The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Thinking of buying

Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Was an early order placer a few years ago but cancelled when launch price sky rocketed.

Have been patiently waiting to see the used market fill up. There’s a car, 14 months old, being sold by an Ineos dealer that’s on its 3rd owner and still only 5k miles. Should i be worried?

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:33 PM
Reaction score
Was an early order but cancelled when launch price sky rocketed.

Have been patiently waiting to see rhe used market fill up. There’s a car, 14 months old, being sold by an Ineos dealer thats on its 3rd owner and still only 5k miles. Should i be worried?
Ask to see the complete service history and work invoices to see if there are any ongoing problems that have not been worked out.
If they won't share it with you, that may be telling. DaBull

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:33 AM
Reaction score
Was an early order placer a few years ago but cancelled when launch price sky rocketed.

Have been patiently waiting to see the used market fill up. There’s a car, 14 months old, being sold by an Ineos dealer that’s on its 3rd owner and still only 5k miles. Should i be worried?
Yes and no.

The UK used car market is highly sensitive to the number of owners for some reason. 3 owners is extreme in a year and you will have challenges selling at a reasonable price if you intend to sell it in 3 years. Saying that, you will often find more exotic vehicles change hands very regularly as the petrolheads have limited attention spans.

In terms of the vehicle, assuming no accident damage, I wouldn't be worried at all. A few warranty issues with the mid 2023 models such as door seals, but you have 4 years so no worries.

You are probably aware, but watch the specs closely. I've seen at least one below £40k plus vat but without the rough pack and smooth pack the vehicle is much less desirable.

Last edited:

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:33 PM
Reaction score

I wouldn't do it. 3 registered owners in a few weeks would be too much for me. Even if it was just down to the people not getting on with the type of vehicle, there are bound to be questions and reservations when reselling. But maybe I'm just being very careful and picky. Even with my classic Land Rovers, one of which is over 60 years old, I made sure that I only had one previous owner.

Back
Top Bottom