The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Trifecta of Annoyance - ADAS, TPMS & Tire Rotations, Engine Oil Service Reset

C-Mack

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:25 AM
Reaction score
All three topics have been discussed around the forum but is there really any hope for what I’m calling the “Trifecta of Annoyance” issues that these will be fixed anytime soon? I would prefer not to be clicked to death by nanny state speed warnings, or having to make pointless (hundred of miles) trips to the dealer for doing responsible owner basic maintenance work which shouldn’t require the dealer resetting something. So much goodness about the Grenadier but these three issues just drive me bonkers.

What’s on your “Trifecta of Annoyance” list you wish was being address by Ineos?

Reactions: GM
Local time
3:25 AM
Reaction score
I could not care less! The speed warning can be turned off, just like the start stop function. I fully believe that the maintenance reminders will be addressed at some point and if it takes them time, the rest of the package more than makes up for the annoyance.
Every single vehicle forum has posts like this. Ford, General Motors, Mercedes Benz, VW/Audi, Toyota and every single other vehicle out there has something that bothers someone. There is no such thing as a perfect vehicle… Enjoy what you have for what it is and wait for the promised software updates.
My apologies if I seem cranky… I am so thrilled with the premise of this design that I’ll tolerate a few bumps along the road to ownership.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:25 AM
Reaction score
"the trifecta of irritants"... I like that sentence...!

Lets make a t-shirt and send to each exec... Speed warning, TPMS relearn and oil change reset. This year please!
These are all very rational and simple requests, things you would want when you are on a great adventure.

C-Mack

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
"the trifecta of irritants"... I like that sentence...!

Lets make a t-shirt and send to each exec... Speed warning, TPMS relearn and oil change reset. This year please!
These are all very rational and simple requests, things you would want when you are on a great adventure.
Of course, I'm confident they are indeed working on updates and as I stated earlier they really are just annoyances which are only made more obvious as the rest of the vehicle is so damn good. For the Grenadier to be as good as it is out of the box is an amazing accomplishment for a new brand/vehicle. Certainly want to give them the time to make their software updates as I am sure other owners like being able to maintain their own vehicles and avoid trips to dealers for things they can easily handle themselves is my main point.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:25 PM
Reaction score
You have only recently received your Grenadier, I would not be focussing on issues that are not immediately relevant and enjoy the next year driving this unique and captivating vehicle. Sure the ADAS sucks (and I am glad my Gren does not have it) but worry about the TPMS and service reset when you actually have to. By the time your first service is due they may have a solution.

I find for every one item of annoyance there ten items of delight. Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative!

C-Mack

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You have only recently received your Grenadier, I would not be focussing on issues that are not immediately relevant and enjoy the next year driving this unique and captivating vehicle. Sure the ADAS sucks (and I am glad my Gren does not have it) but worry about the TPMS and service reset when you actually have to. By the time your first service is due they may have a solution.

I find for every one item of annoyance there ten items of delight. Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative!
Don't disagree... things will get better with time and enjoying it as is for now!!

Back
Top Bottom