I agree with you. But the people who simply tell others to live with the flaws, are most certainly not applying pressure on Ineos. They just accept it and hope. Some of us are actually trying to get it through to Ineos. Mechanical stuff nbd, like you I glued on door seals. But when you test drive a vehicle, than take delivery of something very much not what you expect, and one that is incessantly annoying. You have every right to apply pressure. Those people who choose to tell others to suck it up are interesting to me. I’ve never accepted mediocrity, not from my employees, and never from myself. If I can fight for better, I will. I don’t choose to just suck it up. Ineos fluffed up, and they need to fix it. They need to communicate better. They need to stop dragging their feet. A good team of software developers can solve this in weeks. Not months or years.

Back
Top Bottom